Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Hi all
I'm looking at a Q50 Premium with Deluxe and Nav + window tint for an MSRP of $47155. The dealership is giving me $3180 off that. Good or do you think I can do better? Thanks.
Very good, but still try to work them down lower. Act like you're on the fence and see if you can get another $500 off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Got my Premium Q50 for $43K out the door (including tax). Got mine with the 19inch sport tires as well. Act like youre gonna go to another dealer and try to get a better deal. All of these dealers are in direct competition with each other and each one desperately wants your business. For the price you mentioned, youre looking at around $50K out the door. Thats too much.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Q50 Hybrid Sport Sedan Sticker Price $57,830
Deluxe Technology Package, Navigation Package, Appearance Package w/Deluxe Touring Package, Cargo Package.

They are offering me with VPP pricing part D for $53,093.00
I told them i was not ready to buy maybe next month they gave me estimate. good deal?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Q50 Hybrid Sport Sedan Sticker Price $57,830
Deluxe Technology Package, Navigation Package, Appearance Package w/Deluxe Touring Package, Cargo Package.

They are offering me with VPP pricing part D for $53,093.00
I told them i was not ready to buy maybe next month they gave me estimate. good deal?
I doubt they will give you much more off.
Your getting almost $5,000 off.
I think at some point it probably really grinds what profit they have left.
VPP is giving you invoice pricing.

See if they include the dealer cash for buying.
Maybe you can get another 1K off with that.

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Sometimes I get great chuckles from the advice on here.

Yeah, go spend your time grinding them for another hundred or two. It's definitely worth it. They don't mind. They'll still be so excited to give you the very best service ever even though you didn't believe that VPP was a great deal. You're buying/leasing the car for what the dealer pays for it. And VPP means they have to apply all incentives you are entitled to. But as it says in my sig, all dealers are lying scum so I'm sure there's something hidden in there. You're only buying a $53K car - it isn't like you're rich and can afford a Porsche or something. EVERY LAST PENNY MATTERS. /sarcasm

bull, Take the deal. Make sure you're dealing with a dealership and a salesperson who know the car and focus on customer service. If not, find another one nearby that will/does. You live in SoCal - there are dozens of good dealerships down there (and probably a few iffy ones). If your salesperson can't explain all the tech in the car, then find one who can. If you read enough posts on this forum, you'll see that having a salesperson and dealership who understand the car and will help you out now, and in the future, is more important than another $200 off the price. If you're leasing, make sure they understand and can apply MSD's (read the thread on the subject).

Yes, I realize that a careful reading of andrew's post does not imply grinding and expecting another $1K off. But a casual read implies that there's another $1K in the deal - there isn't, unless the incentive applies - and in VPP the dealer is required to disclose and apply all applicable incentives.

Oh, and bull - if they have the car you want, in the color you want and with the features you want - I'd seriously consider getting it now rather than waiting. We have awesome inventory right now, but it isn't going to get better next month.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Yes, I realize that a careful reading of andrew's post does not imply grinding and expecting another $1K off. But a casual read implies that there's another $1K in the deal - there isn't, unless the incentive applies - and in VPP the dealer is required to disclose and apply all applicable incentives.
Oh ye, it might be priced in ye?

I vaguely remember when I looked at my VPP pricing for buying it was Invoice + 1K off already wrapped in.

My bad there.

This is VPP buying on base Hybird.

MSRP$43,950VPP Price$40,699†
VPP Discount$0Bonus Cash$1,000

$4,251

·
Registered
34 Posts
I got my Q50S RWD with Nav, Deluxe pkg and a spare tire for $42,300 the MSRP was over 47k, not exactly sure how much it was but over 47k. Also the dealer said that if I lease the vehicle I would get a better price.

Just keep pushing them and hopefully you'll get a better price.

Good luck.

Reactions: andrew

·
Registered
13 Posts
Its funny seeing your ruplies because when I am closing a deal this is exactly what I see clients doing...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Q50S AWD touring and nav MSRP 50,405, got $6,374 off the MSRP net price $44,031 before dealer prep fees/reg & plates/State tax.

$130 dealer prep fees and $375 plates and reg
Dealer prep = fluff!

Refuse to pay, what will the do? give you a dirty car? I THINK NOT!

What state are you in?

·
Registered
478 Posts
I think it is funny that people will complain on here about a dealership penny pinching, but half of the people on here do it. If you find a good dealership that knows their stuff like Sinecure said, and the deal looks good, take it. The extra money you spend will pay off down the road because your sales consultant will help you in any way that they can, as well as be able to answer any questions about the vehicle. Sometimes I'll see people spend another hour trying to get five more dollars off, but don't realize all they are doing is making the dealership mad. If you want a smooth transaction, be strait up with the dealership, and if they aren't strait up back, leave.

Reactions: cvipgo
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.