Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I've been lurking and reading for a while. Picked up a Graphite Hybrid (non sport) with all the tech back in November and have been raving about the car to anyone who will listen. Sure, it's got its quirks but even after a couple months and 3500 miles, it still puts a smile on my face every time I drive it.

Very happy to report that I haven't had any of the DAS issues despite dealing with plenty of VERY cold weather here in New England. (Knock on wood!)

I ended up going with the Slate interior because I've always had dark/black interiors before and figured I'd try the lighter interior. I'm thinking I made a mistake because whoever at Infiniti decided to use a nearly white carpet in a car should be shot! Just about every other light interior car I've ever seen still uses black or dark carpet. What was Infiniti thinking??

Now, if Weathertech would get their act together and make some liners for the Q50 then I might be able to salvage the original carpets so I don't get nailed when the lease is up.

Compared to other's Q50 problems though, I guess I should consider myself lucky!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Hey all. I've been lurking and reading for a while. Picked up a Graphite Hybrid (non sport) with all the tech back in November and have been raving about the car to anyone who will listen. Sure, it's got its quirks but even after a couple months and 3500 miles, it still puts a smile on my face every time I drive it.

Very happy to report that I haven't had any of the DAS issues despite dealing with plenty of VERY cold weather here in New England. (Knock on wood!)

I ended up going with the Slate interior because I've always had dark/black interiors before and figured I'd try the lighter interior. I'm thinking I made a mistake because whoever at Infiniti decided to use a nearly white carpet in a car should be shot! Just about every other light interior car I've ever seen still uses black or dark carpet. What was Infiniti thinking??

Now, if Weathertech would get their act together and make some liners for the Q50 then I might be able to salvage the original carpets so I don't get nailed when the lease is up.

Compared to other's Q50 problems though, I guess I should consider myself lucky!
Buy a set of black Infiniti Q50 mats. That's what I did and it looks very nice - black mats against stone carpet. By the way the color is STONE, not Slate.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Yep, buy either the black mats or black all-season mats. I agree they should make the carpet black - they have in the convertible or coupe - can recall which. It looks better and holds up better.

FWIW, you probably won't get dinged on your lease return because of dirty mats. I've never heard of that happening to a client.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Stone! Right! Lol.

I already have the Stone (gray) winter Infiniti mats but the coverage is nothing like the Weathertech liners. My Stone carpets are already stained around the edges of the winter mats. That's my concern at turn in time. If they're already stained, what will they look like in three years?

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Actually, I didn't. I drove one with the dark interior but decided to go with the stone based on pictures. I didn't see it in person until I went to pick up the car and, at that point, I didn't want to kill the deal over the carpet.
Oooooooh. Don't know what to say about that. :eek:

I won't beat you up anymore since the lesson here was already learned. :(

·
Registered
478 Posts
If you take the Stone carpet mats out and just put the winter ones in, you should have no issues. This is why we try and push xzilon so much on light interior cars because it prevents the stain, and if there is a stain, it is under full coverage and will be fixed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.