Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 165 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the beach today, and on the way there, everything worked great. However, on the way back, the entire inTouch system locked up on the drive home. I couldn't do anything as far as controlling or cancelling navigation, adjusting climate control, or any other adjustability settings within inTouch. My bluetooth also disconnected and would not reconnect. USB was not working. And again, the navigation screen was completely useless. I figured when I got home and turned the car off and back on, it would fix itself. Nope. It was still not acting right. I went inside and came back out 20 minutes later, and it finally started working properly again. I have about 10 minutes of video I am uploading to YouTube. Very frustrated right now and hope this was an isolated, off-the-wall event. Video below:

As of 8/13/2013:
Confirmed Members who have had at least one lock-up:
Q50Aggie
bdbaity
[email protected]
ChrisQ50
maddsiick
stevie
JR69
Gandhi
MattJB
Coryn

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Uh-oh...! Looks like infiniti corp will be hearing something again! Haha!

In all seriousness though, did u do anything different today or any other conditions that might have contributed to this? Maybe hot weather or something? Good thing u took a video of it and hope its not something common! Hopefully this was just a fluke!

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Uh-oh...! Looks like infiniti corp will be hearing something again! Haha!

In all seriousness though, did u do anything different today or any other conditions that might have contributed to this? Maybe hot weather or something? Good thing u took a video of it and hope its not something common! Hopefully this was just a fluke!
No, it was parked in shade. Wait till you see this video........

·
Registered
225 Posts
This happened to me earlier today on a short drive to dinner. Everything locked up and was useless including the hard buttons on the console. Turned the car off, waited a second and then turned back on and everything worked fine.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I wonder if this is related to the problem they were telling us about earlier, that the Q50 needs to figure out appropriate times to shut down and do system updates? Whatever the cause, it's scary :(

I'm certainly glad that I can count on Hitler to deal with this situation promptly! :D

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This happened to me earlier today on a short drive to dinner. Everything locked up and was useless including the hard buttons on the console. Turned the car off, waited a second and then turned back on and everything worked fine.
Be sure to watch my video when I post it...I am about to start the upload process on YouTube...The video is 18 minutes long. Curious if yours was having the same behavior.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Wow! 2 cases already! That sucks! :(

·
Registered
225 Posts
Be sure to watch my video when I post it...I am about to start the upload process on YouTube...The video is 18 minutes long. Curious if yours was having the same behavior.
It was stuck on the main inTouch page. I don't remember if the navigation was working as it was only about a 3 mile trip. No onscreen or hard buttons would work at all. No A/C control, radio or anything.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wonder if this is what they were trying to avoid with this last update...My dealer told me the update they were installing was to make it so the inTouch system does not become unresponsive during driving due to system being updated.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I wonder if this is what they were trying to avoid with this last update...My dealer told me the update they were installing was to make it so the inTouch system does not become unresponsive during driving due to system being updated.
It's fair to say the update didn't work then. :mad:

·
Registered
50 Posts
I wonder if disconnecting/reconnecting the negative battery cable will cause it to reboot. Usually those tech-heavy integrated systems are drawing phantom power even when you shut the car "off" at the ignition. Pulling the power forces a full reboot.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I wonder if disconnecting/reconnecting the negative battery cable will cause it to reboot. Usually those tech-heavy integrated systems are drawing phantom power even when you shut the car "off" at the ignition. Pulling the power forces a full reboot.
Yea, that's not going to be happening. On the hybrid, the 12 volt battery is on the left side of the trunk, and you have to remove the carpet in order to disconnect the terminals!

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
One way to cut the power is to yank the fuse(s) for the system. Not something you want to have to do on a regular basis but it should get things functional again.

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
They need a hard reset button...
PREACH!!!

Weird both were hybrids! I hope this doesn't become a consistent problem but something tells me we will hear more issues like this before it is addressed!

Either of you speak with your reps about it??

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
PREACH!!!

Weird both were hybrids! I hope this doesn't become a consistent problem but something tells me we will hear more issues like this before it is addressed!

Either of you speak with your reps about it??
Yea I told Nick...he's waiting for my video to upload to Youtube...but it's over 1GB so it's taking forever

·
Registered
118 Posts
The reviewers are going to be all over this once they catch wind of it. Better yet, it could happen during one of their review outings.

I'm betting word of this has already gotten back to the programmers who just had their weekend plans cancelled.

1 - 20 of 165 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.