Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
They're still pretty respectable overall though, even if below the average premium name plate. Second highest Japanese nameplate after Lexus. I think they just don't have the same name recognition as some of the other brands, especially hurt by a lack of new models.

Little surprised at Lincoln ahead. Aside from Lexus, Japanese luxury brands have work to do.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I'm also surprised at how low Nissan (our parent company of sorts) places....
Below Kia and Hyundai?

I personally truly appreciate the improvements and perception changes both of those Korean companies have made in the last few years…. Just hard to imagine the rest of America feels that way.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Ignore that perception junk, who's the audience anyway? Infiniti has only existed since the 80's, I believe. I used to get customers visiting my old store in LA who had never even heard of Infiniti, I mean what is that? How oblivious to the world around you do you have to be to not even know what Infiniti is? This was in Los Angeles, mind you - "CAR CENTRAL." Many of the luxury brands just have the upper hand in name recognition because they have been around far longer.
The Q50 will begin to change that perception, especially since Infiniti is targeting the younger future generation of car consumers. For those of you who have not seen the Q50 in person, it's remarkable. I actually disliked most preproduction images they had out online, but in person, it looks so different. If none of you have played with the lights yet, man they look sexy. I used to be a sucker for BMW halos or Audi's front LED's, but after seeing the Q50 lighting in the dealership, they are now my favorite stock lights on the market - wicked gorgeous.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Ignore that perception junk, who's the audience anyway? Infiniti has only existed since the 80's, I believe. I used to get customers visiting my old store in LA who had never even heard of Infiniti, I mean what is that? How oblivious to the world around you do you have to be to not even know what Infiniti is? This was in Los Angeles, mind you - "CAR CENTRAL." Many of the luxury brands just have the upper hand in name recognition because they have been around far longer.
The Q50 will begin to change that perception, especially since Infiniti is targeting the younger future generation of car consumers. For those of you who have not seen the Q50 in person, it's remarkable. I actually disliked most preproduction images they had out online, but in person, it looks so different. If none of you have played with the lights yet, man they look sexy. I used to be a sucker for BMW halos or Audi's front LED's, but after seeing the Q50 lighting in the dealership, they are now my favorite stock lights on the market - wicked gorgeous.
I love the positivity! Right on, man.

It is true, Infiniti just doesn't have the same kind of history as some of the other automakers, but when you see how it stacks up against some of the other "luxury" makers that have been around longer, I'd say Infiniti is still holding its own ok.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.