Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone knows if Infinity is offering additional road and hazard extended tire warranty?. Over the past two days I have been fighting with BMW over bubbles I found in one of my 535i RFT with just 9K, after searching the BMW Forum site (Bimmerfest) I am finding that this is an issues that is generic with the RFT, if you hit a hole on the road any hard, the RFT's (mine are just 18") are prone to develop a bulge ("bubble") on the exterior side wall. BMW was using at least until 2012 Good Year Eagle LS2, these tires are backordered until Dec, so I was facing the ugly possibility of not having a replacement tire for my car, unfortunately I did not buy extra tire insurance, BMW wanted $430 for the one tire (if they had in stock), fortunately, Goodyear came through and explained to my delight that their tires carry full replacement warranty for the first year and thereafter they prorate based on the level of use, and they changed the front two tires as part of this warranty, all I had to pay was the price differential between the two tires (Dunlops being more expensive) today the two front tires with Dunlops since they could not find anywhere in the country the original LS2s. in summary, lesson learned for me, buy warranty if available
After extensive comparison and test driving the Q50, A4, Lexus IS 250 and the BMW 328i.... I decided the pull the trigger on the Q50, with 17", spare tire and ...if they offer extra warranty ...I'll buy in a heart beat...unless the Q50's tire manufacturer warrants their tires for road hazard too.

My humble advice is that you think very carefully about your choice of tire, and the need of additional coverage if available from your dealership/infinity.
Esteban

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Does anyone knows if Infinity is offering additional road and hazard extended tire warranty?. Over the past two days I have been fighting with BMW over bubbles I found in one of my 535i RFT with just 9K, after searching the BMW Forum site (Bimmerfest) I am finding that this is an issues that is generic with the RFT, if you hit a hole on the road any hard, the RFT's (mine are just 18") are prone to develop a bulge ("bubble") on the exterior side wall. BMW was using at least until 2012 Good Year Eagle LS2, these tires are backordered until Dec, so I was facing the ugly possibility of not having a replacement tire for my car, unfortunately I did not buy extra tire insurance, BMW wanted $430 for the one tire (if they had in stock), fortunately, Goodyear came through and explained to my delight that their tires carry full replacement warranty for the first year and thereafter they prorate based on the level of use, and they changed the front two tires as part of this warranty, all I had to pay was the price differential between the two tires (Dunlops being more expensive) today the two front tires with Dunlops since they could not find anywhere in the country the original LS2s. in summary, lesson learned for me, buy warranty if available
After extensive comparison and test driving the Q50, A4, Lexus IS 250 and the BMW 328i.... I decided the pull the trigger on the Q50, with 17", spare tire and ...if they offer extra warranty ...I'll buy in a heart beat...unless the Q50's tire manufacturer warrants their tires for road hazard too.

My humble advice is that you think very carefully about your choice of tire, and the need of additional coverage if available from your dealership/infinity.
Esteban
I wouldn't pay a dime to warranty these crappy tires, better just to put good non RFT's on the car. Cheaper and better.

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
I wouldn't pay a dime to warranty these crappy tires, better just to put good non RFT's on the car. Cheaper and better.
Just don't forget the spare tire package and maybe a can of Slime tire sealant. You lose some height in the trunk but it's worth the peace of mind, unless you call Infiniti when you get a flat.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
are you sure that you can put non RFTs on that rim (when I inquire the BMW gods on this topic, they were coy and not reassuring on their answers)?, or will you have to pay for new rims too?...make sure that you have a spare tire or a portable pump in case of emergency if you go non RFT

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
There's nothing special about the rim, you can put any tire of the correct size on it. I did get the spare and once I hit 10K miles the RFT's are coming off and Micheline AS3's are going on for the rest of the lease

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.