Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So let say you spent 2 hours with your sales rep about price and payments. You come to an agreement on $43k for the car.

Then you go to Finance and for some reason, he sneaks in a price of 46k. Is this the normal?

Hoping you won't notice because you are tried and ready to leave an hour ago?

My previous purchases, the amount agreed upon during negotiation doesn't change from one dept to another. The only time it would increase is if you buy the "add-ons".

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just bought mine today. I looked at the contract and it also looked to be 3K+ higher. I'm in NY. I believe it is because the owner incentive is a cash incentive... So your down payment should have been 3k higher than it actually was and it offsets.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just bought mine today. I looked at the contract and it also looked to be 3K+ higher. I'm in NY. I believe it is because the owner incentive is a cash incentive... So your down payment should have been 3k higher than it actually was and it offsets.
This is called bait and switch.

What they did was move some numbers around and end the end, you ended up paying more than you should have monthly.

Did they tell you what your monthly payment was going to be, before going to Finance?

My monthly payment increased by $100+.

·
Registered
396 Posts
That's a very good point. I noticed they have been adding on too! (Better be careuful this time! :( ) Sorry to hear that happened to you. I totally understand how it is after your long negotiation, you're tired and ASSUMED everything on paper would be exactly as you negotiated, and then you find some difference AFTER you go home. That's just dirty play! :(

Reactions: vbx

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Yup - dirty pool.

Maybe they are telling you that you are getting invoice price and charging the $3k over that and Pplying the Infiniti incentive to get you there.

Meanwhile, the $3k comes from Infiniti so they are making invoice plus $3k at that point.

It's so sad how things are done by unscrupulous people these days.

Reasonable would be invoice minus the incentive. Dealer makes invoice b/c they get that money from Infinti. Buyer gets smoking deal.

If you can't figure out your numbers on your own, take someone with you for heavens sake!!

They can only take advantage of you if you let them. . .

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Did you ask the finance manager why the difference? Did you walk out? What was the upshot of this?

Where in CA are you? If you want a dealer who is straightforward, feel free to make an appointment to come see me.

·
Registered
32 Posts
So let say you spent 2 hours with your sales rep about price and payments. You come to an agreement on $43k for the car.

Then you go to Finance and for some reason, he sneaks in a price of 46k. Is this the normal?

Hoping you won't notice because you are tried and ready to leave an hour ago?

My previous purchases, the amount agreed upon during negotiation doesn't change from one dept to another. The only time it would increase is if you buy the "add-ons".
Is this a lease? If so, I think it is normal, because the price all the dealers were quoting me were with the $3250 deducted already. However, when they do the print outs, the $3250 is always used to deduct from the drive offs, cap reduction etc.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is this a lease? If so, I think it is normal, because the price all the dealers were quoting me were with the $3250 deducted already. However, when they do the print outs, the $3250 is always used to deduct from the drive offs, cap reduction etc.
There was no 3250 deductions. There was a 2080 deduction which was a trade in credit.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Couldn't the increase just be tax, title and license? That usually adds about 2500k - 3000k to the final price tag if you are rolling it in to your monthly payments.
Car is leased. And the agreed upon value of the car is that. The value of the car you "agreed to".

Taxes, fees, and other charges are added on a different line.

I have an appointment tomorrow and they will try to "explain how they pulled a fast one me".

Should I record it?

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Met with the finance guy the other day. After it was all said and done, they admitted that they charged me close to MSRP for the car. Even after the $2080 coupon applied, the final "adjusted" agreed to price was still 2K more than what was originally negotiated.

The finance guy will call me on Monday to see what he can do after speaking to Corporate.

·
Registered
432 Posts
To be honest there's probably nothing you can do now. You signed the papers. If you didn't go over the things you signed then they got away with it.

·
Registered
585 Posts
they got away with it.
Basically comes down to how badly the dealer wants vbx as a return customer. I agree with chris2k5 - if they had any intention of changing the deal they wouldn't be "asking corporate". "Asking corporate" is just a ruse to allow the dealer to pass the buck to corporate.

Dealer: "We really wanted to help you, but corporate has tied out hands".

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah, he said there was nothing he could do now since he "booked it" or something to that effect.

I already knew when I went in that there was nothing they will do willingly since I already signed the contract. I just wanted an explanation because they were claiming I was getting the same deal "over the phone". The numbers are just "moved around"....

The sales guy kept saying he or they made "no money on this deal". lol right.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Yeah, he said there was nothing he could do now since he "booked it" or something to that effect.

I already knew when I went in that there was nothing they will do willingly since I already signed the contract. I just wanted an explanation because they were claiming I was getting the same deal "over the phone". The numbers are just "moved around"....

The sales guy kept saying he or they made "no money on this deal". lol right.
Care to name and shame the dealer?

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
That's pathetic for the dealership to do and a warning to everyone about making sure that you understand your numbers or take someone along that can help you.

I hate to see stuff like this happen.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Where did this happen? Shame on you for not reading the pricing details, but shame on them if they really did pull a fast one on you.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.