Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

InTouch Texting (What works and what doesn't)

21K views 55 replies 29 participants last post by  Meriak 
#1 ·
This issue has tended to get buried in broader threads involving problems with InTouch. Since the question comes up frequently, I have started a separate thread focused on texting.

Let us know what model phone you have and if you can receive and send text messages from InTouch.

I'll start it with my own and with posts from a different thread

Samsung Note 2 - Receive Yes, Send Yes
Verizon Droid Bionic - Receive Yes, Send Yes

Maybe it would help if people would post what phones work. Just a thought. I do know there is a list of compatibility floating around.

- Work iPhone 5 receives but unable to send. Nothing cant be done about that
- Note 3 receives and works fine.
The Blackberry 10's don't work for texting. My old Bold 9900 worked (receive only) but neither works for the 10's.

Reactions: equetefue
#3 ·
Originally Posted by equetefue View Post
Maybe it would help if people would post what phones work. Just a thought. I do know there is a list of compatibility floating around.

- Work iPhone 5 receives but unable to send. Nothing cant be done about that
- Note 3 receives and works fine.
equetefue,

Can you elaborate on "Nothing can be done about that"? If I remember correctly, it was stated somewhere that it was due to security within IOS.

#6 ·
You are correct. Due to the iOS security and the way Apple has it locked, we are able to receive and view the text messages, but we are unable to reply or initiate a replied call from the text message screen.

#5 ·
#9 ·
I'm glad you said it. People have to realize that any device will only work with iDevices if Apple decides it will. I would be a rich man if I got a nickle every time somebody blames another manufacturer for an issue that is actually caused by an idevice.

#10 ·
Agree. People dont seem to understand that although the apple device is great, it comes with some big disadvantages as well.

Reactions: SnowItch
#13 ·
LG G2

send yes
receive yes

Sony Experia Z

Send yes
Receive Yes

Also, as for iphone, the Infiniti trainer in my area has a iPhone 5 and he is able to send and receive with his phone. If I remember correctly, there is a setting that needs to be changed but it needs to changed in 2 different menus of the phone. Not just the obvious one.

#16 ·
try following
1) on your iphone, go to setting, bluetooth, My-CAR, click on i in little circle and turn on show notification.
2) go to settings, messages and make sure send/read/receive are on

#23 ·
I posted what I knew on early post, I remember the the guy(during last Month Q50 live survey) did some setting change on my iphone 5s and since then all works fine.:)
Sorry if I can't be off much help but if I find out, i'll post it. Now I am curious:confused:

#26 ·
My Samsung Galaxy Note 3:

Send - Yes
Receive - Yes

Wife's iPhone 5

Send - No
Receive - Yes

Initially, I could not get my wife's iPhone 5 to receive texts. I tried deleting the bluetooth connection (from both the car-side and phone-side) and re-connecting. I still couldn't even receive SMS though. Then I tried the following method. Perhaps it will help someone else if they have a similar issue (can't receive SMS on iOS).

Apps --> Settings --> Phone/Mail --> Connect Device --> touch "wife's iPhone" --> Information --> Connection Method --> From Bluetooth Audio.

The connection method had been set to "from unit" by default for some reason, and no SMS functionality worked when it was configured thusly.

#28 ·
My daughters iphone 5 does not recieve or send texts. When you go into the texting in the settings it says that it is not setup to allow that feature. WTF is that? InTouch does absolutely nothing in my car but make it difficult to change stations and adjust the climate control (which i have to wait 10 seconds for it to load so I can turn on the heated steering wheel, which is set to auto, but still doesn't turn on when it is 40* out!!).

#31 ·
I did have to pair it a 2nd time, and the 2nd time I paired it, I received a prompt asking me if I wanted to to the texts.

I had to remove (unpair) on both the car and phone, and then do the bluetooth discovery a 2nd time.

#33 ·
How do you set up the iPhone?

#39 ·
Once the update comes out, the Iphone is supposed to work to receive and send text messages. This will only work if it is tethered into the usb port inside of the armrest though. Like equetefue said, it is not Nissan/Infiniti that creates this problem, it is apple allowing the Iphone not to work wirelessly.

#41 ·
Ok so where do the texts come in at then because I have all that stuff checked and haven't seen anything come through

#43 ·
Yep, now it works. It was like the car/system needed restarting or something.

#45 ·
HTC Arrive
send - yes
receive - yes
problems? - never

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.