Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would adding a beefier heat exchanger be a good/recommended supporting mod when adding a JB4? I was thinking it may reduce the chance of knock by reducing combustion temps, and also allow you to run more boost. Bear in mind I've got a SS so I have some more freedom with adding boost compared to the RS folks :) However I'm not sure if this line of thinking is true. I know adding a WMI kit is another way, the main way in fact, to reduce combustion temps and allow for more boost I'm just looking for a less involved solution.

·
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
7,323 Posts
Would adding a beefier heat exchanger be a good/recommended supporting mod when adding a JB4? I was thinking it may reduce the chance of knock by reducing combustion temps, and also allow you to run more boost. Bear in mind I've got a SS so I have some more freedom with adding boost compared to the RS folks :) However I'm not sure if this line of thinking is true. I know adding a WMI kit is another way, the main way in fact, to reduce combustion temps and allow for more boost I'm just looking for a less involved solution.
A larger aftermarket intercooler heat exchanger will certainly help prevent heat soak of your CAC system but it won't reduce combustion temperatures or allow you to run more boost. WMI is your best method for reducing combustion temperatures.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts