Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in a pretty crowded area with not much straight away to do a clean 3rd gear pull. I’m no expert when it comes to reading my logs but the car has almost no power, then it hesitates around 2500-3000 rpm and then it pulls hard. My log seems to show a brief lean condition around that point. I had to back off due to traffic at 6300 or so…Is this common for JB4? I have it on map 2. All stock minus CBE…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
What map?
Looks like you're trying to command a flat 5 PSI?
Premium/Luxe/SS/RS? It also looks like throttle was cut and then kicked back in.
Have you tried making a pull with map 0 and then map 1 to see if it is fine at stock boost/slightly higher boost?
Always log both boost, both trims, both AFR channels too. My guess is you're trying to command too much boost too soon.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SS on map2 on 93 octane. The car ran great stock but honestly, I jumped right to this map. I figured the car can safely run map2 based on what I’ve been reading. I honestly don’t punch it often but when I do on this map, the same thing happens, slight delay and then boost kicks in hard. I was trying to keep up with a last gen rs5(smelled like catless) with V8 but that hesitation killed it.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I had noticeable ‘lag’ until I installed the EWG wires and now she just takes off.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had noticeable ‘lag’ until I installed the EWG wires and now she just takes off.
Gotcha. Yeah, the lag is definitely noticeable. Hoping the EWG wires will help with it. I’m not trying to break any HP records but want the power delivery to be a bit smoother…don’t want to jump to a ecutek tune quite yet.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Too much timing is being pulled on map 4. Log in map 3

1 - 9 of 9 Posts