Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get a Q50 soon, and my dealership is offering a "Special" on the prepaid maintenance plan throughout a 39mo lease for $1678. I would like the convenience of having a loaner car, but the price seems high.

Did anyone else get this plan, and would you recommend it?

PREPAID MAINTENANCE SPECIAL
FOR LEASES
Elite Schedule 1
39 months/45,000 miles

Covers oil changes, filters, tire rotations and more
(Check with F&I department for details on coverage)

SPECIAL $1678 (save 20% vs. paying as you go)

Offer expires 12/30/2013

https://owners.infinitiusa.com/content/service_agreement/FW0411FLINC_Infiniti_Elite.pdf

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Honestly, I don't think so--not anymore. For the G37's maintenance cycle, it was ok, but now the Q50 is on a longer, 6-month maintenance cycle I believe, which means that you're paying around $40 a month for an interval at 6 months--translating into an average of $240 per maintenance visit.

Now, what you get in return of course is being able to get a loaner car but other than that, would YOU spend $240 every 6 months for maintenance? I'm sure you can get your oil changed and tires rotated elsewhere for less than half the price.

What you pay for is convenience---it's up to you but I might try to skip it.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
The new Q50 now has a different maintenance plan.

And i got the 60k miles/72 month plan for less than the special price listed by the OP

Whether it is worth it or not is for you alone to decide, and the price you pay for it ;)

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
I would like the convenience of having a loaner car, but the price seems high.
You won't get a loaner for an oil change. They only give loaners if you are scheduled for more than one hour of service. Oil changes you have to wait.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Not at Sewell Houston. They come to my office/home to pick up the car and drop off a loaner. Do the oil change or whatever scheduled maintenance. Wash the car and vacuum the interior. Come back and drop off my car and pick up the loaner.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
You won't get a loaner for an oil change. They only give loaners if you are scheduled for more than one hour of service. Oil changes you have to wait.
That's never been the case with me.

As long as you call ahead and get an appointment scheduled, if you have the plan, they're obligated to ask you if you want a loaner car no matter what the service is for. This is the way it's been explained to me anyway. Again, who knows if different dealers have slightly different agreements

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
My dealer offers loaner even for oil change which includes full checkup of the car. Cost $50.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Here's my take on this.

It is worth it if you are going to do all the regularly scheduled maintenance anyway. If you paid individually for those services, you'd save about 25-30% by having the plan. It is also nice to know you don't have any additional expenses (other than gas) for your car for the life of the loan.

One side benefit people don't notice: There's no tax charged on a maintenance plan. You do pay taxes on some of the individual services/parts used if you pay as you go for maintenance.

If it were me, and I had the cash, I'd probably pay the whole maintenance plan up front rather than rolling it into the financing/lease. And it never hurts to ask, the finance manager might be able to do a little better than that price if you ask nicely.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm confused as to what is actually different between this special maintenance plan and the one that comes regularly with the Q50. Often times I think that the extra warranties that places try to sell you on top of the regular ones are just cash grabs. I'm always hesitant.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
This is maintenance (oil changes, etc.). Warranty covers repairs. I'm not clear on what's confusing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.