Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Infiniti Q50 base
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i just added isr test pipes to my q50 that also had a Stillen CBE. I was hoping that the exhaust system would eat up most of the rasp but that wasn’t the case. Still a noob to most mods but I was researching how I can add resonators to reduce the rasp. But could i add those to the exhaust system? What do you guys recommend? Thanks for reading

·
Premium Member
SW New Hampshire
4,883 Posts
It's a 3.7 so you don't have turbos to act like mufflers. Does the Stillen CBE have resonated mid-pipes? If not I would add them and see if that helps. I would go with at least 14" resonators. A GOOD muffler shop should be able to set you up with Stainless Steel resonators..make sure they use T-304 SS and the correct SS wire to weild it with so it doesn't rust.

·
Super Moderator
Murrieta, CA, USA
6,929 Posts
I have a 3.0t and had a resonatorless Stillen CB and it was fine. Stuck on LDPs and drone. :( I put in one resonator between the Y pipe and the mufflers. It helped 85%. The shop left enough room to add one more reso if I want it. I think I will eventually do it. This has turned my $1000 CBE into a $1400 one. Live and learn. If I had to do it all over, I'd get the Invidia Gemini which has resonators in it, for $900.

Reactions: Jonjostar

·
Registered
2 Posts
So i just added isr test pipes to my q50 that also had a Stillen CBE. I was hoping that the exhaust system would eat up most of the rasp but that wasn’t the case. Still a noob to most mods but I was researching how I can add resonators to reduce the rasp. But could i add those to the exhaust system? What do you guys recommend? Thanks for reading
Hey bro, did you get a cel? If yes or no, can you please explain either what you did to not get it in the first place? Or what you did to get rid of it when it came on? Thanks bro🤙🏼

·
Registered
5 Posts
anyone have insight on what i could add to my qx50 ? i want to delete cat and add test pipe . don't know what would fit p.s I'm here seeking information as I cant find solid answer or really any from forums directed to my model. thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,867 Posts
anyone have insight on what i could add to my qx50 ?
You have posted to the wrong model forum. This is infinitiq50.org.

Reactions: vciq

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
13,643 Posts
anyone have insight on what i could add to my qx50 ? i want to delete cat and add test pipe . don't know what would fit p.s I'm here seeking information as I cant find solid answer or really any from forums directed to my model. thanks
I haven't searched the internet for a FDP that fits a QX-50, but I'm assuming you have already done so. You might consider having an exhaust shop fabricate one for you. I have no idea what that might cost and you'll have to find a shop that will delete cats. Many won't.

Reactions: vciq

·
Registered
5 Posts
I haven't searched the internet for a FDP that fits a QX-50, but I'm assuming you have already done so. You might consider having an exhaust shop fabricate one for you. I have no idea what that might cost and you'll have to find a shop that will delete cats. Many won't.
Thank you ! Yes it's very limited information making it much harder to figure out I would assume there would need some modification if anything but besides the point only thing I found was 1 guy talk about it on a YouTube comment saying G37 coupe pipe would work and also i didn't know that most shops won't cut the cats that's good to know ! thanks again !

·
Administrator
Newport, Oregon
13,643 Posts
Thank you ! Yes it's very limited information making it much harder to figure out I would assume there would need some modification if anything but besides the point only thing I found was 1 guy talk about it on a YouTube comment saying G37 coupe pipe would work and also i didn't know that most shops won't cut the cats that's good to know ! thanks again !
I can't speak to the fitment of a G37 coupe downpipe in a QX-50 but I can say that federal law prohibits the removal of cats. The GM dealership here where I have my work done wouldn't swap my OEM LDPs for HKS LDPs because of that. There's a small independent shop here that didn't give a rip and swapped them for $250. You have to look around to find a shop that will.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I can't speak to the fitment of a G37 coupe downpipe in a QX-50 but I can say that federal law prohibits the removal of cats. The GM dealership here where I have my work done wouldn't swap my OEM LDPs for HKS LDPs because of that. There's a small independent shop here that didn't give a rip and swapped them for $250. You have to look around to find a shop that will.
Yes I understand I will keep hunting info and got various opinions as I really want test pipes I spoke with a tuner already so getting a tune it possible just trying to figure out some parts , same with intakes people tell me keep stock box and just change the drop ins but yes I hear you on that I'm in Texas so I'm sure I can find some nice shops and I will probably call around to ask questions ! thanks for sharing some insight p.s i wish i did had the Q50 but have to work with what i got for now :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts