Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Recently installed jb4 and followed the everything to the T, its pretty hard to mess up. I installed the connect as well with the cap, my phone "connects" to it and does the handshake, but none of the real time gauges are displaying. What did i miss here? Is it a matter of firmware, the install seems to be fine everything goes where its supposed to and since it has connected it would assume its connected right, no? Any help here is appreciated. There is one cable left in the box that looks like it connects to the small 4 prong that stick out of the main harness. It was no where in the install video though so i didnt use it.

Best,
Dan

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,589 Posts
It sounds to me like you didn't connect the JB4 module to your car's OBDII port. The JB4 app and BT module that I assume you are using has to get the car's data via the OBDII port in order to display real-time data on the gauge display.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yeah I’ll second that. That small 4 prong one you describe needs to be connected and either run through the grommet on the firewall or through the door, your preference, and then connected to the obd II port. Search other videos and you’ll see what we’re talking about.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys so i defitnely know what you are talking about now. The grommet seems so hard to get to, i hate working in that tiny space. How hard is the "through the door" method?

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,589 Posts
I routed my OBDII cable through the left front quarter panel instead of through the grommet. It only takes a few minutes and is a lot easier than messing with that grommet while standing on your head. Here's Boost In Motion's video showing how to do it:

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I ran mine through the grommet... it's not that hard. As I pushed the wire through from the engine compartment, my neighbor snagged it and pulled it through. I positioned the wire at the 6 o'clock position to allow the grommet to seal at the top.

And then I sold the JB4 and went the Ecutek route... ;)

Reactions: ptatohed

·
Registered
172 Posts
I ran mine through the grommet... it's not that hard. As I pushed the wire through from the engine compartment, my neighbor snagged it and pulled it through. I positioned the wire at the 6 o'clock position to allow the grommet to seal at the top.

And then I sold the JB4 and went the Ecutek route... ;)
Lol, I had an JB1 then I tuned the car not long after too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts