Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was a little apprehensive with all the comments for the InTouch system, and were comparing the Q50 with the IS350 and S4.

After test driving all three (all three decent cars), we decided to go with the Q50. Good value for the dollar, and it is available next week for pickup.

Got the Sports Premium. Thought about the Hybrid, but losing the spare tire and all that trunk space was a no-no. pretty excited to pick up the car next week.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Congrats and looking forward to pics of your car! :D

Btw, welcome to the forum! :)

·
Premium Member
1,569 Posts
Congrats!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm curious---what did you think about the IS and the S4?
Thank you all for the warm welcome.

I was actually quite interested with the red but seeing it in person, it didn't quite jump out like it did in pictures. It was a more subdue red and i wanted it to be a bit more crimson. I already owned a few white cars so don't want another one.

Then the sales agent show me the malbec black and that was it. I love how it changes color from purple to black. One of the reason why I went with the gas awd instead of Hybrid (besides trunk space, no spare) is the gas is available in this color right now.

Yes, will post some pictures once I take delivery.

Anything I should look out for during delivery, all?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
LOL

forgot to comment on the IS350 and the S4.

The S4 accelerates the fastest and with the sports diff, the cornering was great. I really like the flat bottom steering wheel and the fact it felt so solid (thicker leather). I really like the grill and the style of the car. It looks elegant and not 'in your face-ish'.

However, the 2nd row is super tight (more so than the IS and definitely the Q50). There is also no USB port to hook up devices or even charge your phone except an out dated Apple interface in the glove box. Overall, I don't have anything bad to say about the car's performance. It is a driver's car. The price is much higher price (which I was willing to pay -- but the more sensible wife disagreed), and nothing is inventory for the option/color I want (custom order is 3 months)

the IS350 seems heavier than both the S4 and Q50 (my perception), but the turning radius is much tighter than the Q50. I love the LFA tach and seeing the speed in prominent position. The Q50's speed guage is super small! I will likely speed unintentionally due to not seeing going from 70 to 80... Interior of the IS is nicer. The HD display 7" is crisp even in direct sunlight (which the 8" display in the Q50 struggles with). However, the FSports is missing quite a few odd options I like: rain sensing wiper, back-up sensors, LED lights and memory seats (!). Everytime I take the car in for maintenance, I'll need to readjust the seat?! While I like the new aggressive grill, the offset 'nike' light from the headlight looks odd. I could live with it, but ... there's the Q50.

The Q is not perfect, but did everything enough to edge out the other two cars. At the end of the day, any one of these three cars would be fine so I didn't really sweat too much. The Q50 was right price, right value, right options and has the color I want right away.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
LOL

forgot to comment on the IS350 and the S4.

The S4 accelerates the fastest and with the sports diff, the cornering was great. I really like the flat bottom steering wheel and the fact it felt so solid (thicker leather). I really like the grill and the style of the car. It looks elegant and not 'in your face-ish'.

However, the 2nd row is super tight (more so than the IS and definitely the Q50). There is also no USB port to hook up devices or even charge your phone except an out dated Apple interface in the glove box. Overall, I don't have anything bad to say about the car's performance. It is a driver's car. The price is much higher price (which I was willing to pay -- but the more sensible wife disagreed), and nothing is inventory for the option/color I want (custom order is 3 months)

the IS350 seems heavier than both the S4 and Q50 (my perception), but the turning radius is much tighter than the Q50. I love the LFA tach and seeing the speed in prominent position. The Q50's speed guage is super small! I will likely speed unintentionally due to not seeing going from 70 to 80... Interior of the IS is nicer. The HD display 7" is crisp even in direct sunlight (which the 8" display in the Q50 struggles with). However, the FSports is missing quite a few odd options I like: rain sensing wiper, back-up sensors, LED lights and memory seats (!). Everytime I take the car in for maintenance, I'll need to readjust the seat?! While I like the new aggressive grill, the offset 'nike' light from the headlight looks odd. I could live with it, but ... there's the Q50.

The Q is not perfect, but did everything enough to edge out the other two cars. At the end of the day, any one of these three cars would be fine so I didn't really sweat too much. The Q50 was right price, right value, right options and has the color I want right away.
That's some some great feedback--very objective and honest!

I test drove the IS350F-Sport some time back and I actually didn't notice that it didn't have backup sensors! :eek: Wow, that's quite interesting---it still has a rear camera with trajectory but the lack of sensors sorta feels counter-intuitive in a way..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.