Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok all,
Since there are multiple threads on this, I wanted to start another one so it wouldn't get buried.

So, most of you know that I've had a lot of problems with my Nav and Intouch system freezing, nav freezing, nav sreen black, reverse lines disappearing, reverse line still showing while in drive moving forward, etc. etc.

I took it to the dealer and they told me that a group of "Japanese Engineers" will be out to look at my car.

I just received the call that they came out today and hooked up a bunch of computers to my system. They were able to replicate most or all of the issues that I've been having, many more with my iPod plugged in. Which leads me to believe that there is an iPod/USB interface problem and might part of the cause of some of the issues we are having, but definitely not all.

They said that they ran all of the error codes, took notes and will be working on fixes that will go into the next S/W build, which will be coming out next month (September). As for my car, they felt that re-installing the S/W wouldn't help and to please be patient until they get the new build out that will fix all these issues. And for now, if frozen to please just reboot the system by holding the power button in for 5 seconds.

Good news is that they are very aware of this forum (and others), and the issues everyone is having. That is all for now.

I am very happy that they are monitoring this situation closely and making this a very high priority. This eases the pain somewhat so I'm happy about that. At least we can be assured that there are probably teams of S/W engineers working around the clock to make the InTouch system work properly and address all the issues.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Ok all,
Since there are multiple threads on this, I wanted to start another one so it wouldn't get buried.

So, most of you know that I've had a lot of problems with my Nav and Intouch system freezing, nav freezing, nav sreen black, reverse lines disappearing, reverse line still showing while in drive moving forward, etc. etc.

I took it to the dealer and they told me that a group of "Japanese Engineers" will be out to look at my car.

I just received the call that they came out today and hooked up a bunch of computers to my system. They were able to replicate most or all of the issues that I've been having, many more with my iPod plugged in. Which leads me to believe that there is an iPod/USB interface problem and might part of the cause of some of the issues we are having, but definitely not all.

They said that they ran all of the error codes, took notes and will be working on fixes that will go into the next S/W build, which will be coming out next month (September). As for my car, they felt that re-installing the S/W wouldn't help and to please be patient until they get the new build out that will fix all these issues. And for now, if frozen to please just reboot the system by holding the power button in for 5 seconds.

Good news is that they are very aware of this forum (and others), and the issues everyone is having. That is all for now.

I am very happy that they are monitoring this situation closely and making this a very high priority. This eases the pain somewhat so I'm happy about that. At least we can be assured that there are probably teams of S/W engineers working around the clock to make the InTouch system work properly and address all the issues.
THAT is fantastic news! Much credit to you and the others who are documenting and reporting the issues. All of that activity from this small, but very focused group of consumers has brought the right level of attention to the matter!

Now I can't wait to pick up Ruby! ;)

Reactions: jkay

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
I have never had an iPod connected to mine...but I do have two USB devices always connected. My phone charging and my sandisk Cruser 32gb that Doesn't work right.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
If any one does talk to these software engineers - ask them what version of Android are they moving up to - Gingerbread is ancient by tech standards. We need something newer, more stable and secure. At least ~4.X version, I hope.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
If any one does talk to these software engineers - ask them what version of Android are they moving up to - Gingerbread is ancient by tech standards. We need something newer, more stable and secure. At least ~4.X version, I hope.
I think android is only used for the app garage, which we can't even use yet. If you go into the diag mode, there is no mention of android, like there is in the app garage info screen.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Ok all,

They were able to replicate most or all of the issues that I've been having, many more with my iPod plugged in. Which leads me to believe that there is an iPod/USB interface problem and might part of the cause of some of the issues we are having, but definitely not all.
My first lock up occurred when I was BT streaming music from my iPhone 5.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Were they actually Japanese? Did you talk to them?

BTW, there were a total of five (5) engineers working on my car. Two were Japanese, I believe from Japan Corporate, two were American from Corporate USA and another engineer who I think was a local Infiniti engineer.

They were ONLY working on S/W issues specifically. They are traveling around to different dealerships and there are teams that I assume are broken up by geographical location. Anyway, point being they are well aware of the issues.

As for the Android update, I would doubt they would move up to 4.X version as that was a major update and to do so might bring more issues.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Tha ks for the update man! I guess all of us have to wait for the september update for the fix then! Btw, did they mention if we were going to have to go to the dealer or will it be OTA?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Tha ks for the update man! I guess all of us have to wait for the september update for the fix then! Btw, did they mention if we were going to have to go to the dealer or will it be OTA?
They told me dealer install for the next update, no mention of OTA and I didn't even think to ask.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
They told me dealer install for the next update, no mention of OTA and I didn't even think to ask.
Good to know! Ill ask my rep about it too! Thanks for the update man!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.