Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got out of a chat with a representative regarding the Apps setup. She told me that the apps will be available in the "fall" and that we will get notification about the update. She also said it would require going to the dealership to get the update installed.

My dealership is having a meeting next Wednesday (9/4) about the Apps and InTouch. I sat in the car yesterday with my sales rep and showed him all the issues (long startup, predictive lines, channel lock on SXM, no weather, etc). He wasn't happy. I asked him to call me during the meeting if they wanted some input. I just emailed him to find out what time the meeting is scheduled and that I can be available to demonstrate the issues.

I'll let you know if that happens. Could be interesting!

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
I got a feeling the software update is also related to iOS 7 release. I cannot imagine they update the InTouch software and it doesn't work when Apple released iOS 7 in a few weeks.
I doubt this is it. Developers already have the iOS 7 code.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got a feeling the software update is also related to iOS 7 release. I cannot imagine they update the InTouch software and it doesn't work when Apple released iOS 7 in a few weeks.
Very small chance that they are waiting, but who knows with Apple's in-car push this past 6 months.

·
Registered
302 Posts
It works with ios7 today. I'm using my iPhone 5 with ios7 and haven't had an issue yet.

What would be great is if the upgrade will add 'IOS in the Car' that will be part of the iOS 7 release.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Not too optimistic about Apple/Infiniti collaboration. They could have at least done Siri eyes free, but didn't. I don't think iOS in the car will be in iOS7 until maybe 7.1 or so. As much as I hope the Q50 will support it, I doubt it...

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
A couple of things.

Car isn't supposed to have weather yet. That's part of XM premium app thingy that comes with the fall update.

SXM lockup? Do you mean the problem where it is "acquiring signal"? You have that on xm or just on hd radio stations? The acquring signal thing is a function of H's radio and will happen periodically if you're tuned to an hd station other than hd1 for any station. Hd1 has an analog equivalent to fall back on. Hd2 does not.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Oh, and the lag in getting predictive course lines to display is a well known issue. I don't know if they'll be able to get to where it's instant like on the G37, but they're working hard to get it load earlier in the process.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.