Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so one issue i have found is that while the iphone and intouch are paired (BT), using siri is horrible. the q50 mic takes over and for whatever reason, siri just doesn't understand a word i say. out of the car siri works fine....
besides un-pairing, has anyone been able to work around this?

and no i don't sound like bawwy kwipky (big bang theory)

·
Registered
325 Posts
Havent heard this one yet.. most may not use Siri when driving? I actually never used her the 2 years I had the 4s lol.. ill ask around and see if anyone has any ideas..

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
I've had problems with Siri through Bluetooth on a variety of BT devices. Problems range from delays, to mis-heard commands to outright not hearing anything. I don't know if this is unique to the Q50.

I did hear from a customer who had InTouch freeze up while on a call and she couldn't get it to disconnect/hang up until she rebooted the system.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm using iOS 7. Just tried it. Works fine. I didn't try with 6.4 though.
i'm on 7 also, can you try texting using siri. 1 day it worked ok, then the other day i tried again and in touch mic became primary and was messing everything up

·
Registered
396 Posts
I asked Siri to read me new txt and reply in M and RX. It is def not as good, and often misunderstood what I said,but I figured out a few simple tricks MIGHT help a little:

1) press and hold Home bottom on iPhone and WAIT for the car system to pick up. Do not say anything until you hear the beep from the audio system (like after the car asks u to "say a command".).

2) speak directly into PHONE instead of the car's mic. Yes, that means you have to hold the phone toward your mouth, but somehow Siri reads much better than if u speak in a regular "voice command" way.

Not very ideal, but it worked for me many times. ... Haven't asked Siri to do anything else in the car for me so idk in other situation. But i suspect those tricks might still work. And for txt purpose, sure hope they will work out something so iphone users can REPLY (w/pre-sets) as androids! Now Q can only read the new incoming txt. ..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.