Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Infiniti Q50 Silver Sport
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the page! Just got a Q50 3.0T SS and just started diving into a turbo vehicle. One of the biggest things (Which I will need MUCH MORE knowledge on is a JB4 tune which I've learned to be a really good way to boost performance numbers. However, I also plan to add some AMS intakes eventually and FI catback. To make sure I don't screw up the vehicle, should I get those before or after the JB4? Any additional parts needed to support those 2 mods for the JB4?

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
You don't NEED any mods to run a JB4. Most run an upgraded heat exchanger and exhaust which benefits you when running a JB4.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
New to the page! Just got a Q50 3.0T SS and just started diving into a turbo vehicle. One of the biggest things (Which I will need MUCH MORE knowledge on is a JB4 tune which I've learned to be a really good way to boost performance numbers. However, I also plan to add some AMS intakes eventually and FI catback. To make sure I don't screw up the vehicle, should I get those before or after the JB4? Any additional parts needed to support those 2 mods for the JB4?
The JB4 is at its core a boost controller. It has a few other bells and whistles, but like any boost controller, it doesn’t need supporting mods. As such, it’s not a real tune, and you can mod in any order you want.

Don’t waste your money on intakes. The stock air boxes on these cars are quite good, and you won’t get any real return on the investment. Instead, do some quality drop in filters.

Last week’s episode was getting started with modding the VR30, but you should also watch the week before’s episode too, as there’s relevant information in that one as well:

·
Registered
4 Posts
JB4 not a real tune just more of a boost controller currently running it and only reason I run it is for warranty reasons so when my turbos go out I take it off and go get work done then throw it back on when done. You don’t need any mods to run JB4 but the only map you’ll be able to run without messing something up is map2 anything else you run at your own risk without mods, if you plan on getting intakes look into the Bonnie and Clyde racing long tube intakes they go from engine to outside and sit in the front on the crash bar very worth it that’s what I currently have
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
St. Louis, MO
1,539 Posts
You want to do the your mods before a custom tune so you don't waste your money having to re-tune each time you add something. JB4 can be added at any time. Many add it 1st and then tweak their settings if their subsequent mods allow for additional boost. No reason to wait on JB4. Will put an immediate smile on your face when added to a bone stock non-RS 3.0t.

·
Registered
500 Posts
JB4 not a real tune just more of a boost controller currently running it and only reason I run it is for warranty reasons so when my turbos go out I take it off and go get work done then throw it back on when done. You don’t need any mods to run JB4 but the only map you’ll be able to run without messing something up is map2 anything else you run at your own risk without mods, if you plan on getting intakes look into the Bonnie and Clyde racing long tube intakes they go from engine to outside and sit in the front on the crash bar very worth it that’s what I currently have
The uneven-ness would drive me crazy lol

·
Registered
2020 Infiniti Q50 Silver Sport
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you guys, been looking and def convinced to get the JB4 sometime soon and get into mapping. Car still under warranty so also need to keep that in mind as well for my mods. But all in time.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Theoretically also saw this package on burger tuning, Have any of you tried it out? 450 Horsepower Infiniti Q50/Q60 Package
I’d get it while on sale for sure. It’s a good heat exchanger, and you want the JB4 anyway. As far as the air filters go, they’re a take it or leave it. The stock air box design is good so you don’t need intakes, but better flowing filters do help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts