Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see the offset on the factory alloys is 50mm, but a lot of the aftermarket stuff is 45mm. If I keep the width at 8.5" with the less offset would it be enough to cause any problems? Would the DAS be affected? Would spacers be needed? I have found very few wheels with the 50mm offset but it could open up choices if it isn't a big deal going with 45mm.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
I see the offset on the factory alloys is 50mm, but a lot of the aftermarket stuff is 45mm. If I keep the width at 8.5" with the less offset would it be enough to cause any problems? Would the DAS be affected? Would spacers be needed? I have found very few wheels with the 50mm offset but it could open up choices if it isn't a big deal going with 45mm.
We'll see how it goes on my end! Dont have money for the wheels I want yet but gonna lower the car soon! Gonna space out the wheels with 20-25mm spacers to get a more flush look! Only thing is I'll get alignment and das calibration too! Why not try it out? Slap on some spacers and see if any errors come up and if it does, just take the spacers out!

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
I just put 18 x 8 rims on my Q50S AWD with snow tires to match the original overall diameter of the stock 19" rims. The winter rims have an offset of 40 mm. I have no clearance issues whatsoever and the tires seem to fill out the wheel opening better.

Attachments

Reactions: gbert15

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We'll see how it goes on my end! Dont have money for the wheels I want yet but gonna lower the car soon! Gonna space out the wheels with 20-25mm spacers to get a more flush look! Only thing is I'll get alignment and das calibration too! Why not try it out? Slap on some spacers and see if any errors come up and if it does, just take the spacers out!
Dude, thats quite brave! I'm looking to do it just one time and be done!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.