Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I took formal possession of the 2019 Dynamic Sunstone Red Fully Loaded Q50 RS today. Took her straight to my Paint Protection & Window Tinting guy and had the cars front end fully protected. Getting a set of Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ installed next week to rid myself of the run-flats. Ordered Maxpider front floor mats and I'll be installing a Blackvue DR750S dashcam in the weeks ahead. I also order 9H screen protectors for the upper and lower screens.

This was an Infiniti Executive Fleet car that I had shipped in from the West coast. 811 miles, driven for 2 months and in MINT condition. The XM is giving a "XM Antenna Malfunction" warning and XM radio won't work. Took it in to Infiniti this morning and they believe it is the Telematics Control Unit as there test antenna did not function either. It should be in tomorrow and I have a 10am appointment to get it replaced.

I registered the Intouch and, have to say, I'm loving the Free Concierge Services. I call, they download NAV info and we go:) Once the Intouch was registered, the SOS feature started working immediately.

What an awesome car and I am excited for my wife as this will be her daily driver. Wherever we have driven we get a ton of comments on how that Dynamic Sunstone Red paint just POPS right at you:D

·
Registered
658 Posts
Outstanding car. Enjoy it and have fun. Post some pictures.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will post some pics here shortly once all of the work is done and I can get her washed.

·
Registered
52 Posts
nice!

So, I took formal possession of the 2019 Dynamic Sunstone Red Fully Loaded Q50 RS today. Took her straight to my Paint Protection & Window Tinting guy and had the cars front end fully protected. Getting a set of Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ installed next week to rid myself of the run-flats. Ordered Maxpider front floor mats and I'll be installing a Blackvue DR750S dashcam in the weeks ahead. I also order 9H screen protectors for the upper and lower screens.

This was an Infiniti Executive Fleet car that I had shipped in from the West coast. 811 miles, driven for 2 months and in MINT condition. The XM is giving a "XM Antenna Malfunction" warning and XM radio won't work. Took it in to Infiniti this morning and they believe it is the Telematics Control Unit as there test antenna did not function either. It should be in tomorrow and I have a 10am appointment to get it replaced.

I registered the Intouch and, have to say, I'm loving the Free Concierge Services. I call, they download NAV info and we go:) Once the Intouch was registered, the SOS feature started working immediately.

What an awesome car and I am excited for my wife as this will be her daily driver. Wherever we have driven we get a ton of comments on how that Dynamic Sunstone Red paint just POPS right at you:D
That sounds amazing. Post some pictures! Cheers.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Here are a few pics my friends. Tinting and PPF wrapping is completed. Next week, a set of Michelin's go on her:D

I am also going to get a set of plugs for the front license plate frame, paint them and install since we don't require front plates here in FL. My next project.

Attachments

·
Registered
658 Posts
Absolutely outstanding. Red looks absolutely awesome...friggin beautiful

·
Premium Member
1,383 Posts
It is gorgeous.

The tire change is probably for the better.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
That and change the plate holder!😳😉
Beautiful car!

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Gorgeous car. Enjoy it.
Did you get to try the "INFINITI InTouch Services" app?
My car came with a year of free access. Allows you to start/lock/unlock the car and also send directions from google maps.
The remote start function is awesome.
You can download it from the app store.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It is gorgeous.

The tire change is probably for the better.
Thanks and the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ are going on this Friday:D

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That and change the plate holder!😳😉
Beautiful car!
Thanks and I did remove the plate holder over the weekend;) My permanent tag will be here in about 2 weeks. I HATE advertising for a car dealer and always remove any stickers and frames they place on the car. Also getting front license plate plugs color matched to the car since I removed the front plate holder to finish the look.

Now thinking about a carbon fiber grill overlay as was suggested by another forum member. I found this one but want to hear from those that have one and where they bought it from if they're happy.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JPK7YCP/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1R0Z81XGGMCW7&psc=1

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
I'm not a real fan of cosmetic surgery, but the CF front would really finish the CF look! 😎
Glad you got rid of the plate frames. I have a Stillen and Fast Intentions ones if interested. PM me mailing info and I'll mail you one if you want. I have Viet Nam Vet plate holders so don't use the freebies I have.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
6,087 Posts
I'm not a real fan of cosmetic surgery, but the CF front would really finish the CF look! 😎
Glad you got rid of the plate frames. I have a Stillen and Fast Intentions ones if interested. PM me mailing info and I'll mail you one if you want. I have Viet Nam Vet plate holders so don't use the freebies I have.
I'd be interested in the FI plate holders as I still have the dealer holders and the cheap chrome is already starting to delaminate. I'm in OR so I am required to have 2 license plates. Could you spare both?

