341 - 360 of 369 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
11,327 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Sounds like he already has himself for about 6 months. My kinda guy!
Well I did put the JB4 on pretty much right away. Just didn't do the FW's & the EWG's yet (but yes...I''ve had them for about 6 months....I'm still blaming summertime).

·
Registered
272 Posts
Good luck. Plus, if you think disconnecting the O2 sensor is tough, imagine trying to replace that part that it connects to!

Where do you live? If you live anywhere near me, feel free to cruise over.
I'm in AZ...close to CA but a bit too far for a Sunday drive. Thanks for the offer!

·
Registered
2017 Q50 Red Sport AWD
74 Posts
I will buy a dozen.
Installed JB4, EWG's, and FW's all this weekend. Passenger side for EWG was a PITA until I used a flathead to press down the tap facing towards the front of the car while pugging. The passenger FW was even worse. I saw this post and seriously bought a pack of extra posi-taps in anticipation of dropping them...which I did with the first two ha!! Third try, got creative, bent a wire cloths hanger to use as a hook, used some electrical tape to secure grey part of posi-tap on inside of hook, "hooked" the white wire with the posi-tap and could use other had to screw in red side of posi-tap with resistance against clothes hanger. Success!!! And no CEL's yet, fingers crossed!!

Reactions: ptatohed

·
Registered
2017 Q50 Red Sport AWD
74 Posts
*Tab **Pulling ***Clothes ****Hand...yikes at my typos...maybe it's because my hands are all cut up and sore from the install!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Anyone know the part # for the passenger side stock cable where you plug in the fuel wire? I cannot get the darn thing to disconned so I can add the passenger side fuel wire. I'm afraid it I try any harder it's just going to break so want to get a new one in my hands just in case, and before I try it again.
Its a RH04FB connector and requires a special pick tool to remove the terminals. Its a very robust connector and I wouldnt worry about breaking it.

I too am procrastinating on the fuel wires and EWG wires haha.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
11,327 Posts
Was about to buy the Fuel Wires adapter from EBay, and the listing is no longer available. Bummer...
I had nothing but trouble with his adapters. He used cheap connectors that didn't properly fit the OEM connectors, causing continuity problems and DTCs. I gave up after he sent a replacement that eventually failed also and used a Posi-Tap on one side instead.

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
5,556 Posts
Was about to buy the Fuel Wires adapter from EBay, and the listing is no longer available. Bummer...
It's weird. If I try to search for it on ebay, I don't see it. But if you use the link I previously posted, I think it works. Luckily, I did not have the same bad luck as 53. I do think one of my first sets would not click in but the replacement worked. Hopefully the seller has sorted out any issues by now.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
11,327 Posts
It's weird. If I try to search for it on ebay, I don't see it. But if you use the link I previously posted, I think it works. Luckily, I did not have the same bad luck as 53. I do think one of my first sets would not click in but the replacement worked. Hopefully the seller has sorted out any issues by now.

The second set he sent me for the driver's side clicked in just fine, worked for a few months and then just stopped working. I wasn't going to have another go-around with the seller so I yanked it and tapped the wire instead. No problems since.

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
5,556 Posts
The second set he sent me for the driver's side clicked in just fine, worked for a few months and then just stopped working. I wasn't going to have another go-around with the seller so I yanked it and tapped the wire instead. No problems since.
Oh! I don't think I knew about the few month follow-up. Yikes. Mine have been on a few months now but, honestly, I don't drive the car very much, so very few miles. How did you know it stopped working? CEL?

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
11,327 Posts
Oh! I don't think I knew about the few month follow-up. Yikes. Mine have been on a few months now but, honestly, I don't drive the car very much, so very few miles. How did you know it stopped working? CEL?
MIL and DTC check.

·
Registered
76 Posts
@Avedis53 , Interesting, now I don't feel too bad about not buying it.
@ptatohed , What you see now on EBay is the item you've bought, but it's no longer available for sale.
Anyways, will try tapping the wires, then.

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
5,556 Posts
@Avedis53 , Interesting, now I don't feel too bad about not buying it.
@ptatohed , What you see now on EBay is the item you've bought, but it's no longer available for sale.
Anyways, will try tapping the wires, then.
I see. It does say "3 available", "Get it by Dec 9" but I think you are right. Item 254514699254 doesn't come up in a search. Sounds like you don't want the adapters after all but, if you do, try contacting the seller.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I had nothing but trouble with his adapters. He used cheap connectors that didn't properly fit the OEM connectors, causing continuity problems and DTCs. I gave up after he sent a replacement that eventually failed also and used a Posi-Tap on one side instead.
I honestly couldnt tell the difference between the connectors and OEM ones other than the ribs on the orange inner seal and inner terminal face plate which seemed to be drilled out.

I guess I'll find out how they fit in the spring when I finally get around to putting them on.

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
912 Posts
Just install them already.

·
Registered
258 Posts

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
912 Posts
I just installed hks ldp, swapped both turbo to IC couplers, installed fuel wires, installed ewg wires, and glued some new foam around air duct cover to fully seal intake box from engine bay, all last weekend. Maybe that’ll motivate you instead of MR.Potato’s laziness rubbing off on you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
GUYS! NEED SOME INPUT. I INSTALLED EWG AND FUEL WIRES TO MY JB4.
EWG SETTINGS SEEMS STRAIGHT FORWARD:
DUTY BIAS 50 ACROSS THE BOARD
DEFAULT WASTEGATE POS 20
PID GAIN 20
AUTO SHIFT BOOST REDUX 60
FF/WASTEGATE ADAPTION 50
IS THAT IT?

ALSO FUEL WIRES:
OPTIONS>BITS>BIT0 ON
IS THAT IT?
THANKS FOR YOUR TIME.

Attachments