Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've had my system freeze probably about a dozen times since I picked it up. But today was another freeze and an issue of another sort.

So I was driving in a parking lot very slowly, someone was backing out, I stopped and saw that the person driving was an old lady so I decided to give her some more room, so I put in reverse and backed up a little then put it back in drive. She parked and I noticed that my Nav screen was black but still showing the reverse parking line guides, yes I was in drive moving forward. I tried everything and nothing fixed it until I parked and turned the car off. But I did not "reboot" the system as I was ready to park. UGH! :mad:

It just seems this is just getting worse, at least for me and becoming more unstable as time goes by.

I haven't reached out the Infiniti Corporate yet, but at this point, if we haven't yet, everyone here that have freezing issues need to gather the info and contact corporate directly and maybe through a dealer.

·
Registered
585 Posts
That sucks. I hate to say this, but I think you probably have a bad processor in your ride.

Happened to me with my Nox. They kept trying to re-flash the module, but the fix would never take. They ended up replacing two of the "computers" that make it run and all was well.

What you're experience is not normal (we haven't had a lockup yet). I would suggest a trip back to your dealer.

·
Registered
336 Posts
There's a thread SOMEWHERE where they're compiling all the issues using a standard form. Can't find it in the active threads anymore, must be buried somewhere :)

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Well I've had my system freeze probably about a dozen times since I picked it up. But today was another freeze and an issue of another sort.

So I was driving in a parking lot very slowly, someone was backing out, I stopped and saw that the person driving was an old lady so I decided to give her some more room, so I put in reverse and backed up a little then put it back in drive. She parked and I noticed that my Nav screen was black but still showing the reverse parking line guides, yes I was in drive moving forward. I tried everything and nothing fixed it until I parked and turned the car off. But I did not "reboot" the system as I was ready to park. UGH! :mad:

It just seems this is just getting worse, at least for me and becoming more unstable as time goes by.

I haven't reached out the Infiniti Corporate yet, but at this point, if we haven't yet, everyone here that have freezing issues need to gather the info and contact corporate directly and maybe through a dealer.
So system reboot(hold volume button) didnt work? I had 1 freeze up so far and it was today also when i started the car it froze to the infiniti start up logo! Jist held that button and let it reset and it was all fine after!

·
Registered
585 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
I put in reverse and backed up a little then put it back in drive. She parked and I noticed that my Nav screen was black but still showing the reverse parking line guides, yes I was in drive moving forward.
I had the opposite problem today. In reverse with no line guides or distance markers.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So system reboot(hold volume button) didnt work? I had 1 freeze up so far and it was today also when i started the car it froze to the infiniti start up logo! Jist held that button and let it reset and it was all fine after!
No, I said I didn't reboot it. On that note, I don't want to keep rebooting my car system, that isn't right and needs to be corrected.

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
No, I said I didn't reboot it. On that note, I don't want to keep rebooting my car system, that isn't right and needs to be corrected.
Why haven't you personally contacted Infiniti by now? If I have had my system lock up a dozen times I would be sitting at the dealership refusing to leave until my car was thoroughly inspected.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Why haven't you personally contacted Infiniti by now? If I have had my system lock up a dozen times I would be sitting at the dealership refusing to leave until my car was thoroughly inspected.
I just haven't had the time as of yet. There is a dealer that is only about 5 miles from me. I've set up an appointment but not until next week. They'll probably reinstall the S/W.

But more to the point is that I'm not the only one, so everyone needs to do contact corporate, this isn't an isolated incident.

·
Registered
18 Posts
this is response to coryn, do u have a around view camera? if you do it will take at least 2 min. to show up on your screen, this is after your system loads up 5 dots on the buttom of lower screen. you might have a tendency that you start the car put in in reverse right away with out letting the system boot up.

again to all guys, wait until the system boot up. before doing anything with the lower screen. like a smart phone.

·
Registered
66 Posts
this is response to coryn, do u have a around view camera? if you do it will take at least 2 min. to show up on your screen, this is after your system loads up 5 dots on the buttom of lower screen. you might have a tendency that you start the car put in in reverse right away with out letting the system boot up.

again to all guys, wait until the system boot up. before doing anything with the lower screen. like a smart phone.
Nope, rearview only on the top screen.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had another interesting issue this evening. I plugged my iphone in to get some more charge and it started to immediately play the podcast that I had been listening to on my phone earlier in the day in my office. It wouldn't let me get to anything else on my phone and wouldn't pause either. I unplugged it and then my bluetooth seemed to not be paired anymore. It kept giving me an error saying that I wasn't near the bluetooth or that it wasn't on or something like that. My phone kept searching for the My Car to pair but the car would never engage. In Touch wouldn't let me do any of the settings within Bluetooth to reconnect it. I pushed the radio button to reboot the system and tried again. It still would not pair. I eventually had to delete the My Car setting from my phone and delete my iphone name from the In Touch settings and then start over to repair my phone with the car. It seemed to be paired after that but ever since that it is only showing me the one podcast on the In Touch system under BTA and will no longer show me any of my other podcasts or my music. And this is after shutting the car off for many hours and then getting back in tonight to drive home. I will see what happens tomorrow when I drive the car again. Everything was working perfectly earlier this morning when I drove to work but then it got all jacked later in the day.

