Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Q50 Luxe RWD
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been out the loop on JB4 advancements and times, saw that this Q running JB4 only hit 11.9

Finger Temperature Font Thumb Number

·
Registered
2016 Q50 Redsport 400 RWD
206 Posts
Those are solid numbers all the way down the track. What was the MPH at the 1/4?

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
1,437 Posts
On IG it says stock besides JB4 and RWD, and some weight reduction but not sure how much. Track prep was on point. RWD has the advantage on a track especially well prepped.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
On IG it says stock besides JB4 and RWD, and some weight reduction but not sure how much. Track prep was on point. RWD has the advantage on a track especially well prepped.
It had to at least have been on a tire lol. Didn't see fuel either but guessing boost was up there.

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
1,437 Posts
It had to at least have been on a tire lol. Didn't see fuel either but guessing boost was up there.
Doesn’t look like it. Looks like stock wheel that he dailies, only a 225 too. Probably not stock tire but not a slick or DR.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Doesn’t look like it. Looks like stock wheel that he dailies, only a 225 too. Probably not stock tire but not a slick or DR.
Have to question either the setup or the slip. It took everyone else drag radials, boltons, etc. To run low 12s. Max Legend ran something like 22 psi on race fuel to run a 12.04. and someone suddenly runs an 11 bone stock with simply a JB4? Doesn't add up.

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
1,437 Posts
Have to question either the setup or the slip. It took everyone else drag radials, boltons, etc. To run low 12s. Max Legend ran something like 22 psi on race fuel to run a 12.09. and someone suddenly runs an 11 bone stock with simply a JB4? Doesn't add up.
Maybe, his IG page seems to be well documented in terms of chasing this 11. He has other vids of not being able to hookup, then that one he said the track prep was on point that night everyone was hooking no problem. And he’s got a good amount of weight reduction, not sure the extent but I see no passenger seat at least. The RWD advantages on a prepped track and weight advantages of RWD vs AWD and his weight reduction he could be a good 400lbs lighter than most AWD setups which would be about 4/10ths. So a 12.3 on a JB4 stock weight AWD isn’t unreasonable, drop 400lbs and it would be an 11.9.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Maybe, his IG page seems to be well documented in terms of chasing this 11. He has other vids of not being able to hookup, then that one he said the track prep was on point that night everyone was hooking no problem. And he’s got a good amount of weight reduction, not sure the extent but I see no passenger seat at least. The RWD advantages on a prepped track and weight advantages of RWD vs AWD and his weight reduction he could be a good 400lbs lighter than most AWD setups which would be about 4/10ths. So a 12.3 on a JB4 stock weight AWD isn’t unreasonable, drop 400lbs and it would be an 11.9.
The 100lbs being a tenth is a rough rule of thumb rather than gospel. I'm in the 3600lb range, much lighter than most Qs. Frankly if he says it was on a non DR, I don't believe him. I agree that if he's on the scales at 3200lbs then it's possible, otherwise not buying it without more details. Especially with the fact that he had a 1.9 sixty foot.

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
1,437 Posts
The 100lbs being a tenth is a rough rule of thumb rather than gospel. I'm in the 3600lb range, much lighter than most Qs. Frankly if he says it was on a non DR, I don't believe him. I agree that if he's on the scales at 3200lbs then it's possible, otherwise not buying it without more details. Especially with the fact that he had a 1.9 sixty foot.
Im aware but it contributes to the feasibility of it.
RWD is already 200lbs lighter, he’d only potentially need 200lbs of weight reduction or about 3600lbs to potentially run 4/10th faster than an AWD. There is a stock AWD RS running 12.39 with a 1.9 60ft. Another bone stock RS RWD with a 12.6 and 1.9 60ft on 1/4m thread. No reason a JB4 RWD on prep can’t easily run a 1.9 60ft.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Im aware but it contributes to the feasibility of it.
RWD is already 200lbs lighter, he’d only potentially need 200lbs of weight reduction or about 3600lbs to potentially run 4/10th faster than an AWD. There is a stock AWD RS running 12.39 with a 1.9 60ft. Another bone stock RS RWD with a 12.6 and 1.9 60ft on 1/4m thread. No reason a JB4 RWD on prep can’t easily run a 1.9 60ft.
You're missing the point. Im the same model as him and so have several other non sport model Q50s with the same or more mods on drag radials and haven't been close to that time. Comparing time slips he only had a 1/10th better sixty foot but 4 tenths faster to the 1/8th mile. That doesn't sound off? He didn't show a mph on that slip but to run 4 or 5 tenths faster he would have had to trap significantly higher. I certainly don't have the record or claimed to be, but for an unturned rwd auto car it comes down to weight, traction, and power. You don't suddenly change a JB4 setting and drop almost half a second. Its really not that hard to understand that either he's BSing, it's gutted, or he's Max Legend 2.0.

·
Registered
215 Posts
You're missing the point. Im the same model as him and so have several other non sport model Q50s with the same or more mods on drag radials and haven't been close to that time. Comparing time slips he only had a 1/10th better sixty foot but 4 tenths faster to the 1/8th mile. That doesn't sound off? He didn't show a mph on that slip but to run 4 or 5 tenths faster he would have had to trap significantly higher. I certainly don't have the record or claimed to be, but for an unturned rwd auto car it comes down to weight, traction, and power. You don't suddenly change a JB4 setting and drop almost half a second. Its really not that hard to understand that either he's BSing, it's gutted, or he's Max Legend 2.0.
Maybe a crazy negative DA? It does look like the trap speed was deliberately cropped out of the pic though, which is always suspicious.

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
1,437 Posts
VS a bone stock AWD RS he ran
0.008sec slower sixty
0.208sec faster in 1/8th with 3.51mph faster trap
0.400sec faster in 1/4th with 3.83mph faster trap

If you subtracted 3-400lbs from that stock AWD RS and add some top end power (JB4) that stock AWD RS could easily put down the same times or very similar, with most of the ET drop being after the 60ft.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Hey guys I forgot to tell you before I took my JB4 off I reset the record. My 60ft was slower than his, but boy oh boy I had my JB4 setup right. 🙄🙄🙄🙄
Font Rectangle Number Paper Paper product

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
1,437 Posts
Maybe a crazy negative DA? It does look like the trap speed was deliberately cropped out of the pic though, which is always suspicious.
Was a 116.3

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
1,437 Posts
Hey guys I forgot to tell you before I took my JB4 off I reset the record. My 60ft was slower than his, but boy oh boy I had my JB4 setup right. 🙄🙄🙄🙄 View attachment 105723
Someone seems salty…

he has in cabin and out of cabin videos with times visible in out of cabin. Time is legit. Setup might be questionable, but tire is pretty visible.

also trap is on slip in his post so not hiding as was suggested.

Automotive lighting Light Infrastructure Electricity Mode of transport

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Someone seems salty…

he has in cabin and out of cabin videos with times visible in out of cabin. Time is legit. Setup might be questionable, but tire is pretty visible.

also trap is on slip in his post so not hiding as was suggested.

View attachment 105725
Sounds like someone is nieve. Like I said I didnt have the record or claim to. I do however have an issue when people aren't truthful about their setups for what they ran. If you scroll up I also said it's very possible if it's gutted or running moon boost.

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
1,437 Posts
Sounds like someone is nieve. Like I said I didnt have the record or claim to. I do however have an issue when people aren't truthful about their setups for what they ran. If you scroll up I also said it's very possible if it's gutted or running moon boost.
Considering what stock RS run, it’s not at all nieve or unreasonable.

I already stated he has weight reduction, the extent is unknown but he is clearly missing passenger seat. He has a Jb4 so presumably he is making more power than a red sport. Considering RWD having the advantage to and being faster than an AWD w/ track prep and the known weight difference of RWD vs AWD, him making more power, potentially but easily a solid 10% avg across entire powerband vs a stock RS and he has additional weight reduction hes performed himself. 11.9 considering the above isn’t unrealistic.

or do youquestion the 12.39 bone stock awd rs?
Or 12.6 bone stock rwd rs?

considering those two stock times I’m surprised more people arnt running 11s on jb4 by now. Especially RWD, but I assume people interested in actually being competitive and pushing it and willing to go to a strip on a night with prep are probably also long passed the JB4 at that point. Most “competitive” jb4 setups probably don’t have any times or only have street / dragy times.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Maybe a crazy negative DA?....
this is a very valid point that wasn't considered. If he was on something like -1500ft DA at English town or something and had weight reduction I would understand. I guess Ill reserve judgement until someone either shares his boost level or his weight.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts