Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I test drove a new Q50, I noticed that the volume control on the steering wheel was very slow to respond and I have to click it over and over to raise the volume. It would not increase just from me holding the button down.

Does anyone know if this is an issue that will be corrected with the required update?

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Thank you for pointing that out! Ill try that out later, well...if I remember at least hehe, when I test drive my Q50!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Test drove again today. It's a non issue. It is a little slow to respond but if you hold it down it works.
No offense please, but I don't know if these "little" things are non-issues as I think that because you like the car and want it, you're willing to overlook things now but might ultimately drive you crazy.

I really like the car, but one thing that worries me is the amount of S/W and electrical functions in the car. The more there are the more than can go wrong. It's like having a top of the line smart phone and it's laggy. That drives me insane and I couldn't deal with that, especially in a $50K car.

I still have yet to drive it but we'll see in time when they hit the streets.

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
No offense please, but I don't know if these "little" things are non-issues as I think that because you like the car and want it, you're willing to overlook things now but might ultimately drive you crazy.
You know there's a volume knob too right? That's why I say this is a non-issue. Also, Intouch hasn't been updated on these demo cars yet because the update hasn't been released.

I really like the car, but one thing that worries me is the amount of S/W and electrical functions in the car. The more there are the more than can go wrong. It's like having a top of the line smart phone and it's laggy. That drives me insane and I couldn't deal with that, especially in a $50K car.

Yeah, alot of us are partial to it and therefore willing to overlook little things because honestly, no car is perfect. Every car is a series of calculated compromises. Here's the funny thing about software though: it can be improved. This car IS very software-heavy, and like you say, since it's smartphone-ish, it can grow and expand over time as well as be refined, all with a little OTA update or an update via an android or iphone. You can add apps to it. "Apps, who cares" you may think, but this may include cool tools like dataloggers. There's already an app for G forces and other performance numbers that change in realtime.

If you want to ding the Q50 for a slow volume bar, look at the Cadillac CUE system where everything is 2 seconds behind you. And Lexus using a mouse... Don't get me started on iDrive either.

I think you may change your mind when someone hands you the keys (or not, keyless ignition) and you get to drive around a little. Plus, Infiniti is well known in the business for having excellent software in every model. I expect this will remain true on their volume model, but it may take time.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
How are you guys driving them.. My manager will not let any of us drive them yet.. :mad:
Yea that sucks man. I've test driven at 2 separate dealerships in DFW today, neither with any restrictions. I guess some dealers have taken it upon themselves to satisfy their customers' desires. Bright side: we're only about a wk away from launch day where you can test drive as much as you want.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: afrosheen

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Doesn't sound like he's communicating with Infiniti then. All the dealerships in Ca have been allowing test drives for the last 10 days.
Well Infiniti is being strict with letting the dealers drive them.. They where going to send out the representatives to check the cars before the 5th so according to Infiniti the dealers SHOULD NOT be driving them. This is insurance issue.. Say you go on a test drive with a car with deluxe package and the car steers itself into a tree then the dealer is in big trouble because they let the car go on test drives before the software was ready.. No one really knows what the software issue really consists of, most people flames me months ago when I told them the G37 was going to continue being built and now people are posting this information. I have a lot of information about the car and where/ what Infiniti will be doing but can not post it on a public forum...

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
Well Infiniti is being strict with letting the dealers drive them.. They where going to send out the representatives to check the cars before the 5th so according to Infiniti the dealers SHOULD NOT be driving them. This is insurance issue.. Say you go on a test drive with a car with deluxe package and the car steers itself into a tree then the dealer is in big trouble because they let the car go on test drives before the software was ready.. No one really knows what the software issue really consists of, most people flames me months ago when I told them the G37 was going to continue being built and now people are posting this information. I have a lot of information about the car and where/ what Infiniti will be doing but can not post it on a public forum...
Please tell us. We won't tell anyone what you said.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Please tell us. We won't tell anyone what you said.
I will tell you one thing.. A lot of things posted here is false information.. Infiniti is very tight lipped on what they will be doing in the future BUT they are going to distance themselves from Nissan more then ever now. There will be a lot of great things comming from Infiniti in the next 5 years and I am excited to see them.. They are going to totally revamp the EX37 (QX50) to become a real competitor of the RX350. They are also going to come out with a Q80 which will compete with the A8, S Class and 7 series.. thats is a few years down the line though ..

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
I will tell you one thing.. A lot of things posted here is false information.. Infiniti is very tight lipped on what they will be doing in the future BUT they are going to distance themselves from Nissan more then ever now. There will be a lot of great things comming from Infiniti in the next 5 years and I am excited to see them.. They are going to totally revamp the EX37 (QX50) to become a real competitor of the RX350. They are also going to come out with a Q80 which will compete with the A8, S Class and 7 series.. thats is a few years down the line though ..
Somebody about to get fired. :p

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
Nah I did not get into the good stuff.. I believe that infiniti is going to really blow up in the next few years.. they will be comming out with some amazing cars and trucks... I for one can not wait..
I am excited, and can't wait to find out what will be happening with Infiniti!:D

·
Premium Member
1,692 Posts
I read somewhere that they were so serious about separating Infiniti that they're building a wall between the Infiniti and Nissan designers.

There's an area where each group would pass each other and get to see each other's work. They suspected that, at least subliminally, Nissan design was influencing Infiniti's. The wall will help prevent this from happening.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Interested to see what this Q80 will be like. Can't wait until this materializes.

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Another person who "knows" stuff. If infiniti is being strict how is it that every single ca dealership is doing test drives? Why were dealers here not allowing them up until about 10 days ago? Why did my manager tell me that she was personally told by infiniti that they could start doing test drives? Was she lying?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.