Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've already read that there are a few bugs/kinks in the InTouch system... Not only 4 days old, and I'm starting to experience them and see them...

-The Volume control on the steering wheel takes forever to adjust the volume
-Using the File/Folder function on USB is terrible. Every car I owned was quicker and smoother. ad I could use
-USB function keeps crashing, freezing... playing the same song over and over

Anybody else having these problems or have input? I know there is a TSB out... I am bringing the car in for tint on Monday, and will hopefully have it fixed.

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
Did you get the latest software update at your dealer?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Car just rolled off the lot on Sunday night... I'll be bringing it in for tints and software update on Monday.

Past 4 or 5 cars I've owned, have allowed to plug in a USB stick or SD card, and the music loaded quickly and seemlessly. It was also very easy to access, change and browse...

Unless I am missing something, it seems digging through a 16gb USB drive, with 10+ folders, is rather cumbersome and awkward.

Does the software update change the Interface at all? or just fix the bugs?

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Interface is the same. Just bug fixes.
I don't know why it is difficult for you. It's very easy for me.
I just hit the Audio button (physical button), than touch the folder lists to list all the folders, than touch the folder name to list all the songs in there. Can't get any easier than that.
If I wants, I just press the "Talk" button and say "Play USB song"
Than I just say the title of the song and it play the song. It's pretty cool if you haven't try it.

Does the software update change the Interface at all? or just fix the bugs?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
maybe its because im not used to it.... i've always had a "wheel" to scroll through songs while driving, instead of having to tap the touch screen. Each folder on my USB stick has 100-500 songs.....

Is there a way the Navi Knob can be used to control the InTouch?

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Of course. Here is how you do it.
On the Navi Knob, press the middle "OK" button to bring up the "Audio List" on the Navigation screen.
Use the Nav Knob rotator and select "Audio List" and hit the "OK" button.
Then, select "Foler/File List"
Then, , select your music folder.
You should be able to use the Navi Knob rotator to scroll to the song you want fairly quickly.
Happy now :) Now, go get your Q50 update with the latest software. You will be more happier because the USB seem faster with the latest update.

maybe its because im not used to it.... i've always had a "wheel" to scroll through songs while driving, instead of having to tap the touch screen. Each folder on my USB stick has 100-500 songs.....

Is there a way the Navi Knob can be used to control the InTouch?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Of course. Here is how you do it.
On the Navi Knob, press the middle "OK" button to bring up the "Audio List" on the Navigation screen.
Use the Nav Knob rotator and select "Audio List" and hit the "OK" button.
Then, select "Foler/File List"
Then, , select your music folder.
You should be able to use the Navi Knob rotator to scroll to the song you want fairly quickly.
Happy now :) Now, go get your Q50 update with the latest software. You will be more happier because the USB seem faster with the latest update.
Sweet! I'm in bed now, will have to play tomorrow...

the other thing, I havent been able to sit in the car for a good hour or two to figure out everything.... whenever I switch car brands, I'm always angry for like a week until I figure everything out

BTW. It keeps asking me if I want to add Voice Data to the USB drive EVERYTIME I start the car... should i just say Yes? Is that for Voice Recognition?

·
Registered
302 Posts
The steering wheel volume control lag and USB issues were resolved in my car following the software update I received a couple days ago. I'm working on confirming other issues.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
had the software fix done today... as stated above, seems to fix all my issues... For first six days, everything would lock up... freeze... screens would go black/crash

AND the USB does seem to be more "fluid" and respond better

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.