Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have had my Q50 since August and have had it into the shop for at least 3 software upgrades and my iTouch still has myriad problems. It is slow, slow, slow. No guidance lines for the backup camera for 60 seconds, iPod interface works off and on, iPhone phonebook works off and on, stations come and go when the car is turned off etc. I recently called Infiniti to find out when the oft promised applications would be released. They told me there is no plan any time soon. This car should never have been released with this mess of a system. This will likely be my 4th and last Infiniti as they have shown no sense of urgency or inclination to fix this problem. I could not recommend this car to anyone who wants the type of audio and electronics package offered by other cars in this price range.

Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
I have had my Q50 since August and have had it into the shop for at least 3 software upgrades and my iTouch still has myriad problems. It is slow, slow, slow. No guidance lines for the backup camera for 60 seconds, iPod interface works off and on, iPhone phonebook works off and on, stations come and go when the car is turned off etc. I recently called Infiniti to find out when the oft promised applications would be released. They told me there is no plan any time soon. This car should never have been released with this mess of a system. This will likely be my last Infiniti as they have shown no sense of urgency or inclination to fix this problem.

Any ideas?
Post photos of q50 and it's InTouch not itouch.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Sounds like the inTouch module needs to be swapped out. No other details? It's kind of a vague post.

Reactions: CarolinaQ50

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I have had my Q50 since August and have had it into the shop for at least 3 software upgrades and my iTouch still has myriad problems. It is slow, slow, slow. No guidance lines for the backup camera for 60 seconds, iPod interface works off and on, iPhone phonebook works off and on, stations come and go when the car is turned off etc. I recently called Infiniti to find out when the oft promised applications would be released. They told me there is no plan any time soon. This car should never have been released with this mess of a system. This will likely be my 4th and last Infiniti as they have shown no sense of urgency or inclination to fix this problem. I could not recommend this car to anyone who wants the type of audio and electronics package offered by other cars in this price range.

Any ideas?
Idea: please sell your car. You'll be doing yourself, and us, a favor.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Idea: please sell your car. You'll be doing yourself, and us, a favor.
LOL, has it come to that? I guess you already know how crappy the service is right? We already know what to expect from Infiniti.

Which is NOTHING. So yeah, get rid of your Q50!

AC don't work? Get rid of your Q50.
DAS acting up? Move to a warmer state.
Windshield wiper sucks? Buy a new car.
Intouch lagging? Sell the car!

LOL, thanks. You see that Infiniti? Your customers have very low expectation in terms of customer service and satisfaction.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Yesterday, after not being on the computer for a few hours, I tried to awaken it from its sleep mode. The blue light showed it was on, but it wouldn't come out of its "sleep." I had to reboot it. That's the 2nd time it's happened in the nearly two years I've had the thing. So, I'd like to know if I should go to HP's Facebook page and post "buy back my computer." :rolleyes::D

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Yesterday, after not being on the computer for a few hours, I tried to awaken it from its sleep mode. The blue light showed it was on, but it wouldn't come out of its "sleep." I had to reboot it. That's the 2nd time it's happened in the nearly two years I've had the thing. So, I'd like to know if I should go to HP's Facebook page and post "buy back my computer." :rolleyes::D
I didn't know Infiniti made the software for your laptop?

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
I didn't know Infiniti made the software for your laptop?
What laptop? I don't own one. Gee, I thought you'd guess that, since I don't use a cell phone except in an emergency, don't have a tablet, don't tweet, Facebook, My Space, LinkedIn, etc.(and didn't get the iPod until I was forced to, when I got the Q50).:D

·
Registered
216 Posts
It amazes me the extent to which people who have spent good money on these vehicles are apologists for the many problems it has, or just have low expectations or high tolerance for things that simply don't work properly. Perhaps they just have better luck than some of the rest of us; for those who have followed my travails here, it is clear that when it comes to this car I have considerably worse luck.

To be clear, I bought this vehicle because I liked it and thought it represented the best package of qualities I was looking for in a new car. I had many options and could've gotten any car I wanted. I did not buy it because I was looking for a new hobby as a product tester for Infiniti, or because I don't have enough to do and wanted to spend time online complaining about it to strangers.

The negative and dismissive responses toward people coming here with the very real issues that exist with this car confound me. If you're not having problems, good for you and consider yourself fortunate. I'm having so many problems with my Q50 I've just about lost track. And it is unfortunate, because when I drive it on those increasingly rare instances when nothing weird (all the various glitches with InTouch, etc) or dangerous (ie, abrupt, automatic braking on the highway or steering that just decides to go left or right and fight me on the highway) is happening, I really love the car.

For what it is worth, other than the issue with the backup lines, I've experienced just about everything the OP described and continue to to varying degrees even running the latest firmware. The system is unstable and promised functionality has not been delivered (and that InTouch functionality was a significant factor in my selecting this vehicle over competitors). However, given the driveability issues I've experienced with the car, those concerns take a back seat.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
It amazes me the extent to which people who have spent good money on these vehicles are apologists for the many problems it has, or just have low expectations or high tolerance for things that simply don't work properly. Perhaps they just have better luck than some of the rest of us; for those who have followed my travails here, it is clear that when it comes to this car I have considerably worse luck.

To be clear, I bought this vehicle because I liked it and thought it represented the best package of qualities I was looking for in a new car. I had many options and could've gotten any car I wanted. I did not buy it because I was looking for a new hobby as a product tester for Infiniti, or because I don't have enough to do and wanted to spend time online complaining about it to strangers.

The negative and dismissive responses toward people coming here with the very real issues that exist with this car confound me. If you're not having problems, good for you and consider yourself fortunate. I'm having so many problems with my Q50 I've just about lost track. And it is unfortunate, because when I drive it on those increasingly rare instances when nothing weird (all the various glitches with InTouch, etc) or dangerous (ie, abrupt, automatic braking on the highway or steering that just decides to go left or right and fight me on the highway) is happening, I really love the car.

For what it is worth, other than the issue with the backup lines, I've experienced just about everything the OP described and continue to to varying degrees even running the latest firmware. The system is unstable and promised functionality has not been delivered (and that InTouch functionality was a significant factor in my selecting this vehicle over competitors). However, given the driveability issues I've experienced with the car, those concerns take a back seat.
My comment was not intended to demean you or your problems. It's been obvious that you have had way more problems than others. Those who have been on this forum for the past half year(and more) know who my target was, and why.

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
My comment was not intended to demean you or your problems. It's been obvious that you have had way more problems than others. Those who have been on this forum for the past half year(and more) know who my target was, and why.
the one in the middle;.0:p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.