1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
108 Posts
Looks great! I really like the InTouch system in the Q50 and seriously considering a purchase soon.
I have some question on the InTouch system hopefully some expert can help me out.
1) Are the apps available today to use or its still under development?
2) Do I always have to plug in my phone to get InTouch to work?
3) Do I get Pandora etc on the InTouch without my phone or it uses my phone via bluetooth?

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Looks great! I really like the InTouch system in the Q50 and seriously considering a purchase soon.
I have some question on the InTouch system hopefully some expert can help me out.
1) Are the apps available today to use or its still under development?
2) Do I always have to plug in my phone to get InTouch to work?
3) Do I get Pandora etc on the InTouch without my phone or it uses my phone via bluetooth?
1. They are still under development. It says it will release in the late fall, which will probably be around the same time the new update is available.
2. If you have an iPhone, you will have to plug in to use the inTouch Apps like Pandora and Facebook, if you have an Android you can use bluetooth.
3. The apps I believe use the app that's on the phone if I'm not mistaken. Maybe someone else can confirm this.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
I don't think I have seen this posted before, and I'm not sure how long this website has been live, but here ya go...it shows that all of the smartphone inTouch apps are complimentary for 4 years, and then $19.99 per year thereafter.

InTouch Vehicle Infotainment System | Infiniti USA Official Site
Looks like it was recently added. Do not recall seeing it when the new Q50 site debuted 2-3 weeks ago.

$20/year is not so bad. I was fearing for worse.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Is there a date yet when we will get these apps? :)

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. Infiniti Customer Affairs doesn't even know when its coming out.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Oh crap. thats just around the corner

·
Registered
396 Posts
Yesterday when I asked whether my car will have the new app/update installed when it finally arrives at dealer ETA 9/13, Customer Affair rep was very certain: NO.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
You're still waiting for your car?!

·
Registered
18 Posts
1. They are still under development. It says it will release in the late fall, which will probably be around the same time the new update is available.
2. If you have an iPhone, you will have to plug in to use the inTouch Apps like Pandora and Facebook, if you have an Android you can use bluetooth.
3. The apps I believe use the app that's on the phone if I'm not mistaken. Maybe someone else can confirm this.
Actually, you can stream Pandora and Music off of iPhone using the "BTA" feature.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Actually, you can stream Pandora and Music off of iPhone using the "BTA" feature.
That's correct, I do it all the time with Pandora and Spotify. I was talking more about the integrated app in the car itself though, which is why I stated "you have to plug it in to use the inTouch Apps". I believe the OP was talking about the app in the inTouch system.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Why the **** should I pay a recurring subscription for apps that should be free? Infiniti isn't hosting any of those services themselves, and they're relying on your cell phone for data service. Screw that.

/Really? H E double hockey sticks is censored? Are we in elementary school here?

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Why the **** should I pay a recurring subscription for apps that should be free? Infiniti isn't hosting any of those services themselves, and they're relying on your cell phone for data service. Screw that.

/Really? H E double hockey sticks is censored? Are we in elementary school here?
Developing the apps for use in the in touch system is not free.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Developing the apps for use in the in touch system is not free.
It may not be "free", but the cost is trivial when all you're doing is making a front end to connect to preexisting web apis. And this is assuming that Infiniti themselves are even footing the bill, which I don't know why they would have to, since there's a good reason these companies already offer up free apps for Android smartphones.

I could see charging a subscription if the mere act of me using the app actually cost Infiniti money, but this is not the case with any of these apps and probably won't be for any foreseeable ones. The brands that own these services already maintain the back end services, and these apps are relying on the data connection that I'm already paying for on my cell phone. This yearly subscription is nickel and dime'ing. I'm sure you wouldn't be very impressed if Infiniti made you call a 1-900 number for customer service.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.