Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 195 Posts

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is sitting at my dealership and I was planning on getting tomorrow but now I'm having my doubts since my dealership told me tonight that they still don't have sales/lease programs and they still haven't gotten the software update. Anyone else get any new information???? I want my car!

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
And I want to know where that East Coast ship that is supposably hanging out somewhere in the Atlantic is?

I think I will have to call Infiniti and make sure that there are NO sales until the East Coast dealerships have their cars!:eek:

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
And I want to know where that East Coast ship that is supposably hanging out somewhere in the Atlantic is?

I think I will have to call Infiniti and make sure that there are NO sales until the East Coast dealerships have their cars!:eek:
They are being trucked or via train across the US not through the Atlantic. Might be why!

Reactions: Mrkalu

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
They are being trucked or via train across the US not through the Atlantic. Might be why!
My sales rep still tells me that that is not the case and that at least for them theirs will be coming into Ft Lauderdale and then move by train up the rest of the East Coast.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
The cars can't be sold until the hold is gone...the hold is the initial software update for the 3rd. Lease deals will not be announced until the software update rolls out on the 3rd...cars can be sold at that point...there's another software update on the 7th which will allow you to download the additional in touch apps directly from your phone. Cars can be sold before that update.

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The cars can't be sold until the hold is gone...the hold is the initial software update for the 3rd. Lease deals will not be announced until the software update rolls out on the 3rd...cars can be sold at that point...there's another software update on the 7th which will allow you to download the additional in touch apps directly from your phone. Cars can be sold before that update.
How do you know this? My dealer didn't hear any info today. Will they really just show up to work tomorrow and have emails from Infiniti telling them what to do? It also doesn't seem smart to sell the cars and then tell people they need to come back 4 days later for the 2nd software update. It would seem more logical that they will just make us wait longer.

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
Counterpoint, Ben, is that the 4th of July is a big car sales day and it kicks off the 3rd quarter. It does seem like Infiniti got caught off guard here but their new president probably pushed people way ahead of schedule to get us to this point.

Crash data isn't available for these yet and as of yesterday Geico couldn't quote me for the Q50. Not to mention nobody has reviewed it yet. A lot of dealers don't have a slot for this model on their web pages. Infiniti hasn't released the Intouch phone app either, which is kinda critical for the phone functions and remote unlock.

Early days friends.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Counterpoint, Ben, is that the 4th of July is a big car sales day and it kicks off the 3rd quarter. It does seem like Infiniti got caught off guard here but their new president probably pushed people way ahead of schedule to get us to this point.

Crash data isn't available for these yet and as of yesterday Geico couldn't quote me for the Q50. Not to mention nobody has reviewed it yet. A lot of dealers don't have a slot for this model on their web pages. Infiniti hasn't released the Intouch phone app either, which is kinda critical for the phone functions and remote unlock.

Early days friends.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
So what's your gut tell you Afrosheen, tomorrow or not?

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
What makes you say the 8th??
There are limited Infiniti Techs trained to update & prep the Q50 and there are way too many So Calif dealers so the resources are stretched thin because five of so. calif dealers I know have at least 15 plus Q50s on their lots as of Jun 30th and all have to prep/updated/tested before any one except Infiniti employee can drive, including dealer's sales people.:)

I would hate to get possession of a brand new model car till I have driven it my self.

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
I am starting to seriously doubt the date of the 3rd. Although that may be partially for the same reason as Carolina; no one on the East Cost has them yet and I want mine. The remainder of my reasons are the same as what has been shared by others: no insurance figures, no reviews, no app in the Apple store plus another software update pending. I just don't think Infiniti is ready to launch this car yet.

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am starting to seriously doubt the date of the 3rd. Although that may be partially for the same reason as Carolina; no one on the East Cost has them yet and I want mine. The remainder of my reasons are the same as what has been shared by others: no insurance figures, no reviews, no app in the Apple store plus another software update pending. I just don't think Infiniti is ready to launch this car yet.
It's really pissing me off that I got called 5 days ago to tell me my car is available only to not know when I can purchase it while it just sits there on the lot taunting me.

·
Registered
150 Posts
It's really pissing me off that I got called 5 days ago to tell me my car is available only to not know when I can purchase it while it just sits there on the lot taunting me.
We've waiting for months. Give it till next week. Enjoy the 4th of July week with your family most likely it's the most they'll see you once you have hands on your new car :D as far as the date I thought July 3rd was a speculation all along ? :eek:

·
Registered
396 Posts
We've waiting for months. Give it till next week. Enjoy the 4th of July week with your family most likely it's the most they'll see you once you have hands on your new car :D :eek:
Well said, Mrkalu! :D

(And of course easier said then done, ;) :) )

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
I have to agree. Ben u need to chill out. U will have a car before any of us. Enjoy the wait. How long does it take for a bride to come down the aisle? It will be worth the wait and the rest of us are all envious of the quick deal u got.

1 - 20 of 195 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.