Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 318 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been playing with the JB4 for a few months experimenting with the settings and keeping an eye on my logs. I want to move ahead with adding the fuel wires however wanted to get some feed back. Is it worth it? Install seems cut and dry. Anything specific I need to be aware of? -thanks

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Been playing with the JB4 for a few months experimenting with the settings and keeping an eye on my logs. I want to move ahead with adding the fuel wires however wanted to get some feed back. Is it worth it? Install seems cut and dry. Anything specific I need to be aware of? -thanks
It was pretty easy to install. Just make sure you get the pinout right on the DB25 connector and be sure to use posi-taps when connecting to the O2 wires. Tip for the passenger side, there is a large cable harness that is clipped in place and is directly in the way of getting your arm down in to connect to the wire. Undo the clip to release the harness and itll give you better access.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man. Will do. Did you notice anything different. HP gains etc. I believe it helps manage the AFR at higher rev ranges. Anything I should adjust in the JB4 app when completing the install?

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Thanks man. Will do. Did you notice anything different. HP gains etc. I believe it helps manage the AFR at higher rev ranges. Anything I should adjust in the JB4 app when completing the install?
you have to turn on a bit in the jb4 app to activate the fuel wires. It changes WOT fueling from stock which is pretty rich given that this is a direct injection motor, to something in the low to mid 12s. Check out N54tech for specifics. I believe they said it's good for about 10-15hp. I run the jb4 meth kit so already have added "fuel" so I don't need the richer AFR of stock. Either way it's not a bad mod, but if you're running less than 93 octane I wouldn't run it.

·
Registered
796 Posts
I have fuel wires, last week I did some Map 5 pulls with them disabled and enabled and uploaded, and the feedback I got from @Ddnspider and Terry at Burger were to leave them enabled as the logs were better when they were enabled. I definitely think it adds more power throughout the powerband as well. Worth the $30 IMO

·
Registered
13 Posts
I believe n54tech has a dyno showing gains in the midrange with fuel wires and it was a good bump

I use fuel wires, and I am on 91 octane.

it works even on map 0 LOL

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,990 Posts
I have fuel wires, last week I did some Map 5 pulls with them disabled and enabled and uploaded, and the feedback I got from @Ddnspider and Terry at Burger were to leave them enabled as the logs were better when they were enabled. I definitely think it adds more power throughout the powerband as well. Worth the $30 IMO
What fuel?

·
Registered
2,025 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
What fuel?
93oct when I posted my logs. Also have run E30 with fuel wires, when I got it dyno'd and put out 423whp 450tq on a custom Map 6 run

·
Registered
198 Posts
I just realized the pump across from my house has an individual pump for E20. Wonder how the car would respond to it.
Probably not well as it's most likely a mixture of the lowest octane gas available at that pump and e85. For example, if the pump carries 87 octane and e85 the pre-mixed e20 will most likely have an octane rating of 90.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Probably not well as it's most likely a mixture of the lowest octane gas available at that pump and e85. For example, if the pump carries 87 octane and e85 the pre-mixed e20 will most likely have an octane rating of 90.
Well that sucks...

·
Registered
796 Posts
You can achieve E20 by mixing good e85 with 91 or 93 using this calculator

E85 (Ethanol) Fuel Calculator

I haven't run an E blend in a while now, but when I did, I would test the fuel and pump accordingly

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
You can achieve E20 by mixing good e85 with 91 or 93 using this calculator

E85 (Ethanol) Fuel Calculator

I haven't run an E blend in a while now, but when I did, I would test the fuel and pump accordingly
Yeah....I was just hoping the E20 was a shortcut as I've never seen anyone mention it before.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,990 Posts
So, to all you fuel wire users: I've seen two opinions regarding their use on pump gas. If I'm just running 92-93 octane gas, are fuel wires worth the money? What's the consensus?

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
So, to all you fuel wire users: I've seen two opinions regarding their use on pump gas. If I'm just running 92-93 octane gas, are fuel wires worth the money? What's the consensus?
Aren't they like $30? I made my own so didn't look at the price. 10-15whp for $30 is pretty awesome. As long as you aren't running 91 or less I'd get them.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,990 Posts
Aren't they like $30? I made my own so didn't look at the price. 10-15whp for $30 is pretty awesome. As long as you aren't running 91 or less I'd get them.
Yes, the kit is $30.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,990 Posts
1 - 20 of 318 Posts