Infiniti Q50 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, it had to be done. My car had a weird "radiator fluid smell" that didn't go away. Actually, it got worse. Lexus said it was "normal".

Everytime I drove the car, I would get headaches and my leg would go numb and when I walk, my legs would feel very very weak.

I sat in a few other IS350 F-sport to see if they also suffer from this but it didn't and Lexus refuse to do anything about it. So it seemed that there was a defect in my Fsport.

Well, I just dumped my 2 month old IS350 Fsport for a Q50. It had to be done. I refuse to drive the car because of this and was not going to class. (I work at home so that wasn't an issue). Other than, that, I refused to drive the car unless I had to. This was no good. (mentally, physically, socially, etc etc. )

Previous:
Black on Black IS350 Fsport with 500 something miles
Navigation
Blind Spot Monitor.

New:
Silver on Blk Charcoal Q50 with 15 miles on the odo.
Touring Package
Navi
Bose Audio

Took a huge loss on the trade but they offer me pretty close to invoice.

My previous car was a 2006 G35 Coupe owned for 7 years. Let's just say Infiniti has better service.

Oh and I leased this car instead because the 2015 Redesign Q60 is going to be out soon.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Wow I wish I had that kind of money to just go and change my car because I didn't like how my food would fall asleep.

How much did you lose on the IS if you dont mind me asking.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow I wish I had that kind of money to just go and change my car because I didn't like how my food would fall asleep.

How much did you lose on the IS if you dont mind me asking.
Well most of what I lost were taxes and other fees. Other than that, Infiniti offered me a pretty good deal. Not even Honda or Lex could match it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Well most of what I lost were taxes and other fees. Other than that, Infiniti offered me a pretty good deal. Not even Honda or Lex could match it.
I know what you mean. I was quoted $350 for a low package Honda accord compared to $383 for a fully loaded hybrid Q50

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
sucks to hear you got a defective IS and that lexus wouldnt do a thing about it. did you try multiple dealerships? maybe contacting lexus USA ?

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Given your symptoms, you made the right choice. The story that Lexus gave you was inappropriate, IMO. Welcome to the forum. The lease sounds like a great idea with your future plans in mind!

·
Premium Member
5,661 Posts
Well, it had to be done. My car had a weird "radiator fluid smell" that didn't go away. Actually, it got worse. Lexus said it was "normal".

Everytime I drove the car, I would get headaches and my leg would go numb and when I walk, my legs would feel very very weak.
Wait, what?

Your legs got numb due to the smell you think?

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wait, what?

Your legs got numb due to the smell you think?
Yes, Hard to explain. But more of a tingly feeling. I guess the fumes makes me hyperventilate which leads to those symptoms.

It's more of a long term effect. Lets say you test drive it for 15 minutes. You won't notice any negative effect besides the coolant smell.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Congrats man. The IS350 F sport was the car I was on the verge of getting if it weren't for the Q50S. I'm glad I went with the Q50S.

I don't know if it's just the dealership in my area, but they pretty much gave me everything I wanted.

They sold it to me for invoice price, gave me 15K trade in for my 3.5 SL 2007 Altima (Kelly BB trade in value) and gave me a 5 year 1.6 interest rate loan (same rate on a 4.5 year loan at Logix credit union).

The whole thing was done in less than an hour. I don't know if it's the norm for Infiniti dealerships, but they treated me well and wanted to get things done.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Congrats man. The IS350 F sport was the car I was on the verge of getting if it weren't for the Q50S. I'm glad I went with the Q50S.

I don't know if it's just the dealership in my area, but they pretty much gave me everything I wanted.

They sold it to me for invoice price, gave me 15K trade in for my 3.5 SL 2007 Altima (Kelly BB trade in value) and gave me a 5 year 1.6 interest rate loan (same rate on a 4.5 year loan at Logix credit union).

The whole thing was done in less than an hour. I don't know if it's the norm for Infiniti dealerships, but they treated me well and wanted to get things done.
Thanks and congrats on your purchase too.

So far, the Q50 is a better ride. Much more refined inside and out. The only thing I don't like is the lag on the user interface. But Lexus had the same lag...

The IS350 build quality is a bit questionable. I originally thought my car was in an accident due to some cost cutting paint job under the hood.

