Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received a recall noticed for my Q50. They will perform a software update and recalibrate the DAS.

I'm going to schedule my appointment sometime next week.

This may be the 1st process into getting them to take my car back! lol

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
I have scheduled for the update for tomorrow even if I have had zero issues since i got the preordered (in June) Q50 in Sept 2013, has almost 4k miles.

BTW: it's not a recall notice (that I got), it's called Voluntary Service Campaign.

Reactions: Foxwiz

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
They have a massive disaster on their hands here with this car. It is almost inconceivable. People should be fired.
Why so?
Mine works fine. DAS and all.

This may be the 1st process into getting them to take my car back! lol
Why would you think that?
That is just silly.

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
As I said the other day, Andrew, some people have this irrational passion and need to see Infiniti fail. It's almost political. You see this in the comments to every Infiniti news release and review. I would be pretty angry if my car exhibited these flaws, but I would see no need to bash Infiniti at every opportunity and wish for people to lose their jobs.

My observation stands: Infiniti is the most hated brand in the industry. It was like this before the Q50. Opportunists have been jumping on the Q50's problematic launch to pronounce the brand "dead" from the moment the name changes were announced.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
You got it in the mail? or an email?

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for another good laugh VBX.

Dummer than dirt is about the only thing that come to mind right now.
I think you're the idiot here bud. You couldn't even comprehend a simple sentence in a previous thread. LOL

Several people stated after the updates that their steering wheel was off or the car started drifting to the left or right. In other words "created more problems".

Not sure where the confusion is?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
VBX, one of the people you were argueing with sent me a thank you msg for straightening you out on that thread.
<<<The op Nadir fixed his steering himself.>>>
[EDIT] oops, sorry correction, his car fixed itself.
[EDIT] But there is also a reset process to have DAS align itself that anyone can do.

So what ever you want to beleive. ;)

Sounds like your having delusions of grandeur though... :)

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I just received the letter. No where in the letter it mention recall.
It is a voluntary service update. I'll wait until I reach 10K miles to do my oil change and do the update at the same time since I have no DAS issue.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I dont think its a DISASTER, but I do think a lot of the negative opinions are coming from the fact that a MAJOR system in the car is not working properly at least in some cases.

InTouch apps that dont work? Eh, we can live with it....but steering? Thats kind of a big deal. Big enough that Infiniti SHOULD have gotten it right the first time. Then the update(s) they rushed out that still didnt fix it was just more fuel on the fire.

They wont fail because of this, and eventually they will find a fix (especially if they start having to buy back vehicles). Its just a bad start to a brand new platform.

Did the G have any issues during its introduction? (serious question, as I wasnt looking at them way back then)

On the flipside, there is a lesson for them to learn.......test their designs in more real world scenarios (like a really cold morning in the northeast)

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
The G did have issues, and many of the same people were claiming that Infiniti was dead back in 2002. The original G35's problem areas were electrical (radio/cd player failures), brake issues, and squeaks and rattles.

·
Registered
432 Posts
The thing is I can't believe Infiniti is taking forever with updates to get things right.
It is all software and it should be relatively quick to make coding edits then test them on a track.

The software for steering (DAS) and the InTouch Apps should have been perfected by end of December since the car was out in August!

Reactions: Latrant

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
The thing is I can't believe Infiniti is taking forever with updates to get things right.
It is all software and it should be relatively quick to make coding edits then test them on a track.
The software for steering (DAS) and the InTouch Apps should have been perfected by end of December since the car was out in August!
It's not that simple.

Infiniti has to test it.. probably quite rigirously since it involves the steering.

And they probably wanted to analyze a decent sample size of failures to determine how many different failures they were dealing with.
This also takes time.

The whole process of investigating and finding root cause, implementing the fixes, and finally testing the fixes is not something you can rush out the door.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
The G did have issues, and many of the same people were claiming that Infiniti was dead back in 2002. The original G35's problem areas were electrical (radio/cd player failures), brake issues, and squeaks and rattles.
I know people wanted to start a class action lawsuit because the brakes wore out so fast.
They used super soft pads that stopped top of the class, but wore out to quick.
And people were not happy with the brake dust as well.

Some rattles. I got a horrible door rattle the dealer had to fix.

They put the climate control and bose stereo componens on one circuit board and over time it would just break.
So you had no radio or climate control.
They never had a fix for this.
You get replacement unit, it can break in the exact same manner down the road.
A refurbed unit was like $500.
I think the dealer charged over $1000 for a new one.
This is another issue people were upset there wasn't a recall for.

Later on with the G35 they split the bose and climate control onto seperate circuit boards and fixed the problem.

Anyhow,, ye the G35 had a few problems.
I'm sure there were more.
Those are the one's I know of.

·
Registered
32 Posts
It's not that simple...
The whole process of investigating and finding root cause, implementing the fixes, and finally testing the fixes is not something you can rush out the door.
Completely agree. I'm more familiar with the medical device field, but I can say that this process can take time, and you need to get the fix correct. It is actually impressive that Infiniti was able to determine the cause and fix this as quickly as they did, WITHOUT the need for a recall. And yes, living in warm but too dry California, I'll just wait until my first service in about 2500 miles to do this.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts

I have to agree with everyone else, its not that simple and easy. Being a developer myself, it takes time to make changes and do enough regression testing to make sure nothing else breaks in the process. Being that the inTouch is already getting a bad review from other, I'm sure they're being extra cautious with each new release to make sure no more issues are caused by their mistakes or overlooked issues.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.