Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the past few weeks to months, we've all pretty much speculated the crap out of the Intouch Apps as dealers have made up endless amount of claims as to why it's not out yet. Well apparently, it is available.. Just not in the US. During my daily commute home, I figured I google InTouch App Release date to see if it will provide some hope. As suspected, I didn't find any information on availability. However, I did come across the Infiniti's European website and was amazed to see that the apps are available there.

It seems that Infiniti has re-prioritized their market importance and instead of releasing the system here in the US first, they released it in Europe. There might be a myriad of reasons why but I hardly suspect it's what we've been told so far (e.g., Hardware issues, Apple not playing nice). However, from everything we've heard so far I think the one that might closely reflect what's going on is the licensing issue.

It seems that both Apple and Google carry the InTouch app and they are available for download if you live in one of the European markets Infiniti serves (Google Play shows that the app was updated today 2/24 - not sure however if it was released today or just updated). I tried to download the app both in the iTunes store and in Google Play but had no luck because it recognized that I was trying to download the app from the US.

In Google Play nearly 500 people have downloaded the app and it has 3-5 reviews. Unfortunately, I was not able to access the review to see what people are saying but it seems like it has 4/5 stars.

I've provided a number of screenshots. Most of it can be access from the link below but knowing Infiniti, who knows when they might take this down as well. I also have a few screenshots of registering to show how you add VIN numbers. At this point, not sure what to expect or what the hold up is....

http://www.infiniti.eu/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/InTouch-leaflet.pdf

InTouch - Infiniti

Attachments

Reactions: klimchuk

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
O.K., having read the information on the URL in your post, I'm confused(what else is new?:D) I had assumed that the apps would be downloaded to the CAR, but it seems the apps are downloaded to your phone, which is then connected to your car. Does that mean that you have to keep your phone connected in order to see(and use) the apps? If that's the case, why not just use your phone for the information you want(such as Facebook)? Also, the site indicates that one year of connection is free, and there is a charge thereafter. Do you know how much that will be, and is it really worth it? Long-time members here know that all of this doesn't interest me, but I'm just curious.;)

·
Registered
256 Posts
yes you'll still need to have your phone connected as this is where it sources its data from. It is basically just providing you with an interface for the cars screens rather than using your phones screen.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes in tech terms a thin client in the car that uses data from the phone and internet. I had seen the cost on the US site that it will be around 20 a year I think then again who knows how much they might charge. There might also be stipulations on having an active connection subscription as well but I'm just speculating.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
I've used the EnTune system in our 2014 4Runner and it works great with Pandora and Bing. Everything over BT, no need to plug in your phone and it uses your phone's apps and data connection to source everything. I would be highly upset if you still have to plug in the iPhone on the Q to use the apps, especially if Toyota/Lexus can do it over BT.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I figured as much.. I tried to download the apk file from the Google App store but it wouldn't work.

Wondering if one of our European friends can post the apk file so we can side load it. The new version is 1.1.5. I can conform that 1.0.8 does not work here in the US.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
288 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Update didn't let me install any new apps to my car. I did see there was an update for the performance app when I was in the app garage though.
so it's just as useless as the last one.. You can't install anything.. and the "premium" apps do not show in the app manager section?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Over the past few weeks to months, we've all pretty much speculated the crap out of the Intouch Apps as dealers have made up endless amount of claims as to why it's not out yet.
Seriously? You want to hang this on dealers? That's rich!

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Yep - I did that and used a UK VPN. I've got it on my iPhone. Doubt it will do anything, but will try in a little bit.
Let us know what works and what not.. especially pandora! but it is kinda useless if the InTouch system in the car is not updated right? or it is updated using ur phone.. I remember there is a button in app manager that sync with phone.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.