Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running a jb4 in a non rs sport model. I am currently running map 2 (+5 peak) with no issues. The Burger preset map looks like the following through the rpm range:
4, 4, 4, 4.5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 4.5, 4, 3.5.

I am wondering if I should change this to soften the ramp up and also cut boost down more at the end to extend turbo life. Would the following be more beneficial or would it not matter on a non rs model as the boost is already lower to begin with:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 3, 2, 0

I figure Burger would have set the preset map 2 like this if it were better so not sure if I should just use the preset map.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,570 Posts

·
Registered
St. Louis, MO
378 Posts
Just leave the car in ECO and the turbos will last forever! Kidding aside...you are not over-stressing the turbos at any RPM with map 2 on a non-RS model. My understanding of the cars with turbo problems that it happens on non-tuned cars as well as tuned cars.

Regarding your statement that " Burger would have set the preset map 2 like this if it were better... " is not true because in this case they have the same maps setup for RS and Non RS cars. Map 2 might very well be spinning the turbos beyond their acceptable efficiency on an RS model. In that case I suppose there is a failsafe with the spin sensors (RS models only), but I have not heard anyone discuss exactly where they cutoff the boost so you should not over-boost and rely on them to keep you in a safe range.

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
6,929 Posts
That article is excellent and exactly what I used to come up with my Map 6 +PSI, per RPM. But, unless I missed it, it doesn't provide the stock PSI, per RPM, for a non-RS. I selfishly didn't care because I have an RS. But I wonder how a non-RS owner can know what +PSI to add per RPM to get a good 18 PSI map.

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
13,643 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
6,929 Posts
I'm not looking for peak, I am looking for 'per RPM'.

Font Material property Parallel Pattern Number

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Non RS - 9.5 PSI
RS - 14.7 PSI

If you believe the press kits.
Regardless of advertised its going to vary per car based on DA and temp.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
13,643 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts