Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to figure out what CarPlay unit I want to get. I was told to hit up this guy on facebook and he sells them. Then he sends me to his website. It all just seems sketchy to me. When looking up CarPlay stuff all you see is UNAVi etc. also there’s not much about this kit on here. Can someone tell me if smart auto kits legit?www.smartautokits.com

·
Registered
2017 Q50 Sport AWD 3.0t
4 Posts
I've seen a few different threads that mention the smartauto kit on here. Sounds like people really like them. It's on my list of upgrades to buy, far down on the list, but it's on the list nonetheless.

Edit: I searched the forum for "smartauto" (1 word) and got more relevant results than I did when searching for "smart auto" (2 words). That may help ya.

·
Registered
157 Posts
The seller of SAKs is very reputable and completely trustworthy. His website is bare bones but he does all this sh!t on his own so I wouldnt knock him on that. I havent pulled the plug on whether I want the SmartAutoKit or MK3 yet but the SAK sounds more reliable and I wouldnt regret if I ended up with it versus the MK3. He also sells DRL sequential mirror turn signals and DRL sequential bumper turn signals which I've bought off him. All in all its been nothing but good business. So I'd say go for it.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
I've seen a few different threads that mention the smartauto kit on here. Sounds like people really like them. It's on my list of upgrades to buy, far down on the list, but it's on the list nonetheless.

Edit: I searched the forum for "smartauto" (1 word) and got more relevant results than I did when searching for "smart auto" (2 words). That may help ya.
Good advice. The OP would be best served to search the number of past threads on those options.

·
Registered
16' Q50 AWD Silver Sport
43 Posts
I'm in between getting this and the rhino radio, as the rhino looks unique and isn't just an add on module. But if you get it give an update so I may know your experience.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
I'm in between getting this and the rhino radio, as the rhino looks unique and isn't just an add on module. But if you get it give an update so I may know your experience.
I went through 3 MK2 Tesla style screens. Would not do it again unless there was an obnoxious sale like half off since it costs twice as much.

·
Registered
16' Q50 AWD Silver Sport
43 Posts
I went through 3 MK2 Tesla style screens. Would not do it again unless there was an obnoxious sale like half off since it costs twice as much.
IDK how much the SAK tablet is since it's out of stock but the module is 450. The rhino is 200 more and replaces both screens.

But if you really had issues with them, then I might just stay away. I really want the rhino as it refreshes the interior a bit since it's a bit outdated.

·
Registered
385 Posts
My SmartAutoKits tablet version just arrived this afternoon. Adding it to the pile of "to-do projects".

IDK how much the SAK tablet is since it's out of stock but the module is 450. The rhino is 200 more and replaces both screens.
Regularly $595 but currently $569.99, just like it says on their website when you click on the item.

Reactions: Nukespeq50

·
Registered
3,382 Posts

But if you really had issues with them, then I might just stay away. I really want the rhino as it refreshes the interior a bit since it's a bit outdated.
I was completely in your camp. Forget the middle screens I want a giant 10.9" screen in my dash to look updated.....unless you spend $1k and go MK3 be prepared to be disappointed, including screen brightness and random bugs. The MK3's have their own bugs as well but are supposed to be much nicer. Hands down the SMA kit has been more reliable and better integrated with the factory. YMMV.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What is the rhino radio. I’ve never heard of it? Does most of the default functions still work?

·
Registered
16' Q50 AWD Silver Sport
43 Posts
What is the rhino radio. I’ve never heard of it? Does most of the default functions still work?

That's the link. It's not made by them, they're just the vendors.

But as Ddnspider said, that is the mkII which comes with issues and the tip of the line mkIII is around 1k with less issues.

It says it retains most factory settings if not all but not so sure about that.

·
Registered
16' Q50 AWD Silver Sport
43 Posts
On another note, my 2016 bluetooth lags behind and when I took it for service and they gave me a newer 2021 loaner, it didn't lag at all. I'm talking about both movies and music.

So my question is, will the SAK or any other add on module fix the audio lag?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
On another note, my 2016 bluetooth lags behind and when I took it for service and they gave me a newer 2021 loaner, it didn't lag at all. I'm talking about both movies and music.

So my question is, will the SAK or any other add on module fix the audio lag?
That’s a great question. Because mine lags behind on Bluetooth as well. I find it funny because when you use the hands free phone. Like talking with someone on the phone through Bluetooth on the car it doesn’t lag behind at all. Doesn’t make much since to me. Lol

·
Registered
16' Q50 AWD Silver Sport
43 Posts
That’s a great question. Because mine lags behind on Bluetooth as well. I find it funny because when you use the hands free phone. Like talking with someone on the phone through Bluetooth on the car it doesn’t lag behind at all. Doesn’t make much since to me. Lol
Yup, I always found it curious that the lag magically disappeared during a call somehow.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Mine has never lagged, but that said, the SMA kit does allow you to use bluetooth with it directly through the AUX instead of the factory bluetooth audio.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
I’m confused? Use Bluetooth through the aux?
The aux input plays audio from the SMA kit. It's how you use Apple Carplay or Android Auto. You can sync the bluetooth to the SMA kit and use it audio instead of the factory setup. Or just use carplay/AA like it's meant to be used for.

·
Registered
16' Q50 AWD Silver Sport
43 Posts
View attachment 99144
See what I mean about some still having bugs on the Tesla stuff?
That seems like an easy fix, just flip the car over and you should be good to go 🤣🤣. But in all seriousness that screen is sexy, just wished it was reliable, especially for the price.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts