Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
first let me say, what a nice driving car (s AWD, deluxe with nav) would have bought it today but........

after a eff of a time with the dealer, i want to look else where....
got treated me like i was buying a used car... ie they wanted to have a pay stub to "honor" VPP pricing without giving me the full VPP. stating that he had to show infinity why i was getting such a great deal.
i said what if it was end of the month and i was a good haggler? i said either he honors VPP fully or he doesn't. and that I'm not showing a pay stub unless i get full VPP.
Finally came back with he would honor at $47 and change, but doesn't have malbeck or reg black in the combination test driven. and that he searched 500 miles with none insight. quick look and a dealer 45 mins away appears to have one.
he said he would honor the price if i ordered it (2-3 month wait)... but after the ride home... im not sure i want to help this guy make his numbers

4 questions...
1 do all dealers participate in VPP because i called another local up and they said no
2 is it really 2-3 month wait?
3 only thing i don't like about the car is no remote start. i have a feeling year 2 will have it but im stretching my current car out as it is. do you think they will put it in on 2015?
4 can anyone tell me what the VPP price should be? i have a feeling even his second number was wrong.... if you don't want to share here please pm

·
Registered
302 Posts
first let me say, what a nice driving car (s AWD, deluxe with nav) would have bought it today but........

got treated me like i was buying a used car... ie they wanted to have a pay stub to "honor" VPP pricing without giving me the full VPP. stating that he had to show infinity why i was getting such a great deal.
i said what if it was end of the month and i was a good haggler? i said either he honors VPP fully or he doesn't. and that I'm not showing a pay stub unless i get full VPP.
Finally came back with he would honor at $47 and change, but doesn't have malbeck or reg black in the combination test driven. and that he searched 500 miles with none insight. quick look and a dealer 45 mins away appears to have one.
he said he would honor the price if i ordered it (2-3 month wait)... but after the ride home... im not sure i want to help this guy make his numbers

4 questions...
1 do all dealers participate in VPP because i called another local up and they said no
3 only thing i don't like about the car is no remote start. i have a feeling year 2 will have it but im stretching my current car out as it is. do you think they will put it in on 2015?
4 can anyone tell me what the VPP price should be? i have a feeling even his second number was wrong.... if you don't want to share here please pm
1 - i assumed this is a corporate program that dealers must support. I just saw Afrosheen's comment and stand corrected. So far, each dealer in my area I've spoken to supports it.
2 - my understanding as of last week, if you custom order a car today, it will deliver in November
3 - subjective. I imagine they make the decision based on demand.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
is there any more info on the remote start....would love to be sure and know what to ask for if i pull the trigger

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts

4 questions...
1. I believe VPP participation is up to the dealership.
2. I've been hearing that other dealerships have cars coming in but they are giving delivery dates of Sept - Oct so that could be a legit statement. Maybe JasonH can chime in on this, hes great with providing us this type of info.
3. Its a possibility that remote start might come out later. If enough people raise it to Infiniti, they consider it. I was shocked that Nissan offers it on the Altima and we don't get it on the Q50.
4. There are some other threads on this regarding VPP pricing.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Not all will honor it.. 2 to 3 month is accurate on a special order but usually you dont need to do that.. he wanted s pay stub up front? What dealer were you at? That isnt normal, although you do need to provide proof to qualify before signing

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not all will honor it.. 2 to 3 month is accurate on a special order but usually you dont need to do that.. he wanted s pay stub up front? What dealer were you at? That isnt normal, although you do need to provide proof to qualify before signing
no not upfront but just prior to signing

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The car cant be that hard to find either
welcome to the tristate area where everything is a rat race..... so you have to play games with everything... anyway i got another dealer calling back with an inventory check...

anyone have a link for vpp threads... search on here for vpp is empty

·
Registered
325 Posts
welcome to the tristate area where everything is a rat race..... so you have to play games with everything... anyway i got another dealer calling back with an inventory check...

anyone have a link for vpp threads... search on here for vpp is empty
Not sure if that was a shot at me or not.. would have helped.. if that was a shot at me, good luck finding the car..

Reactions: Sdmiller

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not sure if that was a shot at me or not.. would have helped.. if that was a shot at me, good luck finding the car..

not at all, actually not sure how it was taken out of context.... just meant in NJ, everyone is always trying to get over on everyone else. ie rat race, games etc....

·
Registered
325 Posts
not at all, actually not sure how it was taken out of context.... just meant in NJ, everyone is always trying to get over on everyone else. ie rat race, games etc....
Gotcha lol.. are you local? That configuration seems to be easy to get

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Well, I had to back out of the Wheat or even Stone interior in my Moonlight White and drop the Sports too if I wanted mine any time soon. I even searched and couldn't find one to my original specifications within 500 miles. Of course even the one I did end up with (Premium with Graphite interior) had to be traded with Florida. So some are definitely harder to locate than others. Technology packages seem hardest to find in my area, other than AWD because that is just not really needed in Tennessee.

4 questions...
The need for proof for VPP pricing is absolutely true! Otherwise everyone would lie about being an employee of a business associate or family of a Nissan/Infiniti employee. You just need to give them a copy of your business card, work ID badge or pay stub (and can have $$ blacked out). The VPP pricing has different rates depending on your relationship (business associate versus family of Nissan/Infiniti employee, etc...). You may have simply misunderstood him.

There can be a wait for sure, just ask several on this forum who are still awaiting their pre-orders! Can't take it as if the rep was screwing you over on purpose. If you did find the exact configuration as the one you wanted, it could be that the two dealers will not work together (happened to me).

I would not assume remote start will be standard on next year's model. Remote start is NOT a new feature in general but Infiniti has yet to make it available. It can cause interference with other things (like your alarm) so it may just be too much of a hassle to make standard. But one can easily be added by aftermarket shops.

I'd STRONGLY suggest that you work with JasonH. He is a rep in New Jersey, hence why he thought you may be taking a stab at him. He's been a great source of information on this forum and willing to help people out. He can also provide you with a correct VPP number for you.

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
+1 on JasonH's help. He helped me out with finding my car without me even asking, when my own dealership couldn't even tell me where it was.

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Think again.

The production cycle is still quite early and certain combinations, specific with less popular paints and trims are still going to be very hard to find right now.

I'm not really sure why OP is so upset with the salesman. I don't know why he thought he could get away with getting VPP pricing without showing a pay stub. Maybe I missed something?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Think again.

The production cycle is still quite early and certain combinations, specific with less popular paints and trims are still going to be very hard to find right now.

I'm not really sure why OP is so upset with the salesman. I don't know why he thought he could get away with getting VPP pricing without showing a pay stub. Maybe I missed something?
Spoke with him today, the car is definitely out there and I can get it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.