Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got used to the intelligent cruise control, lane assist, etc., when I was on my trip. But today, I decided to see if the car would actually stop itself. I approached a stop sign with a couple of cars in front of me, and I was going around 35mph. Nervously, I kept my foot above the brake pedal, just in case. The car started to slow down by braking, but I thought it wasn't going to stop. I almost stepped on the brake, when the car more forcefully braked by itself, stopping a few feet behind the car in front. I don't think I'll do that again, though.:eek: Word of caution: after stopping, it will roll forward slowly if you don't keep your foot on the brake.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Yeah it usually beeps to let you know when its going to release the brake so you know to put your foot on the brake. I use it a lot in traffic here in NY. I've gotten really used to it and actually rely on it a little now in traffic. I still hover the brake with my foot, but I've learned to trust it once it shows the little picture of the car on the VID screen. It's a pretty nice feature to have on a long trip as well. Glad to see that you gathered up the courage to test it. Took me a while to trust it myself :)

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
That's one of the gripe I have with the Q50 techs. It's not a true stop and go Intelligent Cruise Control. You still have to press the brake when the car stop completely :mad:
Overall, the ICC work great in slow moving traffic and it's awesome at cruising speed. It's was scary at first, but now it's like a walk in the park for me :)

Word of caution: after stopping, it will roll forward slowly if you don't keep your foot on the brake.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I got used to the intelligent cruise control, lane assist, etc., when I was on my trip. But today, I decided to see if the car would actually stop itself. I approached a stop sign with a couple of cars in front of me, and I was going around 35mph. Nervously, I kept my foot above the brake pedal, just in case. The car started to slow down by braking, but I thought it wasn't going to stop. I almost stepped on the brake, when the car more forcefully braked by itself, stopping a few feet behind the car in front. I don't think I'll do that again, though.:eek: Word of caution: after stopping, it will roll forward slowly if you don't keep your foot on the brake.
I know, that feature is amazing. Just check your front display for that little car icon, which represents that the sensors are monitoring the distance between your car and the one ahead of you. I think Google's driverless cars are going to really blow people's minds when they eventually get released.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Word of caution: after stopping, it will roll forward slowly if you don't keep your foot on the brake.
This is by design, evidently. I asked the sales guy and he said it's designed to stop you, but you are expected to put your foot on the brake within a few seconds, otherwise it lets go and you will go forward.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
I know, that feature is amazing. Just check your front display for that little car icon, which represents that the sensors are monitoring the distance between your car and the one ahead of you. I think Google's driverless cars are going to really blow people's minds when they eventually get released.
ouch- prius the driver less car....:rolleyes:
This is by design, evidently. I asked the sales guy and he said it's designed to stop you, but you are expected to put your foot on the brake within a few seconds, otherwise it lets go and you will go forward.
The ICC works great, have been using on the FX since 2005, even on LA freeways:D

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ouch- prius the driver less car....:rolleyes:

The ICC works great, have been using on the FX since 2005, even on LA freeways:D
The braking and collision detection here is not part of the ICC - it's independent of it. You don't need to have the ICC activated.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Out of all of the reported issues on the Q50, luckily the ACC, Forward Braking, and Collision detection have been flawless it seems.
Yes,
The braking and collision detection here is not part of the ICC - it's independent of it. You don't need to have the ICC activated.
true, I never said that... ICC is part of Collision detection system-Did I?:confused:

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes,

true, I never said that... ICC is part of Collision detection system-Did I?:confused:
Since you were responding to a non-related subject, it was implied, and I didn't want someone who wasn't familiar with that feature, or who hasn't gotten their car yet, to infer an inaccuracy from your implication.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.