Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 111 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
3,487 Posts
Come on John, you can walk 1.5 miles. I walk a mile during my 15 minute work break every day. 2500 steps.

1.5 miles = 22.5 minutes and 3750 steps. :)

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Go Auto will still do the LSD, turbo install, and retune. As soon as I get a date on the LSD I can schedule the shop time.

No point having the parts in my dining room when I can be enjoying them until I put it in the shop.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Come on John, you can walk 1.5 miles. I walk a mile during my 15 minute work break every day. 2500 steps.

1.5 miles = 22.5 minutes and 3750 steps. :)
I think you forgot I have ♿ plates. 😉. Not to complain..

It's actually 3.5 miles one way, and a 345' elevation change now that I checked. Seems like 1.5 miles in my car though 😂🤣

I did take my bicycle there once a few years ago as it's down hill, but put my bike in my truck for the way back.

·
Super Moderator
3,487 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,601 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,487 Posts
Reactions: Avedis53

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Go Auto will still do the LSD, turbo install, and retune. As soon as I get a date on the LSD I can schedule the shop time.
Smart move. I inquired about what is involved in R&R of the front diff. @Avedis53 sent me the Service Manual section.

So you have to drop the entire drivetrain to support removal of the front differential housing.

Since Go Auto has alot of engine-out R35 (GT-R) experience, I curious to hear how the replacement process goes. If he can determine the differential case can be replaced in-situ, that would be a useful piece of information for the 10% of us who'd like a Front LSD, but are not upgrading turbos. Otherwise, no Front LSD for me if the only way to R&R it is an engine-out requirement.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,601 Posts
I think I'd pay to have that done.

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Since he's doing the turbos it made cents (a lot of them) to save on labor.

So any AWD folks having turbos installed that would be the time to have a LSD installed, if that is something you ever consider doing. The cost of the LSD is probably close to the cost of the labor to install one. I consider it almost free labor for the LSD install.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts

No point having the parts in my dining room when I can be enjoying them until I put it in the shop.
I hope RB is not doing your tune! You really should find out.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #71 (Edited)
I hope RB is not doing your tune! You really should find out.
We will have a long talk about it. I'd like AMS to take over. I just need a safe base map to drive home with..then can remote tune with them becauseof their Level 10 experience.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Reactions: BigHeadClan

·
Registered
55 Posts
A tuners name in NH
I was confused thinking it was Race Box u guys were talking about.

I bought carbon fiber mirror caps from a local guy, he had his car remotely tuned by Racebox and had nothing but good things to say about them.

Anyway, interested in seeing your car come together (further).

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Coilovers, driveshaft, SPL rear ASB end links, and Hunter Alignment will be done by Friday noon or end of the day. Lowering only .5" front, .75" rear. 8 clicks rear, 10 clicks front, from losest point. Camber -1.25 - -1.5 on all 4 corners. Depending on where it is now. I like it where it is so won't deviate much from there. (What ever it's at now)

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
We will have a long talk about it. I'd like AMS to take over. I just need a safe base map to drive home with..then can remote tune with them becauseof their Level 10 experience.
John,

Why not start with AMS? They will provide you with the base tune and full tune. Using RB then AMS will cost you $tune x 2

As discussed, I wouldn’t let RB within 12 feet of my car.....

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,601 Posts
John,

Why not start with AMS? They will provide you with the base tune and full tune. Using RB then AMS will cost you $tune x 2

I don't know the back story. Why no RB?

·
Premium Member
152 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,601 Posts
Fair enough.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
John,

That's what I will work out with Faroog. Go with AMS from the get go. But he wants to do it on his dyno so that may be a point of friction ...however he is tight with AMS and has a vendor account with them. So that might help. I know you had issues with RB so have that info to help with rhe process.

61 - 80 of 111 Posts