Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DO you guys know how to do math? You are comparing a base car to a hybrid which has a bunch of things standard!! $8K difference go back to school .. IT is basic Math.. Build a Fully loaded AWD sport non hybrid price $52,650 then build the same car with hybrid $54,300 so the Difference is $1650 not $8000 or $4400.. Compare the same car with the same equipment..
Now build the car AWD premium model with all the packages and it is $50,000 for gas and $51,900 for hybrid so it is $$1,900 difference still not $8,000 or $4400..

Please keep in mind that the hybrid will have the navigation standard and the the leather standard which is $2400 in packages so if you build a hybrid RWD premium (cheapest Hybrid ) it will be $43,700 but will have the leather and nav standard that is $2600 in options on the RWD gas which with the same packages is $41,900 which is a $1800 difference to go Hybrid in the SAME CAR with SAME options!! You cant be comparing a base Q50 to a hybrid becasue the hybrid will have most the packages standard so The difference is under $2000 which to me is worth it..

If gas cost $3.50 a gallon and non hybrid gets 20 MPG and hybrid gets 30 MPG and if you drive $15K miles a year then you will save $875 a year and $2625 on a 3 year lease so the hybid will pay for itself in just over 2 years!!! And thats if gas is $3.50 and you drive 15K a year and if gas goes up to $4.00 a gallon then it is exactly $1000 a year you would save if you drive 15K miles so it would take you right under 2 years to pay for the hybrid and that is just the gas savings.. Take into account that the hybrid is a beast and it is TOTALLY WORTH IT!!

WHere is a link to a fuel saving calculator
Save Money

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
DO you guys know how to do math? You are comparing a base car to a hybrid which has a bunch of things standard!! $8K difference go back to school .. IT is basic Math.. Build a Fully loaded AWD sport non hybrid price $52,650 then build the same car with hybrid $54,300 so the Difference is $1650 not $8000 or $4400.. Compare the same car with the same equipment..
Now build the car AWD premium model with all the packages and it is $50,000 for gas and $51,900 for hybrid so it is $$1,900 difference still not $8,000 or $4400..

Please keep in mind that the hybrid will have the navigation standard and the the leather standard which is $2400 in packages so if you build a hybrid RWD premium (cheapest Hybrid ) it will be $43,700 but will have the leather and nav standard that is $2600 in options on the RWD gas which with the same packages is $41,900 which is a $1800 difference to go Hybrid in the SAME CAR with SAME options!! You cant be comparing a base Q50 to a hybrid becasue the hybrid will have most the packages standard so The difference is under $2000 which to me is worth it..

If gas cost $3.50 a gallon and non hybrid gets 20 MPG and hybrid gets 30 MPG and if you drive $15K miles a year then you will save $875 a year and $2625 on a 3 year lease so the hybid will pay for itself in just over 2 years!!! And thats if gas is $3.50 and you drive 15K a year and if gas goes up to $4.00 a gallon then it is exactly $1000 a year you would save if you drive 15K miles so it would take you right under 2 years to pay for the hybrid and that is just the gas savings.. Take into account that the hybrid is a beast and it is TOTALLY WORTH IT!!

WHere is a link to a fuel saving calculator
Save Money
I agree for sure... The price difference is def worth it... Can't wait to unleash the beast :eek:

·
Registered
3,052 Posts

Check again: The navigation item is NOT standard on the hybrid; it is an option as part of a package. Yes, leather is standard on the hybrid. However, the price difference between the Premium and the Premium hybrid is $4,400, equipped the same way. Go to the "build it" site to compare. All that said, whether it is worth it is up to each individual. Financially alone, it may not be, but as has been said, there are other considerations. For me, with the mostly short trips I take, I would hardly ever use gas, and again, I would love to stick it to the oil companies and speculators. If I got the Q50, I would be keeping it a very long time, so that's another reason for getting it.

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
I think we're arguing over semantics here. There is no such thing as a base model hybrid. In order to get a hybrid, you must have either the Premium or Sport trip package. So, in order to do a fair comparison, you must compare a Q50 3.7 with the premium or sport trim package to a hybrid with the same trim package. Unfortunately, neither of these includes navigation. It is part of yet another option.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
From what I heard in my training was that on the hybrid is will only come one way , Fully loaded.. ON the website you can add that 1 package which is 3 separate packages on the non hybrid.
I was told the nav is standard on the hybrid but on the website it is part of the package.. Infiniti is giving the dealers different information every time we ask..

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Weird, cuz if u go the infiniti websit to configure u would be given 2 packages bundled to add! The Navigation Package and the Deluxe Technology Package! Wish they wouldnt bundle it cuz I dont need the Deluxe Tech Package at all!

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,204 Posts
Strange. Need to do some digging to figure out if navigation is standard on the hybrid.

If what StonedCL is saying is true - the hybrid might be the better buy.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Check what I posted to the other "Is the hybrid worth it" thread. That's your answer.

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Check what I posted to the other "Is the hybrid worth it" thread. That's your answer.
And the answer is, it is worth it. At least I think it is, when factoring all the things that come with the Q50 Hybrid model.

I like that Infiniti made the Q50 made the Hybrid model more exclusive and premium, gives people more reasons to get it other than the fact that it's a hybrid and might save them money.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
I don't know where you live, but here in CA, gas is well over $4/gallon. The hybrid option is going to pay for itself in under 3 years for sure. Probably more like 2.5, even at 12k/year.

And you can get an AWD Hybrid sedan. Anyone know of other real-life hybrid awd vehicles that aren't crossovers/suvs?

Reactions: gbert15 and GtoQ

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
I don't know where you live, but here in CA, gas is well over $4/gallon. The hybrid option is going to pay for itself in under 3 years for sure. Probably more like 2.5, even at 12k/year.

And you can get an AWD Hybrid sedan. Anyone know of other real-life hybrid awd vehicles that aren't crossovers/suvs?
Agreed! I am opting for that option as well but am currently being held back by the Deluxe Tech Package being bundled with the Navigation Package!! Its a $5000 package i certainly can do without! :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts