Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else having problems with their iPod suddenly becoming disconnected? I'm trying to figure out if there is an issue with the iPod itself or communication with the iPod and InTouch. Sometimes just switching the USB fixes it and sometimes I have to unhook the iPod and select a new song to play before reconnecting it.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
I've been using the iPod in the car since late September, and have not had any problem with it. Either there's a bug in the InTouch system, in your iPod, or maybe a malfunction in the USB port. However, if the problem happens in both USB ports, I would rule that out as the problem.

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Did you try an iPod reset? May help since you have to change a song to get it to work.

Just a thought.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
This happens to me regularly, and with multiple devices, so I think it is something between InTouch and iOS. Given my many other issues, this isn't one I have been too concerned about.
Have your dealer check & update your software.

ITB13-036b: 2014 INFINITI Q50; INFINITI InTouch SOFTWARE UPDATE

One or more of the following is occurring on an Applied Vehicle:
• iPod music does not restart when reconnecting USB cable
• Cannot access "xL" listed SiriusXM stations
• "Sandbox has stopped unexpectedly" message appears
• Unavailable App icons appear in App Garage
• Left side scroll/slider function is not available while driving
• Steering wheel volume control is slow to adjust

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have the late seat software too it happens a lot when I'm driving. I thought it was just that my ipod cable was bad, so I switched it with another cable and the problem still was there.

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
I have noticed it too. I usually have to disconnect and reconnect the iPod and then all is fine. It's a small irritation.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Its just a glitch in the InTouch display itself or the wire to your ipod.

Havent had a problem, but spoke with a buddy of mine from Infiniti Dealership.

Sometimes you may have more than one device connected in the system (charging your friends phone).

No need to reset ipod for that.

2014 Lexus RX350 F Sport
2010 Infiniti FX35S (2nd Gen)
2010 Mercedes ML350
2007 Mazda CX-7 (Turbo Stage 2)

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Had this issue tonight. Had to reset my iphone. Didn't connect via USB or BT so I did an in-touch soft reset - no joy.

Reset my iPhone and it was fine after that.

The fact that both BT and USB weren't working pointed to the iPhone not in-touch.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Had this issue tonight. Had to reset my iphone. Didn't connect via USB or BT so I did an in-touch soft reset - no joy.

Reset my iPhone and it was fine after that.

The fact that both BT and USB weren't working pointed to the iPhone not in-touch.
I had the same problem with one of my after market stereos.
Once in a blue moon I had to power off my iphone and power it back on to get it to work with the stereo.
It's the only problem I've ever had with my iphone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.