Infiniti Q50 Forum banner

101 - 111 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Q50 S
263 Posts
Dropped my Q off at my local shop this afternoon so they can start first thing in the AM tomorrow for Coilovers, one piece driveshaft, and alignment.

Front LSD should be in hopefully by Monday PM.
Is yours a CZP driveshaft? If so, how long did it take to get it after you ordered?

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Is yours a CZP driveshaft? If so, how long did it take to get it after you ordered?
Yes, made by Inland Empire. Made to order and shipped direct from Inland. About 10 days.

Reactions: Ohthatguy

·
Registered
359 Posts
Won't you have to get another alignment after the turbos are installed? Removing the whole motor and axle assembly.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Won't you have to get another alignment after the turbos are installed? Removing the whole motor and axle assembly.
Very true. I won't need to align the car again. Only thing Go Auto will do now will be turbos, front LSD, and retune.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Very true. I won't need to align the car again. Only thing Go Auto will do now will be turbos, front LSD, and retune.
Who is fitting the HPFP and LPFP?

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
Who is fitting the HPFP and LPFP?
Go Auto, I kind of considered it part of the turbo install. Sorry I left that out.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Got a call from my local shop. Seems the instructions for the install for the front coilovers is incorrect with the reservoir facing the back. It will hit either the control arm or the tire if mounted that way.

It fits if the reservoir is in the front. A call to @IridiumRS400 verified his are installed with them facing the front.

I will call both Z1 and RS-R so they can make the change.

So if anyone is going to install the RS-R DDS compatible coilovers on their Q50/60 make the note: On the front coilovers the reservoir will face the front, not the rear as per the instructions.

😉 thanks John. Talk to you Sunday PM with a ride update.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Coilovers are in 1/2" lower front, 3/4" lower in the rear. Inland Empire driveshaft installed. No noticable vibration difference than the OEM 3 U-joint driveshaft.

Went for a 90 minute drive to play with drive mode difference. The biggest difference was the spring rate. Much flatter in the corners and more planted.

Std mode felt 1/2 way between OEM std mode and sport mode, sport felt like sport + 25%. Not a big difference between modes like the OEM system. I will soften the settings a few clicks and see if I can get standard mode a bit softer.

At first I thought they didn't install them correctly but no fault lights or codes in EcuTec. Then after playing with them I did notice a little difference.

I'll talk to @IridiumRS400 Sunday PM and see if his feel similar bwtween modes. I expected a bigger difference. But it might just be the spring rate difference I notice more.

I need more wheel time.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
My car goes in Monday for the LSD, HPFP, LPFP, Turbos, belt and retune.

I just need to get transportation arranged. Rental probably.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I'll talk to @IridiumRS400 Sunday PM and see if his feel similar bwtween modes. I expected a bigger difference. But it might just be the spring rate difference I notice more.

I need more wheel time.
Last night I softened the dampening setting in the front from 13 to 8 "clicks". Much better response to bumps. So now I have the same dampening settings at all four corners.

I think @JohnInNH figured out that his initial dampening settings were 12 (F) and 8 (R) "clicks" from Firm (vs Soft), thus the reason the switching to Sport or Sport+ made little difference in the C/O response on his Q.

·
Registered
2018 Q50 AWD Red Sport
3,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Last night I softened the dampening setting in the front from 13 to 8 "clicks". Much better response to bumps. So now I have the same dampening settings at all four corners.

I think @JohnInNH figured out that his initial dampening settings were 12 (F) and 8 (R) "clicks" from Firm (vs Soft), thus the reason the switching to Sport or Sport+ made little difference in the C/O response on his Q.
Well, now that I'm at 10 clicks up from full soft front, and 5 clicks up from full soft rear, the car is 100% better.

In the hurricane now. The wind just started and rain. It's tracking west of me, but the wind is higher on the eastern edge per my weather app maps.

Reactions: BigHeadClan
101 - 111 of 111 Posts