Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Q50 RS AWD
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all, new JB4 user here. I have done countless hours of research on this forum, as well as the N54 one. I have learned a ton, but was just hoping to get a second set of eyes on these logs. I didn't want to run map 1 as I have a RS, so I ran a pretty conservative map 6. With what I added on map 6, my total boost should not have exceeded 16.5 at any RPM range. I currently use Shell V Power, 93 octane.

I added a map 0 log and a log of my map 6, both making the same run, about 2k RPMs in 3rd, to ~6500 RPMs, then a few hundred RPMs in 4th.

On the map 6 log, I feel it looks pretty good, except for the dip in Ign1. From what I have read, it seems a dip around 4k RPMs is normal, but seeing it dip to 3.5 seems low. FWIW it did dip to 4.5 on my map 0 log.

Let me know what you all think, thank you!

Rectangle Slope Font Line Parallel Rectangle Slope Font Line Screenshot Colorfulness Font Screenshot Rectangle Slope

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Easiest way to tell if that is knock is dial back the boost in the 3-4k range and see if it goes away. If it doesn't then it's a step change in the timing table based on load going higher it's commanded less timing.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Are those trims super low?

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Are those trims super low?
They are rather low, but if his sig is correct, it's likely the stock exhaust being a bottle neck so its not requiring as much fuel to hit the commanded AFR.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 RS AWD
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Sig is up to date...I will drop the PSI between 3-4k and post another log tonight. Any recommendation on how low to drop it to see if its just a step change?

Thanks for the feedback, it is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 RS AWD
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, here are the updated map 6 settings and a log doing the exact same pull. Same Ign1 dip to 3.5

Font Rectangle Parallel Display device Asphalt Font Electronic device Screenshot Electric blue Rectangle

·
Registered
2018 Q50 RS AWD
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry about that, posted them with low res by accident. Here are updated pics, but yes, the dip is still there.

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
How are the trims so low? Is the pedal at 100? It doesn’t look like much boost was added given the fact it’s an RS.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 RS AWD
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I did have the boost dialed back on this last run, but the highest I see the ECU PSI hit is 13.5. Shouldn't that hit 14.5 since it is a RS? I am not sure about the trims, but @dndspider said it may have something to do with the stock exhaust being a bottle neck. And yes, the pedal was 100%

·
Registered
2018 Q50 RS AWD
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Went back and looked at a map 0 log I have (from first post), the highest I hit was 13.6 ECU PSI. The map 6 from my first post did show ECU PSI hitting 14 at one point, but mostly stayed in the high 13's.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 RS AWD
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hooked up the fuel wires today and ran the same map 6 just to see how the logs looked. AFR was slightly more lean through the meat of third gear (high 11's as opposed to low 11's).

And not sure if FW would really help timing or not, but I did see that same dip around 4300-4400 rpms, but it was not as steep, and still coincided with the uptick in boost.

The Ign1 dip was from 5.5 to 4 today. Before FWs, it dipped from 6 to 3.5

Rectangle Slope Line Font Parallel

·
Registered
2018 Q50 RS AWD
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Awesome, thanks for taking a look man. Next up - EWG wires

Reactions: Ddnspider
1 - 16 of 16 Posts