Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here received the e-mail from JD Power, asking if you would be interested in completing five surveys about the quality of the Q50 and the issues you've had with it? I just received the e-mail tonight, and answered the preliminary questions, which will be used to pick those who participate. They say that participants are on a first come, first served basis. Those who complete all five surveys, over an eight week period, will get a $100 AMEX Gift Certificate.

For those who don't get the e-mail, here are the topics of the surveys:

Week 1) Initial Quality Study and Sales Satisfaction Survey (1 hour to complete)

Week 3) Detailed Symptom Analysis - A custom survey that is based on issues identified on previous surveys. (30 minutes to complete)

Week 5) Automotive Performance, Execution and Layout Study - A survey that measures how appealing you find your Q50(1 hour to complete)

Week 7) A survey regarding your 2014 Q50's quality(1 hour to complete)

Week 9) Detailed Symptom Analysis - 2nd custom survey that is based on any issues or topics from the previous weeks(30 minutes to complete)

They'll also have you track your mpg over this time.

They also say that some participants will be asked to take part in a telephone interview to answer specific questions regarding your feedback.

Is this the survey that JD Powers uses in giving their initial quality ranks? With all the cars that I've purchased, I've never been asked to participate in such a survey. So, anyone else contacted?

·
Registered
585 Posts
I've never been asked to participate in such a survey. So, anyone else contacted?
Yes, just got the e-mail. I filled out the survey and was told I would be notified if I was selected by 9/27.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Same here, I got the email as well. I took the survey, and I would be notified if I got selected.

Then I sent them an email back that there was an error in their survey ;) They asked me whether the Q50 I purchased had "FWD, AWD, or Don't Know" I know what my Q50 has, I am just not sure JDPower knows what the Q50 offers.

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
I received the email also and took the survey. We'll see if I get selected.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Same here, I got the email as well. I took the survey, and I would be notified if I got selected.

Then I sent them an email back that there was an error in their survey ;) They asked me whether the Q50 I purchased had "FWD, AWD, or Don't Know" I know what my Q50 has, I am just not sure JDPower knows what the Q50 offers.
Now, that's funny! I didn't notice that, since I just saw AWD, clicked it, and went to the next question.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmm I didn't get the email.
My guess is that Infiniti told them not to send you one.:D

Seriously, one of the things that interested me was that the site said that the surveys' information would be shared with Infiniti engineers. It makes me wonder if this is the standard JD Powers survey, or if Infiniti has asked them to do it, to gather more information on the car.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Just got an e-mail that I've been selected for the vehicle evaluation. Now, I just have to tell my wife that I'm driving her car for the next 9 weeks.

All in the name of science:)

Reactions: JasonH

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
Hmm I didn't get the email.
cause JDPowers knows you will be most critical:p..and make their system go wild:>)!;)
Just got an e-mail that I've been selected for the vehicle evaluation. Now, I just have to tell my wife that I'm driving her car for the next 9 weeks.

All in the name of science:)
JD POwer surveys are manipulated... to please the manufacturers so they can use their name in the ads/commercials and JD Powers gets paid. I have no faith in their endorsed commercials.

Survey & assessments of Consumer Reports is probably best.

Infiniti does their on product survey and pays you $300 plus for your time (almost half day) and for honest opinion.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yep, me too. I wonder if Infiniti wants to bribe me - uh, just kidding. For Infiniti's sake, I hope that there will be fewer freeze-ups.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Speaking of Surveys: I have had my Q50 for about three weeks. I have gotten no surveys from Infiniti or anyone. It has been in for service (cosmetic flaws I discussed earlier which Infiniti Customer Service intervened in and authorized the repairs).
Seems kind of strange. I seem to recall getting surveys from Nissan within a few days of purchase or service.
Anyone get any Customer Service Satisfaction surveys from Infiniti? How soon after purchase or service? Thanks.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Speaking of Surveys: I have had my Q50 for about three weeks. I have gotten no surveys from Infiniti or anyone. It has been in for service (cosmetic flaws I discussed earlier which Infiniti Customer Service intervened in and authorized the repairs).
Seems kind of strange. I seem to recall getting surveys from Nissan within a few days of purchase or service.
Anyone get any Customer Service Satisfaction surveys from Infiniti? How soon after purchase or service? Thanks.
5 days after it is reported sold..

the survey is a link in a "thank you" email from Infiniti.. easy to mistake it or for it to end up in spam.. ask your salesperson.. he can run a report showing when it was sent

·
Registered
395 Posts
Got mine about 2-3 weeks after filling out all the paperwork. Came by email invite. Check your spam folder ;)

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Makes you wonder why no one likes you?;)

Besides the customer survey from Infiniti, the JD Powers survey, and the Strategic Vision one, I received another one today - this one from some organization called Public Reach. Gee, it's so nice to be wanted. :D The Powers survey is the only one I'm going to do. And speaking of it, it sure is detailed! It looks like a lot of extra time doing it.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I got selected too!! Free $100! :D

·
Registered
137 Posts
I think Consumer Reports is the most unbiased of the reviews and surveys also. JD Powers seems to tailor their categories so that whoever pays them can get an award. For instance, the Q50 is bound to take the award for best car with direct adaptive steering.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.