Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Found this buried online... Enjoy

https://owners.infinitiusa.com/InTouchApps

Note: Only iPhone and Android devices are currently supported for inTouch Apps. BlackBerry and Windows Phone are supported for Bluetooth only, but not inTouch apps.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
As I said in another thread, it may be time to throw your blackberry out the window - so to speak.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
How come it does not support the latest androids such as the Samsung galaxy s4 and the HTC One

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How come it does not support the latest androids such as the Samsung galaxy s4 and the HTC One
I'm sure it does. Probably not an all-encompassing list...but if you have the latest generation (and some even older) Android or BlackBerry, you should have no problems.

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
No call waiting on Verizon iPhone5? that works in my G now. WTH? Maybe they had some issues and don't want to 'officially' support it?

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
So does this mean the iPhone5 does not need to be tethered for toes listed functions? Sounds like all of that is via Bluetooth. If so, is there an advantage to using the USB tether?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Has anyone managed to read or hear first hand from an official source suggesting that the car will support 'iOS In The Car' when it is released later this fall? According to Apple, it will be released with iOS 7 and will await head units in 2014 cars to support it. As it is likely 'just' a software upgrade, I'm hoping the Q50 platform is ready for this.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Has anyone managed to read or hear first hand from an official source suggesting that the car will support 'iOS In The Car' when it is released later this fall? According to Apple, it will be released with iOS 7 and will await head units in 2014 cars to support it. As it is likely 'just' a software upgrade, I'm hoping the Q50 platform is ready for this.
I brought this up a while back when the feature was announced at WWDC and while it remains pure speculation on my part, I find it hard to believe that it would only require a simple software upgrade. It suggests that Infiniti was working with Apple for quite some time (years?) to lay down the hardware necessary to support that feature in the Q50 for when iOS7 was released and that seems a bit far fetched. Ofcourse, it could also be that the hardware/firmware platform was so excellently designed that an update is all that is required. As I said before, absolute speculation. It's something I am really looking forward to learning more about as well.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I brought this up a while back when the feature was announced at WWDC and while it remains pure speculation on my part, I find it hard to believe that it would only require a simple software upgrade. It suggests that Infiniti was working with Apple for quite some time (years?) to lay down the hardware necessary to support that feature in the Q50 for when iOS7 was released and that seems a bit far fetched. Ofcourse, it could also be that the hardware/firmware platform was so excellently designed that an update is all that is required. As I said before, absolute speculation. It's something I am really looking forward to learning more about as well.
I agree with your speculative view point and that is my concern. I'm hoping that since there is such a strong technology focus in this car, that planning was being done in advance as a partner with Apple. I'd think Nissan would want to be a premier vendor bringing one of the earliest cars to the market supporting this upcoming feature. I do share the concern though that the timing may not be right and it could be the 2015 model where this Apple tech will be introduced.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Are there many users on here using Windows Phone? The new devices made by Nokia are really nice, but uptake here in the US has been somewhat hamstrung.

It would seem to me that at a minimum, Blackberry's market share is ripe for the taking by Microsoft. But here in sillycon valley, I see almost only androids and iphones. Sold a Q50 yesterday to a client with a new Windows Phone. It would be nice to see Infiniti add capabilities so his device interacts better with InTouch. For now, it works for Bluetooth talk and streaming music.

Anyone?

Reactions: David_in_CT

·
Registered
585 Posts
Sold a Q50 yesterday to a client with a new Windows Phone. It would be nice to see Infiniti add capabilities so his device interacts better with InTouch. For now, it works for Bluetooth talk and streaming music.

Anyone?
I don't think you will see it. Windows Phone just doesn't have the market share to make sense developing capabilities for it.

Having said that, Windows Phone is making a big dent in markets other than the U.S., so maybe we will see some additional windows development in the future.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Just put iOS 7 on my iPhone 5. I'll test it out in the morning to make sure it works. I'm tired...

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
I cannot get bluetooth to work with the iPhone5. It used to work and no longer works. I reset the radio and also went in to make sure I had the latest update and I do.

If its not plugged in with the USB slot, it doesn't work...and then that freezes up....

·
Registered
160 Posts
Anyone with a Verizon iPhone 5 able to receive text messages through their Q50? According to that list, we should be able to receive but not send texts. When I try to use a text feature, the system tells me that my phone is not supported.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Yes. Text messages receive fine on my Verizon iPhone 5. You have to go into the bluetooth settings for the car on the phone and turn notifications on. It won't push notifications on if the messaging app is open on the phone. You cannot send a message or call back from the car in response to a message--yet, perhaps. Someone else reported that would be fixed in a future update.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Yes. Text messages receive fine on my Verizon iPhone 5. You have to go into the bluetooth settings for the car on the phone and turn notifications on. It won't push notifications on if the messaging app is open on the phone. You cannot send a message or call back from the car in response to a message--yet, perhaps. Someone else reported that would be fixed in a future update.
Thanks! This makes sense now! I was getting really upset about it, lol.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.