Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else having an issue where the iPod disconnects randomly? I have a new iPod classic and every once in a while the iPod disconnects. Sometimes if I switch the USB port it will reconnect and other times I have to actually play a new song on the iPod using the iPod's controls and then reconnect the iPod. I'm trying to figure out if something is up with my iPod or if this is just a bug. I noticed it happened a lot more when I first got the car, before my first software update.

·
Registered
59 Posts
not sure about iPod classic. I use my old iPod nano and haven't experienced any disconnection.

Have you tried another iPod? or a different cable? maybe a connectivity problem.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not sure about iPod classic. I use my old iPod nano and haven't experienced any disconnection.

Have you tried another iPod? or a different cable? maybe a connectivity problem.
I haven't experienced it with my iPhone, but I never use it. The classic has much better sound quality. I might try a different cable.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
I got the iPod classic with the Apple gift card, and had to learn how the thing worked. The forum members here were very patient with me and gave me great advice on its use. I've had not one problem with it, being able to select the album I want to play. If I turn off the car while it's playing, it picks right up at the same place when I start the car again. If I turn off the audio before I turn off the car, it will go back to "the beginning" of the list when I turn it on again. One thing that had me confused at the beginning was that once it is playing over the car's system, the iPod's controls were deactivated. Moral of the story: You CAN teach an old dog new tricks - it just takes longer for the dog to learn them.:D

It sounds like there's either a bug in the In Touch system, or with the iPod itself. Or, could the cable connecting the iPod to the car be the culprit? Just a thought.

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Have you tried resetting your iPod? I had this issue pop up with my iPhone and it wasn't in-touch, it was the iPhone.

Try a simple reset and see if that does it.

If not, go through the troubleshooting - bad cable? Bad outlet/plug? Bad iPod? Bad in-touch?

Give the reset a shot first. A lot easier than the rest :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.