Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm not into any of those Tesla screens, seems the change is too vulgar and it will leave the original OEM Dual Screens unused, such a waste.

·
Registered
7 Posts
1. Seems the Joyeauto Carplay Kit works great for 2015+ Models. If your car is a 2014 , you need to change the Upper Screen first.

2. If your car came with the 360 View Cameras, you shouldn't change the Original Dual Screen to any aftermarket Tesla Screen, it won't be smooth, I saw posts that people experiencing some glitches with it. The Tesla screen always come up with new models though, they might have fixed the issues by now.

Catching up after a year away from the forums. For 2016 Q50s and up:

1. Are there ANY Android Auto/Apple Carplay units that work flawlessly? I know the Phoenix Tesla-style MK3 is buggy (even though the screen is modern and pretty).

2. If you have a Q50 that has the Around View 360 degree camera, does the camera system still work with the aftermarket unit?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Tried installing an aftermarket carplay on my 2014 Q50S. Mine has no Navigation , but comes with the 360 Around View Parking Cameras and BOSE Premium Sound System, so the back of the Upper Screen is looking like this:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Bro the Tesla screens can F--- off! I have been through it with my Q50 and my Denali, what a disappointment. I never see SAK have any available units. I hate chasing unicorns!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Does anyone with Android Auto / Carplay Module have experience with unstable Sound Quality when you connect your android phone through Wire ? Sometimes, when you play the music, it has some buzzing and hissing. But on some lucky days, the sound is clear . Anything to do with the cable ??

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Bro the Tesla screens can F--- off! I have been through it with my Q50 and my Denali, what a disappointment. I never see SAK have any available units. I hate chasing unicorns!
You need to contact Taimoor Rab from the A/V facebook group. He can get them.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts