341 - 346 of 346 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
9,743 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Sounds like he already has himself for about 6 months. My kinda guy!
Well I did put the JB4 on pretty much right away. Just didn't do the FW's & the EWG's yet (but yes...I''ve had them for about 6 months....I'm still blaming summertime).

·
Registered
236 Posts
Good luck. Plus, if you think disconnecting the O2 sensor is tough, imagine trying to replace that part that it connects to!

Where do you live? If you live anywhere near me, feel free to cruise over.
I'm in AZ...close to CA but a bit too far for a Sunday drive. Thanks for the offer!

·
Registered
2017 Q50 Red Sport AWD
26 Posts
I will buy a dozen.
Installed JB4, EWG's, and FW's all this weekend. Passenger side for EWG was a PITA until I used a flathead to press down the tap facing towards the front of the car while pugging. The passenger FW was even worse. I saw this post and seriously bought a pack of extra posi-taps in anticipation of dropping them...which I did with the first two ha!! Third try, got creative, bent a wire cloths hanger to use as a hook, used some electrical tape to secure grey part of posi-tap on inside of hook, "hooked" the white wire with the posi-tap and could use other had to screw in red side of posi-tap with resistance against clothes hanger. Success!!! And no CEL's yet, fingers crossed!!

Reactions: ptatohed

·
Registered
2017 Q50 Red Sport AWD
26 Posts
*Tab **Pulling ***Clothes ****Hand...yikes at my typos...maybe it's because my hands are all cut up and sore from the install!

Reactions: ptatohed

·
Registered
206 Posts
Anyone know the part # for the passenger side stock cable where you plug in the fuel wire? I cannot get the darn thing to disconned so I can add the passenger side fuel wire. I'm afraid it I try any harder it's just going to break so want to get a new one in my hands just in case, and before I try it again.
Its a RH04FB connector and requires a special pick tool to remove the terminals. Its a very robust connector and I wouldnt worry about breaking it.

I too am procrastinating on the fuel wires and EWG wires haha.

341 - 346 of 346 Posts