·
Registered
601 Posts

Congrats, looks awesome! I think screen protectors for the infotainment screens are a total waste. ;) You might be better served taking a hammer to them and replacing it with an aftermarket unit. The infotainment system is the Achilles heel of this car especially in 2019. I have to say the stock NAV saved me this past weekend when I had no cell service. Stock NAV beat Waze this time.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
@blazn420...I totally agree that the Infotainment system could be better than it is in 2019 but there are also FAR worse. We just came out of a 2019 Acura RDX Advance that has a new state of the art infotainment system that now has two class action law suits against it...HORRIBLE! I find the Q50 infotainment easy to use and the navigation to work extremely well. CarPlay would be nice and shame on Infiniti for not having it in anything greater than a 2017 vehicle but it is what it is. I like the screen protectors for the fingerprint factor alone and not for protection. I installed one on my 12" screen in my 2019 RAM Crew Cab Limited and it virtually eliminates all of the finger prints...AWESOME and well worth the $15.

·
Registered
601 Posts
@blazn420...I totally agree that the Infotainment system could be better than it is in 2019 but there are also FAR worse. We just came out of a 2019 Acura RDX Advance that has a new state of the art infotainment system that now has two class action law suits against it...HORRIBLE! I find the Q50 infotainment easy to use and the navigation to work extremely well. CarPlay would be nice and shame on Infiniti for not having it in anything greater than a 2017 vehicle but it is what it is. I like the screen protectors for the fingerprint factor alone and not for protection. I installed one on my 12" screen in my 2019 RAM Crew Cab Limited and it virtually eliminates all of the finger prints...AWESOME and well worth the $15.

Cool, I was just making a dig at the infotainment more than anything.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
I'd be interested in the FI plate holders as I still have the dealer holders and the cheap chrome is already starting to delaminate. I'm in OR so I am required to have 2 license plates. Could you spare both?
See email 😉😁😎

Edit to add.. while looking in my trunk for the plate frames (I'm in a parking lot of NHES) and found a 20 round P-Mag .. luckily empty, as I'm going from here to MA .. whew. Oh, wait a minute that's considered a high capacity magazine. oops. Guess I go home 1st.
MA is a PITA!
Oh screw it.. not driving home to sanitize my car b4 crossing the border. Back in the trunk. (Note: home is 40 miles out of my way.)

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
***UPDATE***

So two things happened today. As I previously stated, I was not able to get XM radio and was getting a "Check XM Antenna" warning. Took it into the dealer last Saturday and he thought it may be a bad Telematics Communications Module since the XM antenna connects to that module and not the radio itself and their reference antenna also did not function so they knew it wasn't a bad antenna. They replaced the TCM and still no luck with XM. After troubleshooting with Infiniti, they found that PIN 172 coming off the radio harness feeding the TCM was missing its 5VDC reference signal which the XM antenna requires to operate. My Infiniti dear contacted Clarion (who manufacturers the radios in the Q) and Clarion overnighted a new radio unit. All is great with the world again as the wife loves her XM radio:)

On the way home, I stopped into my tire shop that I ordered the Michelin's from and had the Pilot Sport A/S 3+ Y-rated tires installed. They are going to sell my new run flats for me and give me half...if they ever sell:D

My front and rear color-keyed mudguards also came in along with my screen protectors so that's my weekend project if the hurricane doesn't get me first;)

Next is to install my BlackVue DR750S dual camera dash-cam...just not enough hours in the day my friends!

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Next is dash cams. Nobody installs near by. Closest shop is 1.25 hrs away. I tend to not do well with trim n snap parts. Goal is to get a front n rear cam with external battery. Then mirror tap and blend mount a new radar detector. I was waiting on the V1 upgrade, but nothing yet. Uggg. I have 2 with current upgrades. Maybe do the cams n wait a little longer for V1 to make an announcement?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts