Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 80 Posts

· Premium Member
452 Posts
A few weeks ago a few were talking about ordering their EWG wires for JB4. Anyone have them installed? What is the verdict? I finally got around to hooking up my fuel wires last night and now looking to the next thing (the wires were built into my JB4 already, I just hadn't hooked them up).
Yep I have them installed, definitely worth the $80 price tag.

· Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
7,915 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Taking my car to the dealership tomorrow for warranty related issue and can't freaking remove the EWG cables implies not able to remove JB4.

They are extremely hard to remove and very narrow placement :/

· Administrator
Newport, Oregon
18,363 Posts
I released the large cable bundle above the passenger side connector location to give my hands a little more room to access the connector tab plus long needle nose pliers.

· Registered
20 Posts
I finally removed them using long pliers and long screwdriver but damn it took more than an hour and tons of struggles, to the point that now I don't want to mount them back after the dealership visit.

· Registered
2014 Q50 Sport Deluxe technology pkg takeda stage 2 intake /also stillen Gen 2 long tube intake-
1,077 Posts
Who is Advendis?

· Administrator
Newport, Oregon
18,363 Posts

· Registered
2014 Q50 Sport Deluxe technology pkg takeda stage 2 intake /also stillen Gen 2 long tube intake-
1,077 Posts
Hahahahaha,,forgive me,,I know ,,

· Registered
2019, Infiniti q50 Signature Edition - JB4 w/ Bluetooth
46 Posts
Quick question regarding the ewg wires. Once I install my jb4 and the ewg wires, if I run a preset map let’s say map 2 or 3, are there any settings I have to set for the Ewg?

· Registered
46 Posts
I have no clue how you guys managed to install these. I finally installed the Jb4, but no luck removing the EWG wires

· Administrator
Newport, Oregon
18,363 Posts
I have no clue how you guys managed to install these. I finally installed the Jb4, but no luck removing the EWG wires
Why are you removing the EWG wires?

· Registered
St. Louis, MO
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
It's a chore for sure! I recall I used a screw drive to depress the tab but was tough to navigate the tight space, especially on the passenger side.

· Registered
46 Posts
It's a chore for sure! I recall I used a screw drive to depress the tab but was tough to navigate the tight space, especially on the passenger side.
I Tried a needle nose, but i cannot fit anything more than just my hand in there. My hands I dont think aren't crazy massive either so Idk. right now im just running it without the ewg wire kit, I'm looking forward to throw some logs up here for you pros to look at

· Administrator
Newport, Oregon
18,363 Posts
Sorry for the lack of clarity. I'm trying to disconnect the existing wires from the EWG to plug in the ones from the JB4
It's been a while since I installed the EWG harness so I don't recall what exactly I did to release the connector but it was a bitch to reach.

· Registered
49 Posts
I get to the passenger plug facing the car from the bumper. I turn my hand with the palm facing the engine and slide it between the strut tower and the "floppy" rubber hose that goes to the valve cover. I push the hose up and get underneath it. With my hand at this rotation, I can get my thumb on the release button and grab the plug with the thumb and 2 fingers. While the passenger plug looked the hardest to access, it actually came off easier on my car. Attached is a picture of my hand buried in there and grabbing the plug. It's not a great pic however.
The driver's side looks easy... you can see the whole plug. However, mine was stuck pretty good. When you get your thumb on the release button, it is hard to get much grip on the rest of the plug. You might use an L-shaped piece of metal to help lift/pry up the plug while pulling with your right hand. Or possibly, you could take out part of the filter to make some room to get a better angle from the front side.
Good luck!

Attachments

· Registered
46 Posts
I get to the passenger plug facing the car from the bumper. I turn my hand with the palm facing the engine and slide it between the strut tower and the "floppy" rubber hose that goes to the valve cover. I push the hose up and get underneath it. With my hand at this rotation, I can get my thumb on the release button and grab the plug with the thumb and 2 fingers. While the passenger plug looked the hardest to access, it actually came off easier on my car. Attached is a picture of my hand buried in there and grabbing the plug. It's not a great pic however.
The driver's side looks easy... you can see the whole plug. However, mine was stuck pretty good. When you get your thumb on the release button, it is hard to get much grip on the rest of the plug. You might use an L-shaped piece of metal to help lift/pry up the plug while pulling with your right hand. Or possibly, you could take out part of the filter to make some room to get a better angle from the front side.
Good luck!
I appreciate the tips. I surprisingly am able to somewhat get my whole hand around the passenger after a lot of wiggling, but it just didn't want to release at all. Now the driver side which is more exposed, still gave me a hard time to grab it properly. Conclusion, I wasn't able to get any of them to release. I will try again once the weather warms up.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts