Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
1,673 Posts
this is a very valid point that wasn't considered. If he was on something like -1500ft DA at English town or something and had weight reduction I would understand. I guess Ill reserve judgement until someone either shares his boost level or his weight.
Bradenton motor sports in Florida. Solid track.

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Bradenton motor sports in Florida. Solid track.
Can you see the day it was done? There's an easy online DA calculator for all tracks in the US by day.

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
1,673 Posts
Can you see the day it was done? There's an easy online DA calculator for all tracks in the US by day.
Not 100% sure, Considering he posted 1day ago, and Thursday is test and tune night. I’d assume 1/13/2022.

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Not 100% sure, Considering he posted 1day ago, and Thursday is test and tune night. I’d assume 1/13/2022.
Thursday had a best DA of -29ft. If you havent used it before check out DragTimes DA calculator. Pretty neat tool.

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
1,673 Posts
Thursday had a best DA of -29ft. If you havent used it before check out DragTimes DA calculator. Pretty neat tool.
I’ll check it out.

Some fast times always get put down over there this time a year. A lot of other places shutdown for the winter but Florida got that nice winter boost/strip weather.

some other contexts. He has just shy of 200ig followers. As far as i know he isnt posting anywhwre else or“bragging” or “promoting” anything anywhere. Considering the Q50/60 following is so small and the awareness of the JB4 in that community even smaller. Majority of people probably don’t even know how much of an accomplishment this is, considering how slow 11.9 really is in racing. The incentive to have some elaborate lie/trick and make false claims of being fastest Q50 Jb4 would be very odd to say the least.

he has plenty of videos and slips to prove the times are legit. Obviously the mods are in question but I just don’t see too much of a motive.

i asked him guesstimated weight and peak boost. Well see if he replies.

Reactions: Ddnspider

·
Registered
50 Posts
this is a very valid point that wasn't considered. If he was on something like -1500ft DA at English town or something and had weight reduction I would understand. I guess Ill reserve judgement until someone either shares his boost level or his weight.
Most additional boost he ran is +8.5psi and it’s tapered down to 0 at 7k rpm. He was also helped by Bonnieclyderacing at the track on some pointers. Definitely legit, but the weight reduction? I know all 3 seats were out but I never asked further. Guys cool & means well in the community for sure

Reactions: 17awdQ50P

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Most additional boost he ran is +8.5psi and it’s tapered down to 0 at 7k rpm. He was also helped by Bonnieclyderacing at the track on some pointers. Definitely legit, but the weight reduction? I know all 3 seats were out but I never asked further. Guys cool & means well in the community for sure
So basically just above RS boost. That rules out moon boost. Crazy negative DA is ruled out. Gutted must be the result lol.

·
Registered
50 Posts
So basically just above RS boost. That rules out moon boost. Crazy negative DA is ruled out. Gutted must be the result lol.
Think it could be the sweet spot of max ss boost and timing with jb4? Usually people run into timing problems galore when they just crank her up

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Think it could be the sweet spot of max ss boost and timing with jb4? Usually people run into timing problems galore when they just crank her up
A given octane only gets you so far. Whether or not you get there with less boost and more timing or more boost and less timing can vary. I've seen enough logs that at 15 or 16 psi you'll end up with about 10 degrees at max rpm assuming no knock. The fact that all of the ET gain was in the 1/8th mile is what is suspect to me. Again, if he says he wrights 3200/3300 lbs then I buy it. We're getting this info 2nd, 3rd, 4th hand so it's all a guess. I never really considered Max Legends ET the record because he blew his stuff up and there's too many questions about this one too. Back in the day Terry Burger also had a Q50 run an 11 with a JB4, but there were a ton of questions and missing info on that one too. Is what it is and such is the internet.

·
Registered
2019 Q50 Signature Edition
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
A given octane only gets you so far. Whether or not you get there with less boost and more timing or more boost and less timing can vary. I've seen enough logs that at 15 or 16 psi you'll end up with about 10 degrees at max rpm assuming no knock. The fact that all of the ET gain was in the 1/8th mile is what is suspect to me. Again, if he says he wrights 3200/3300 lbs then I buy it. We're getting this info 2nd, 3rd, 4th hand so it's all a guess. I never really considered Max Legends ET the record because he blew his stuff up and there's too many questions about this one too. Back in the day Terry Burger also had a Q50 run an 11 with a JB4, but there were a ton of questions and missing info on that one too. Is what it is and such is the internet.
You moved on from JB4?

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
You moved on from JB4?
Just within the last couple of weeks. Was planning on going for a hero pass now that the car was dialed in with some final updates, but saw an opportunity and jumped on it. Been working with HP Tuners a bit and learning the ECU and TCU tuning. Plan on doing some tutorials/threads walking through it once I get past a couple of hurdles.

·
Registered
239 Posts
75% of a Q hit 11's on JB4. How long did it take for the other seats and interior/trunk lining to cross the line?

·
Registered
4,510 Posts

·
Registered
2017 infiniti Q50 AWD
1,673 Posts
So did he ever hit 11s ?? Or are we still waiting for the truth ?
What do you mean? Of course he hit 11s. That was never In question. Some people where questioning how he hit 11s not if he hit 11s. He just beat his PB put down an 11.91 at 116.40mph.

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Bumping this as Ive messaged briefly with the owner of the car. He's running about +9 psi peak, so anywhere from 17-20 psi depending on mods. As far as weight reduction, only the driver seat is left and the entire trunk area is gutted. Depending on exhaust mods (weight reduction) he could be in the 34xx range but hasn't weighed it yet. Not surprised it cracked an 11.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts