Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I've been reading all the posts and reviews and it seems like every problem is related to the Hybrid/Deluxe Touring and Technology packages. I'm close to buying a Q50s with out the packages and was wondering if anyone has had a problems with this model?
You should be good to go...the only issues that you may see will be the InTouch system...

·
Registered
147 Posts
Personally, I would get the the tech package and I have had no problems since the original pre software update for the das.

When I drive a non tech/tour now, it's just not the same. I use many of the features, but turn them off all the time as well. Also, can you still get the nav? I think the dual screen design is awesome and works well, but when you don't have the nav, the top screen is wasted.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
"Perfect"?? Huh?

I dunno, you really need to go and test drive the car yourself with and without the Deluxe Touring package to make absolutely sure you won't have a use for them. There are a lot of things in the DT package that people with the Q50's without it have been complaining about not having.

Ye what that guy said! :cool:

If your really unsure beyond a simple test drive, you can probably get a dealer to lend you a car for a day so you have more time to try it out.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I think "perfect" is going to be a subjective/relative term, too. I find the RWD perfect...because my other vehicle is a 4x4 so I don't need the Q in snow. Others may have a different view.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I'm close to buying a Q50s with out the packages and was wondering if anyone has had a problem with this model?
Forgot to answer your post.
I haven't really seen any issue's on the forum with that config aside from the InTouch complaints.

I have the Hybrid version of what your looking at (sans Deluxe Technology Package).

No issue's to report.

Should be even more reliable with the 3.7L since it's a proven drive train.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I had a Q50s with DAS and Tech. I had problems with with both. The car I traded in had a 5/13 build date. I got rid of it for the same car without both packages with a 10/14 build date. The screen has no delay what so ever. I don't miss the tech package but have to admit I really miss the DAS.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have a moonlight white q50s gasser with onavigation and spare tire, over 7000 miles and my only problem is the volume froze once. I do wish I had some of the features of the deluxe package but I was not sold on DAS

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: 2xG37s lease guy

·
Registered
308 Posts
Stupid question but what is DAS? -__-
Das awesome steering.;)

Direct Adaptive Steering. I liked it but it didn't like cold weather. I believe they have it sorted out now or will have.

It is nice when it doesn't fail.
The problems they are having are voltage related and the sequence of component start up. Please flame me if I am wrong.:cool:

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have a Q50s with only the Nav package, nonhybrid, and RWD and almost perfect except for the Intouch software acting up once in a blue moon.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've got a S AWD with navigation, appearance package and spare (no tech package or deluxe touring package) and have not had any issues other than lack of in touch apps. Not one rattle or buzz either! The only thing I will do is swap out the run flat tires for regular ones but that is just a matter of preference.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So with the exception of the intouch issues the q50s rwd with out touring and tech seems pretty flawless. It's also the closest thing to my 2011 g37s rwd. What I can't believe is here in so cal my local dealers have a combined 60 Q50 sport models and only three don't have the deluxe touring package
I've also been watching inventory for a couple months and none of the sport models have moved. Not sure if San Diego is selling very many q's, I drive all day and have only seen three since the launch

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have q50s awd with spare tire package along with the illuminated kick plates and mud flaps as options without the tech, touring packages. Ive had the car for about 4 months now and zero problems so far even in the brutal northeast weather. I love its impeccable handling capabilities and its at-will ferocious accelaration!

·
Registered
444 Posts
I have the Q50s Gasser AWD with:

Navigation
spare tire
illuminated kick plates
mud guards
Locking Wheel nuts (free on all q50s now)
It appears I have a cold weather package....(heated steering)

It is absolutely amazing. I don't wish I had anything else other than blind spot warning.
The apps loading time doesn't bother me at all. The run flats are....well...run flats...

I wouldn't change a thing...Its fantastic.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I have a Q50S with everything except AWD/Hybrid. 5500 miles and no issues. I imagine a version with even less features would be reliable. There is always a chance of getting a problematic vehicle, whether it's a Hyundai Accent or a Q50. Many (most?) owners here have not experienced any serious issues with their Q50's. If you like the car, get it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.