I went back into the car (I didn't want to wait until tomorrow) and hit another setting within the BTA control panel and now it seems to be paired back up correctly and sees all my music and was playing. I also realized that when I plugged my iphone in earlier today I may have done it immediately, while the "Loading apps" notice was running at the bottom of the screen, so maybe it was because I hadn't let the system fully boot up before introducing a new device. Who knows?

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
I had another interesting issue this evening. I plugged my iphone in to get some more charge and it started to immediately play the podcast that I had been listening to on my phone earlier in the day in my office. It wouldn't let me get to anything else on my phone and wouldn't pause either. I unplugged it and then my bluetooth seemed to not be paired anymore. It kept giving me an error saying that I wasn't near the bluetooth or that it wasn't on or something like that. My phone kept searching for the My Car to pair but the car would never engage. In Touch wouldn't let me do any of the settings within Bluetooth to reconnect it. I pushed the radio button to reboot the system and tried again. It still would not pair. I eventually had to delete the My Car setting from my phone and delete my iphone name from the In Touch settings and then start over to repair my phone with the car. It seemed to be paired after that but ever since that it is only showing me the one podcast on the In Touch system under BTA and will no longer show me any of my other podcasts or my music. And this is after shutting the car off for many hours and then getting back in tonight to drive home. I will see what happens tomorrow when I drive the car again. Everything was working perfectly earlier this morning when I drove to work but then it got all jacked later in the day.

I went back into the car (I didn't want to wait until tomorrow) and hit another setting within the BTA control panel and now it seems to be paired back up correctly and sees all my music and was playing. I also realized that when I plugged my iphone in earlier today I may have done it immediately, while the "Loading apps" notice was running at the bottom of the screen, so maybe it was because I hadn't let the system fully boot up before introducing a new device. Who knows?
Optimistic thought here (a stretch I know with all of the in-touch bugs) but did you try resetting the phone? I have a BT headset in my office that screws up my phone's BT and if I use it I often have to reset the phone to get it to connect to my car.

If this happens again, maybe try resetting the phone first?? Just a thought to try.

Ugh, not liking all of these in-touch issues. May. . . Have. . . To . . .wait . . . To. . . Buy. . .nah. I'll just end up posting my lockup issues on the sticky thread. Gluttons for punishment - we're all gluttons for punishment!!

·
Registered
225 Posts
I had the opposite problem today. In reverse with no line guides or distance markers.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I am having this same issue. The grid lines don't show up in reverse after turning on the car. Honestly I don't have 2 minutes every time the car turns on to wait for that. Does anyone else Q50 do this?

Reactions: q50 girl

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
I am having this same issue. The grid lines don't show up in reverse after turning on the car. Honestly I don't have 2 minutes every time the car turns on to wait for that. Does anyone else Q50 do this?
My thoughts exactly.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
My gridlines show up immediately and move based on steering wheel upon starting the car and putting in reverse.

Reactions: afrosheen

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Please read section 7 who are having grid line issues

7. Monitor system in Infiniti InTouch Manual

REAVIEW MONITOR SETTINGS
The RearView Monitor settings can be changed with the following procedure.
1. Push <MENU>.
2. Touch [Settings].
3. Touch [Camera/Sonar].

·
Registered
250 Posts
That sucks. I hate to say this, but I think you probably have a bad processor in your ride.

Happened to me with my Nox. They kept trying to re-flash the module, but the fix would never take. They ended up replacing two of the "computers" that make it run and all was well.

What you're experience is not normal (we haven't had a lockup yet). I would suggest a trip back to your dealer.
I hate to break it to you, but its not a bad processor. Its the software. I actually worked for the Tier 1 supplier that did the head units for both the Chevy Equinox and the new inTouch on the Q50. I won't say the same of the supplier, but it is definitely a software bug that was hard to fix. I worked on the GM program first hand for many years, and that issue never was fixed 100%.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Please read section 7 who are having grid line issues

7. Monitor system in Infiniti InTouch Manual

REAVIEW MONITOR SETTINGS
The RearView Monitor settings can be changed with the following procedure.
1. Push <MENU>.
2. Touch [Settings].
3. Touch [Camera/Sonar].
Thanks, I already did this last week and just checked it again. It still shows that its active, it just doesn't show up when you turn the car on and go in reverse.

Anyone else?

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.