Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

321 - 340 of 346 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
9,743 Posts
The fuel wires didn't provide any additional power that I could detect. My AFR holds steady though. If you want a noticeable improvement, add the EWG wires. Boost response is immediate.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I think I'm going to leave the Fuel Wires off and just install the EWG wires. My AFR's hold steady unless I'm 100% WOT (which is almost never). I'm also running a 3.5psi map on 93 for my red sport, similar to Avedis53's map.

Reactions: mr. whistle

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
4,332 Posts
I think I'm going to leave the Fuel Wires off and just install the EWG wires. My AFR's hold steady unless I'm 100% WOT (which is almost never). I'm also running a 3.5psi map on 93 for my red sport, similar to Avedis53's map.
Why not go for both?

·
Registered
116 Posts
The entire JB4 does almost nothing unless you are WOT either - that is why you can add all that power but lose nothing in everyday fuel economy. The point is its there when you DO want it - if you have the fuel wires hook them up. They do provide some benefit and additional high RPM power. Sure its more subtle then the EWG control but Burger Tuning added them for a reason.

·
Registered
206 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Anyone know the part # for the passenger side stock cable where you plug in the fuel wire? I cannot get the darn thing to disconned so I can add the passenger side fuel wire. I'm afraid it I try any harder it's just going to break so want to get a new one in my hands just in case, and before I try it again.

·
Super Moderator
4,332 Posts
Anyone know the part # for the passenger side stock cable where you plug in the fuel wire? I cannot get the darn thing to disconned so I can add the passenger side fuel wire. I'm afraid it I try any harder it's just going to break so want to get a new one in my hands just in case, and before I try it again.
GMD, what are you asking for? The part number for the upstream PS O2 sensor? What is it that you are trying to disconnect?

Reactions: GuyManDude

·
Registered
215 Posts
The fuel wires use posi taps to tap into the white 02 sensor wires. No unplugging or disconnecting anything.

Reactions: ptatohed

·
Super Moderator
4,332 Posts
The fuel wires use posi taps to tap into the white 02 sensor wires. No unplugging or disconnecting anything.
Right. The only thing I can think of is he's trying to install the ebay fuel wire adapter/harness? I actually don't see them for sale right now but here's a pic. I used these adapters so I did not have to posi-tap my wire.

Ahh, from my own Post # 192, here is the link.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Right. The only thing I can think of is he's trying to install the ebay fuel wire adapter/harness? I actually don't see them for sale right now but here's a pic. I used these adapters so I did not have to posi-tap my wire.

Ahh, from my own Post # 192, here is the link.

View attachment 96363
Yes.
It's this connector and the cable it's attached to that I'd like to have on hand. It's passenger side and I'm trying to unplug it so I can add the FWs using the adapter rather than using the posi-tap. I've removed things in the way and had it far enough out that I was able to get plyers on both sides, made sure the lock-tab was depressed but it still won't come. I didn't use full strength because I thought it might break hence the want to get a spare on-hand before I attempt again.

Attachments

·
Registered
215 Posts
Yes.
It's this connector and the cable it's attached to that I'd like to have on hand. It's passenger side and I'm trying to unplug it so I can add the FWs using the adapter rather than using the posi-tap. I've removed things in the way and had it far enough out that I was able to get plyers on both sides, made sure the lock-tab was depressed but it still won't come. I didn't use full strength because I thought it might break hence the want to get a spare on-hand before I attempt again.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
9,743 Posts
A pair of thin, long, needle nose pliers is what I used to compress the connector tab and release the connector. Couldn't do it with my fingers. I disconnected the clip on the large, flexible wire conduit above the connector (second picture) so I could move it a little and give myself a bit of more room to access the connector. It won't move much but it helped me access the connector.

·
Registered
236 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,332 Posts
GMD, I really don't think you need to buy unnecessary parts just in case you break something. Several of us have installed these without breaking anything.

·
Registered
236 Posts
GMD, I really don't think you need to buy unnecessary parts just in case you break something. Several of us have installed these without breaking anything.
With the part being $200+ I won't be buying one for 'just in case'. Would like to get parts ID'd just in case tho. When I tried it before it was summer and super hot which makes working on a car completely miserable. I'll give it another shot now that it's cold (well, cool at least) outside.

·
Super Moderator
4,332 Posts
With the part being $200+ I won't be buying one for 'just in case'. Would like to get parts ID'd just in case tho. When I tried it before it was summer and super hot which makes working on a car completely miserable. I'll give it another shot now that it's cold (well, cool at least) outside.
Good luck. Plus, if you think disconnecting the O2 sensor is tough, imagine trying to replace that part that it connects to!

Where do you live? If you live anywhere near me, feel free to cruise over.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
9,743 Posts
Good luck. Plus, if you think disconnecting the O2 sensor is tough, imagine trying to replace that part that it connects to!

Where do you live? If you live anywhere near me, feel free to cruise over.
Are you going to show him how to procrastinate for a year and a half?

·
Super Moderator
4,332 Posts
Are you going to show him how to procrastinate for a year and a half?
Sounds like he already has himself for about 6 months. My kinda guy!

321 - 340 of 346 Posts