Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a 2017 Q50 a few months ago. I love the performance but noticed right away that their NAVI system sucks compared to basic iPhone maps. The ability to search for places, addresses never seems to have the places I want. I used InTouch for two months and cancelled it. Not interested in paying $25/month for the ability to send addresses to the car. I thought I would be able to use Google, but I cannot enable any apps on the car. Phone apps are horrible. Called InTouch and they said I needed to agree to the terms to enable apps. Did that, no change. WTF?? Does anything other than SXM music and basic nav work on this damn car?

Would love to install Apple Carplay and would pay well to have it, but am worried about a non-oem system. Heard some dealerships have been installing systems but have not been able to find anyone with Carplay. So.....

Anyone with a 2017 Q50 where ANY of the apps work? What do I need to do?

Anyone find an aftermarket Apple Carplay thats as good as OEM?

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
12,333 Posts
Unfortunately, you're screwed as far as adding additional apps to the InTouch system. Infiniti has never provided any additional 3rd-party apps (eg. Pandora, and others) since the car came out, even though their advertisements claimed they would be forthcoming. That resulted in a class-action lawsuit that paid 2014 Q50 owners a few bucks back in the day. What apps are you specifically referring to?

Yes, there are 3rd-party kits that can add CarPlay and some here have installed them. I think there have been mixed results as far as how well these kits interface with existing InTouch features. Hopefully, some here who have gone this route can elaborate some more about them here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I did some research and saw the lawsuit referenced. One of my issues is not even being able to access the two available apps now. Intouch customer service could not help even with what app I needed to get access for Google. My basic issue is being able to find addresses, points of interests and getting them onto the NAVI system. If I have to update the chip every two years, I may as well invest in a system that Incorporates access to apps like Waze to gain traffic info, intuitive rerouting etc.

2 basic questions. How to access the apps now, using an iPhone and whether anyone has upgraded to CarPlay. I had hoped dealers would see the demand and offer an upgrade.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
12,333 Posts
I'll ask the question again: What existing apps are you specifically referring to that you can't access with InTouch?

Are you saying you can't input addresses into InTouch navigation? Your post is confusing.

You won't see an Infiniti upgrade for CP or AA. It just isn't economically feasible with the existing hardware in pre-2020 Q50's. Your best bet is to get one of the third-party adapters. There are threads here about them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts