Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

81 - 100 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I’ll tell you privately but don’t think it’s appropriate in an open forum.
It's entirely appropriate on a forum so that others don't make the same mistake or risk damaging their car. If there's a hack tuner out there and you don't do your part in preventing people from using them, you're not exactly helping the community out.

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,601 Posts
I'm inclined to agree but that's up to Q60NH as to sharing his experience. I don't think one has to worry about being libelous as long as you stick to the facts.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
3,487 Posts
Now I want to know what the facts are!

Reactions: Ohthatguy

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Sheesh, you guys are tough.

RB= RAB Tuning out of Boston. In short, he tuned my car and I had to have it retuned by AMS. Email replies from him were rude and unprofessional.
I will not recommend RB to anyone based on my experience. I hear he is respected in the Suburu Cobb tuning world.

Reactions: BigHeadClan

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #85 (Edited)
Turbos shipped yesterday, 7/23. Whitehead opens Monday. Hopefully I can get a ship date from them for my LSD.

Farooq told me to get ready 😁👍🏻

Farooq's GT-R hits 203 MPH ..first 200+mph GT-R at slip stream. 1800 HP FYI. I believe it's 2000 HP now.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
People have asked me why I didn't get the AMS one piece driveshaft. Ist of all I didn't want CF. I don't think they age as well. I have CF arrows for my 10 Point XRT (425 FPS) and a CF kayak paddle shaft. So I know what CF does when a rock hits it. I'd rather have a 4" AL driveshaft since I drive on dirt/gravel roads.

2nd, Inland Empire is approved for racing. See below. It also is foam filled to reduce the extra noise of a one piece driveshaft. AMS has a note addressing the added noise theirs has.

Bottom line I think the Inland Empire driveshaft is a better mousetrap than the AMS. I got it on sale too.👍🏻
Placed my order with CZP for the Inland Empire D/S on Friday - $907 shipped to my door (I remembered I had some CZP Rewards credit to use, too).

I'll let you know how the install and 1st drive goes. The QJ keeps paying dividends.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Placed my order with CZP for the Inland Empire D/S on Friday - $907 shipped to my door (I remembered I had some CZP Rewards credit to use, too).

I'll let you know how the install and 1st drive goes. The QJ keeps paying dividends.
I think you are at the point of needing a Wavetrac rear LSD.

It's better than the Street Pro one, because if one wheel lifts in a corner power is delivered to the outside wheel that has contact with the road, unlike my Street Pro one.

I notice this loss of traction on the corner at the end of my street. When I take that corner quickly the inside rear wheel lifts and I loose traction.

Had I gotten the Wavetrac rear LSD this would not be a problem.

Unfortunately I was unaware of it at the time, or they were not readily available.

It's really all that's left to do to your Q60 to make it right. Honestly I know I'd feel the difference between the two after 3-4 turns on the way into town.

It's the only mod I would have liked to have done differently. Getting my Street Pro LSD was the right choice at the time.

If it wasn't so difficult to swap out, and so expensive to do, I would prefer having the Wavetrac LSD.

·
Registered
2019 Q50 S
263 Posts

I ordered the same thing Friday. Was yours on back order too or did you snag the last one in stock?

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
I ordered the same thing Friday. Was yours on back order too or did you snag the last one in stock?
FYI, back when I ordered mine, I was told they were; "made to order".

This may have changed and they may now make them in a predetermined "lot size".

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Interesting - no, no "back order" indication on my order.

Reactions: EngineeredQ50

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I think you are at the point of needing a Wavetrac rear LSD.
Agreed. A few months ago I found a shop in my area that will install the Wavetech LSD in my Q when I'm ready:

Northwest Differential - Service

I wish the Wavetech LSD would go on-sale - I think AMS does this "once-a-year" promotion, and that's it.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
The Street Pro is outclassed by the Wavetech. IMHO a real noticable difference especially in the corners where it's easy to lift the inner rear wheel in the corners.

Hopefully my adding a front LSD will help some, but the delay will probably be long enough the rear tire will be back on the ground.

Shutting off the nanny tec will help for sure. I really like how the new C8 gives you a lot of control of the nanny tec. 8 clicks IIRC.

If you ask AMS real nicely, they may give you some $ off, like free shipping. Tell them all the AMS parts you have and that you will write a review on the forum. Can't hurt 🤔

You NEED to have one.😉😎

·
Registered
2019 Q50 S
263 Posts
Interesting - no, no "back order" indication on my order.
Sounds like they do make them to order VS labeling them “out of stock” online. My order processed normally but I checked with CZP prior to ordering and they said “Driveshaft isn't in stock currently but shows about 7-10 days on average to build and ship direct from Inland Empire!”

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Exactly what I was told. 7-10 day lead time.. drop ship direct from IE.

·
Registered
2019 Q50 S
263 Posts
Exactly what I was told. 7-10 day lead time.. drop ship direct from IE.
I’m pretty pumped to get this mod on the car. Very interested to see how it impacts things.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
I’m pretty pumped to get this mod on the car. Very interested to see how it impacts things.
I really don't think it will make a big difference. MAYBE we will notice some change. It would be in how fast your car can accelerate by eliminating rotational mass. It also may reduce driveline power loss by cutting out one U-Joint.

On the dyno I doubt the benifits will be more significant than humidity, temperature, and the myriad of other variables.

So why spend the $ for so little? As I've said before all the small changes add up. It's also one less U-Joint to fail.

Now the RS-R DDS Compatible coilovers. They're going to be a big change. I'm very excited about this install.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Now the RS-R DDS Compatible coilovers. They're going to be a big change. I'm very excited about this install.
Yeah, after driving around this past month on my new suspension, I'm a fan of the RS-R DDS C/Os. I'm curious to hear how well the alignment comes out on your stock suspension.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
I'll check where it's at now on the Hunter alignment rack, then install the RS-R Coilovers and see if I can go -1.5 camber in the front and keep the rear to where it's at now.

Give me a buzz Friday late, my time. We can discuss how the install went and how it drives after.

Reactions: IridiumRS400

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Dropped my Q off at my local shop this afternoon so they can start first thing in the AM tomorrow for Coilovers, one piece driveshaft, and alignment.

Front LSD should be in hopefully by Monday PM.

Reactions: u1arunit

·
Super Moderator
Newport, Oregon
8,601 Posts
Dropped my Q off at my local shop this afternoon so they can start first thing in the AM tomorrow for Coilovers, one piece driveshaft, and alignment.

Front LSD should be in hopefully by Monday PM.
It's just like Christmas!

81 - 100 of 111 Posts