My Lexus was a black on black. This is what part of the engine bay looked. Haven't looked at what the Q50 bay looks like but hopefully not as bad as this. Looks like I have a white car no?

Pepboy spray can overspray?

Awesome blending job.

·
Registered
432 Posts
There is cost cutting in every car whether its a Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Infiniti, or Lexus. I do feel the Q50 has some cost cutting in some but very minimal areas.

The Lexus IS though has a lot of cost cutting. I thought the materials weren't top notch and they didn't look like they were.

At the end of the day there is a budget for how much there is to make a car. Lexus spent it all on the chassis and drive dynamics. Infiniti spent it on the technology and interior.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thanks and congrats on your purchase too.

So far, the Q50 is a better ride. Much more refined inside and out. The only thing I don't like is the lag on the user interface. But Lexus had the same lag...

The IS350 build quality is a bit questionable. I originally thought my car was in an accident due to some cost cutting paint job under the hood.

My Lexus was a black on black. This is what part of the engine bay looked. Haven't looked at what the Q50 bay looks like but hopefully not as bad as this. Looks like I have a white car no?

Pepboy spray can overspray?

Awesome blending job.

Wow that does look rather light. Haven't looked under the hood on mine yet, but that's interesting.

About the responsiveness of the in touch system - I noticed it as well, but it definitely wasn't too slow or buggy or locking up. So far it has been pretty decent on responsiveness. I felt the IS350's system was a bit chunkier, and I didn't like the "mouse" control.

Does anyone know when the in touch update will be released and if it will be free? I can't wait to try out some of the features like the apps. There is a good chance the update could also make the intouch system more responsive as well.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yes, Hard to explain. But more of a tingly feeling. I guess the fumes makes me hyperventilate which leads to those symptoms.

It's more of a long term effect. Lets say you test drive it for 15 minutes. You won't notice any negative effect besides the coolant smell.
This has all indications of a pinhole leak in the heating system. Tiny amounts of coolant can evaporate and then be inhaled.

Very dangerous since coolant and its fumes are toxic. I am truly surprised Lexus gave you a run-around.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I’ve been following this forum since July because I was torn between the Q50 and the IS 350 Fsport. I went with the Fsport and I’m very happy with the car. I appreciate what Infiniti is trying to do though – disrupt the car market.

I participate in a number of forums. I am familiar with vbx from the Club Lexus forum. What vbx failed to point out is that he took the black plastic covers off – those are pictures of the paint job under the black plastic. It was pointed out to vbx that all Lexus cars are painted that way except maybe the LS. It seemed vbx had a vendetta against the car from post one. I sometimes thought vbx was a troll and ended up blocking him because of his unrelenting negativity.

He even went to Acurazine to post the same pictures ten disappeared.

Here’s a personal anecdote. A rattle developed in my passenger seat the 1st week I owned my Lexus. I took it in. They wanted to keep the car so Lexus techs could check it out to see if it was a manufacturing defect. I complained so they fixed the seat right then and there – and authorized a $750.00 check for my time based on what my 1st payment would've been if I was financing.

I never had a car manufacturer send me a check for any reason. Best of luck with your cars – we’re all winners. Anyone who can afford cars like these ain’t being treated too badly by life.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I’ve been following this forum since July because I was torn between the Q50 and the IS 350 Fsport. I went with the Fsport and I’m very happy with the car. I appreciate what Infiniti is trying to do though – disrupt the car market.

I participate in a number of forums. I am familiar with vbx from the Club Lexus forum. What vbx failed to point out is that he took the black plastic covers off – those are pictures of the paint job under the black plastic. It was pointed out to vbx that all Lexus cars are painted that way except maybe the LS. It seemed vbx had a vendetta against the car from post one. I sometimes thought vbx was a troll and ended up blocking him because of his unrelenting negativity.

He even went to Acurazine to post the same pictures ten disappeared.

Here’s a personal anecdote. A rattle developed in my passenger seat the 1st week I owned my Lexus. I took it in. They wanted to keep the car so Lexus techs could check it out to see if it was a manufacturing defect. I complained so they fixed the seat right then and there – and authorized a $750.00 check for my time based on what my 1st payment would've been if I was financing.

I never had a car manufacturer send me a check for any reason. Best of luck with your cars – we’re all winners. Anyone who can afford cars like these ain’t being treated too badly by life.
LOL. Now thats the spirit!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.